Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 6:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 4.71 Average
Member Photos
RE: Member Photos
(November 18, 2016 at 10:55 pm)AkiraTheFighter24 Wrote: Once Upon A Time, I was a fat lesbian:

[Image: 15046849_215333658872238_607520611463331...Mw%3D%3D.2]

Worse - you were apparently a fan of the Amazing Spider-Man movies! O_O

Ahh, the mistakes we make eh? Tongue
(Or was the gun signifying it made you wanna end it all?)
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(November 18, 2016 at 5:42 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:
(November 18, 2016 at 1:49 pm)Iroscato Wrote: New glasses innit.

[Image: VmJbd4z.jpg]

Very nice!

OK, what's the orange and green thing on your coat? Tomato? Peach? Someones misshapen butt with asparagus diarrhea?

A poppy. Originally a pacifist symbol in support of all those needlessly killed in WW1 but recently imbued with the spirit of jingo by the powers that be.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(November 18, 2016 at 11:41 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: What? Is that really you, or is this supposed to be a joke? The 2 pics look completely different lol.

Yup that was me just 4 years ago.

(November 18, 2016 at 11:46 pm)Whateverist Wrote: It's the beard and the 100+ pounds I'm guessing.

Def the fatness. XD

(November 19, 2016 at 12:27 am)Iroscato Wrote: Worse - you were apparently a fan of the Amazing Spider-Man movies! O_O

I actually wasn't. That was my 1st time seeing that horrid movie and even then I hated it. To make my point I put a toy gun next to my head. XD
[Image: 6QOh5df.jpg]
(November 18, 2016 at 11:45 pm)Whateverist Wrote:
(November 18, 2016 at 6:08 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Wife's handy work.

[Image: mbH1ZfQ.jpg?1]

My compliments to your better half.  I assume that wasn't taken this week?  What's the weather like where you are?  We just got cold.  Nights had been in the 50's but last night it was 30's.  (Send blankets.)

Taken on Wed. this week. We've been in high's of 60's to 70's, low's 40's. They are on the west side of the house so they got reflected heat. Knew the weather was going to change so snapped a photo of the last. Now we have 20's for lows and 40's for highs.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Great looking roses. Your wife did an excellent job with them. I can't tell from the picture too well, but are the pinkish, yellowish ones a 'Love and Peace' rose? I have about 20 various roses in my yard.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
(November 19, 2016 at 7:43 am)AkiraTheFighter24 Wrote:
(November 18, 2016 at 11:41 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: What? Is that really you, or is this supposed to be a joke? The 2 pics look completely different lol.

Wow that is amazing. Congratulations! I'm very happy for you. Smile
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(November 19, 2016 at 8:38 am)A Theist Wrote:

Great looking roses. Your wife did an excellent job with them. I can't tell from the picture too well, but are the pinkish, yellowish ones a 'Love and Peace' rose? I have about 20 various roses in my yard.

I have no clue. My wife probably does not either. 

Roses seem to be the one flower that she can grow well. We have lots of funerals for the others.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 19, 2016 at 7:43 am)AkiraTheFighter24 Wrote:

(November 18, 2016 at 11:46 pm)Whateverist Wrote: It's the beard and the 100+ pounds I'm guessing.

Def the fatness. XD

(November 19, 2016 at 12:27 am)Iroscato Wrote: Worse - you were apparently a fan of the Amazing Spider-Man movies! O_O

I actually wasn't. That was my 1st time seeing that horrid movie and even then I hated it. To make my point I put a toy gun next to my head. XD

As someone who has made it completely back from being the mountain, do you have any tips for the rest of us about how you approach eating these days?
(November 19, 2016 at 12:54 pm)Whateverist Wrote:
(November 19, 2016 at 7:43 am)AkiraTheFighter24 Wrote: Yup that was me just 4 years ago.

Def the fatness. XD

As someone who has made it completely back from being the mountain, do you have any tips for the rest of us about how you approach eating these days?

Simple, I eat healthy, tell people about my diet and don't give a damn about people feelings when they offer me something they clearly know that I can't eat. It's not starving though, majority of the unhealthy stuff can be made with healthy stuff as well and taste good. You just have to know what you're doing and how to cook.
[Image: 6QOh5df.jpg]
(November 19, 2016 at 2:52 pm)AkiraTheFighter24 Wrote:
(November 19, 2016 at 12:54 pm)Whateverist Wrote: As someone who has made it completely back from being the mountain, do you have any tips for the rest of us about how you approach eating these days?

Simple, I eat healthy, tell people about my diet and don't give a damn about people feelings when they offer me something they clearly know that I can't eat. It's not starving though, majority of the unhealthy stuff can be made with healthy stuff as well and taste good. You just have to know what you're doing and how to cook.

I dropped from 240 to 200 starting at the beginning of this year by doing the same.  I got to that weight within the ten weeks of the healthy eating class offered at Kaiser.  When it ended I resolved to just go on eating healthy and moderating things I love like cookies with tea.  I'm still at 200 but thinking of taking the class again.  It meets weekly and includes a weight in at the start of each class.  The way I eat now is sufficient to maintain but I know to lose again I'll have to allow myself to feel hungry more than I do now and my sweet tooth will hate it but I know how to make it work coming in under a daily calorie limit.

I start every day early with a big bowl of steel cut oat meal loaded with fruit and nuts.  Then I go until 1 or 2 and then have my biggest meal.  Later I'll just have a salad.  Right now, I get 1 mochi ball mango ice cream treat from trader joe's every night.  I'll have to let that go to lose again.

Got any more specific tips?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pet Photos thread where too much is never enough. Whateverist 1189 131132 May 3, 2024 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  new member asswriter 8 291 April 12, 2024 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  New member MistMuse 7 320 April 2, 2024 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New member Jillybean 19 744 March 4, 2024 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member titanif 8 902 October 10, 2023 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  [Serious] Hi. Previous member here. I'm so sorry. Steelfist 2 669 September 21, 2023 at 5:00 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member PaulC 13 1428 August 13, 2023 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  New member Dansup 9 1218 April 1, 2023 at 3:44 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  long time atheist, new member BloodyHeartland 17 2152 February 6, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New Member johndoe122931 21 2734 June 2, 2021 at 7:06 am
Last Post: no one