Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 1:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 4.71 Average
Member Photos
RE: Member Photos
The bitter truth is you gotta be a bit of an asshole for women to feel that you are genuine. I was the "nice guy" growing up and it just doesn't work, it was only once I used a little bit of "the neg" that I acheived some measure of success. Oh, and I learned to swing dance, yeah that probably is what brought the real success. I had a skill to attract women and was able to weave a bit of mystery and convince them I was worth having by showing that they couldn't just have me easily. Fucked up really. Maybe for you Balkan dancing could bring success? I had a dance partner once who was into Balkan dancing. Who knew there was a whole scene here in Portland centered around such a niche dance style?

Women only like a guy who has skills, but don't go out and buy a bo staff or nunchucks just yet.
(March 19, 2012 at 8:53 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: The bitter truth is you gotta be a bit of an asshole for women to feel that you are genuine. I was the "nice guy" growing up and it just doesn't work, it was only once I used a little bit of "the neg" that I acheived some measure of success. Oh, and I learned to swing dance, yeah that probably is what brought the real success. I had a skill to attract women and was able to weave a bit of mystery and convince them I was worth having by showing that they couldn't just have me easily. Fucked up really. Maybe for you Balkan dancing could bring success? I had a dance partner once who was into Balkan dancing. Who knew there was a whole scene here in Portland centered around such a niche dance style?

Women only like a guy who has skills, but don't go out and buy a bo staff or nunchucks just yet.
I am neither a nice guy, neither an asshole. I'm mostly very neutral towards women-not nice enough for them to use me, not asshole enough for them to like me.
I am a good dancer, meaning, in folklore, I know balkan dancing styles, not all, maybe, but I've hanged out with a few bosniak fellows back in my days to know some of their dances, including our own folklore from Ankara and Caucasia.
However, folklore is far from being attractive around these parts.
Only squares apply for folklore, and here...Well, the folklore was beset by people I politically do not agree with, and they have used the folklore association of the school for their own political means, and I've quitted it. Recently only I've heard of the success of our own guys in the association, but I'm already in another related association in the school, with the old one I've founded was closed by the school, I've seen it fit to join it with my own crew, dispersed them amongst the rest, and taken up my own path...I've dispersed the topic again...
My point is, here, one has to be a good talker, at first.
I only talk at political assemblies, where I usually present my views on matters of the week in an hour long seminar to a lot of people, girls among them.
However, this type of talking is not the type of talking you want to employ to get gals to love you, they'll be bored. I tried to do small talk, but the best I manage is to get the topic back to the things we're discussing here, and in the other forums I post in.
Meaning, it's very, very boring.
Sometimes I tell of my old tales back in Germany and of my highschool days, but after two hours, those tire out aswell, then I start telling old wives' tales, and continue with supernatural stuff if they still look interested. Then they ask me to read their fortune, which is why most girls come to me, and I know that they already have someone else in mind, and come to ask me what the coffee grinds/bones/cone will tell of their future with this person.
Then I make that feel when no gf face.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Small talk is BS, Mehmet.

I know it's not really any help, but I like a guy who talks about intelligent, important things. The guy I'm sleeping with now attracted me as I got to know him because he's constantly railing about politics and science. He's also hysterically funny, but that's besides the point. He's polite - very courteous and affectionate - but not a pushover. I adore him. Couldn't ask for a better lover.

You just have to find a woman with those values. The best relationships, of any sort, are people who challenge each other in wits and conversation.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Well, I have to search far and wide, maybe.
But there is a saying, every pan finds it's lid one day.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(March 19, 2012 at 5:28 pm)tobie Wrote: [Image: ER9zW.jpg]

Me on tour with my school's Jazz Band in the Netherlands. I'm the bloke on the left, with the absurdly long hair.

Thinking

Unlikely as it is... trans?

(of course not... my judgement is worthless atm. Freaking sore throat. Storm has been going all night and day.)

(March 19, 2012 at 7:02 pm)Mosrhun Wrote: Cut your hair, hippies.

Over my dead bo-waitaminute.

I'll kill in cold blood before I'll cut someone's hair off.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(March 19, 2012 at 8:53 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: The bitter truth is you gotta be a bit of an asshole for women to feel that you are genuine. I was the "nice guy" growing up and it just doesn't work, it was only once I used a little bit of "the neg" that I acheived some measure of success. Oh, and I learned to swing dance, yeah that probably is what brought the real success. I had a skill to attract women and was able to weave a bit of mystery and convince them I was worth having by showing that they couldn't just have me easily. Fucked up really. Maybe for you Balkan dancing could bring success? I had a dance partner once who was into Balkan dancing. Who knew there was a whole scene here in Portland centered around such a niche dance style?

What worked (and has ALWAYS worked) with me is that you BE genuine. Don't give me that "nice guy/ bad guy" crap...just BE who you are and so will I and if that is suitable THEN the sparks can fly.... not that I am any prize, but it has worked for Zen and me Big Grin
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(March 19, 2012 at 7:34 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: What girl doesn't like a guy with large hands?

*raises her hand...*

I don't particularly dislike them either though.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Can't say I am fond of them... but they HAVE to be talented!
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(March 20, 2012 at 8:08 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote:

What worked (and has ALWAYS worked) with me is that you BE genuine. Don't give me that "nice guy/ bad guy" crap...just BE who you are and so will I and if that is suitable THEN the sparks can fly.... not that I am any prize, but it has worked for Zen and me Big Grin

I've never found much difficulty in being genuine and being a bit of an asshole. I think we all have an inner asshole if only we can get in touch with it.

Lube helps with that, I hear.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pet Photos thread where too much is never enough. Whateverist 1189 131290 May 3, 2024 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  new member asswriter 8 320 April 12, 2024 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  New member MistMuse 7 321 April 2, 2024 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New member Jillybean 19 778 March 4, 2024 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member titanif 8 902 October 10, 2023 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  [Serious] Hi. Previous member here. I'm so sorry. Steelfist 2 669 September 21, 2023 at 5:00 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member PaulC 13 1433 August 13, 2023 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  New member Dansup 9 1218 April 1, 2023 at 3:44 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  long time atheist, new member BloodyHeartland 17 2159 February 6, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New Member johndoe122931 21 2743 June 2, 2021 at 7:06 am
Last Post: no one