Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Television Thread
RE: Otter's Official Television Thread
(April 28, 2019 at 3:31 am)Kit Wrote: Was thinking about checking out Bonding.

Quote:A New York City grad student moonlighting as a dominatrix enlists her gay BFF from high school to be her assistant.

Even though the episodes are short, less than twenty minutes, it's still a good show. I quite like it.
Watching I Think You Should Leave.

Quote:In this new sketch show, Tim Robinson and guests spend each segment driving someone to the point of needing -- or desperately wanting -- to leave.

It's like a wackier MadTV. Pretty funny.
Going to check out Cuckoo

Quote:Cuckoo is every parent's worst nightmare - a slacker full of outlandish, New Age ideas.
Just finished watching The Act. It was quite good, and while some of the music choices are perfect (Serge Gainsbourg, anyone?), the choice to end the series on "Femme Fatale" is very questionable, especially since, from my research, and, indeed, the rest of the series, Gypsy Rose Blanchard is probably as far as one can get from the femme fatale archetype while still being a murderess.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(May 2, 2019 at 11:54 am)Rev. Rye Wrote: Just finished watching The Act. It was quite good, and while some of the music choices are perfect (Serge Gainsbourg, anyone?), the choice to end the series on "Femme Fatale" is very questionable, especially since, from my research, and, indeed, the rest of the series, Gypsy Rose Blanchard is probably as far as one can get from the femme fatale archetype while still being a murderess.

I tried to watch it, but the premise was making me too upset to continue watching it.
(May 2, 2019 at 11:18 pm)Fierce Wrote:
(May 2, 2019 at 11:54 am)Rev. Rye Wrote: Just finished watching The Act. It was quite good, and while some of the music choices are perfect (Serge Gainsbourg, anyone?), the choice to end the series on "Femme Fatale" is very questionable, especially since, from my research, and, indeed, the rest of the series, Gypsy Rose Blanchard is probably as far as one can get from the femme fatale archetype while still being a murderess.

I tried to watch it, but the premise was making me too upset to continue watching it.

Well, just remember Dee Dee Blancharde does end up butchered. It's unfortunate that she only meets up with Nicholas Godejohn around episode 4; otherwise, looking at the actual case that inspired it, I looked at this and thought: holy shit, this is like a fairy tale I'd write. Hell, I'd have even toyed with naming her Gypsy Rose if not for the fact that such a name would be way too on the nose.

Once upon a time, there was a princess named Gypsy Rose. And true to her name, she was ruled over by her mother, a wicked witch who kept her locked away in a tower. The witch kept her sick with many potions she claimed were medicines she needed to keep her well. And she kept moving from tower to tower when the neighbours started to notice it. And then, one day, Princess Gypsy Rose met a handsome young prince with autism, and they hatched upon a plan to kill the wicked witch. And one day, she noticed him hanging around her and before she could cast a spell on him, he threw his spear into her heart, slaying her. And he threw his spear into her several more times just to be sure.

And they all lived happily ever after. At least until the police caught wind of it and sent them to prison.

Okay, so fairy tales aren't my millieu. But seriously, true crime, autism, and matricide? That's my jam, man!

I wasn't aware that I had stopped watching season fourteen of Supernatural. Time to continue, and from reading the synopsis of each episode I believe I have to continue with episode seven.
Going to check out The Society.

Quote:A group of teenagers struggles to survive after they're mysteriously transported to a replica of their wealthy town with no trace of their parents.
Checking out Champions

Quote:Vince is forced to re-think his laid-back lifestyle following an unexpected visit.
Finally watching the first episode of Catch-22. It shuffles around the order of some scenes, but given how non-linear the original book was, it's no real loss. It starts with a scene of Scheisskopf berating his troops for not maintaining a perfect level of decorum during a parade, and we manage to introduce the cast of characters through their reactions. And, as a matter of fact, that exchange Yossarian has with Scheisskopf's wife about the gods they don't believe in, the one I've used multiple times to explain the difference between me and my therapist, it happens eight minutes into episode one. That said, I'm not sure how often Yossarian was called YoYo in the book. Overall, I see more of the novel's version of Yossarian in this adaptation than in Alan Arkin's movie version.

Seriously, I'm not even ten minutes into the first episode, and my reaction is

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupidest show airing on television? Foxaèr 31 1703 July 22, 2020 at 7:02 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Comedy on television Foxaèr 2 571 September 6, 2018 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Question in relation to television series writing Foxaèr 1 754 October 29, 2017 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hammy's Official Music Thread Edwardo Piet 5 1035 October 9, 2017 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  With all these old, cancelled television shows returning to the screen Foxaèr 12 3434 May 23, 2017 at 4:00 am
Last Post: StuW
  My current list of television shows Foxaèr 15 2515 October 18, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Still no official writing thread. Foxaèr 3 1094 January 25, 2016 at 4:54 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4