Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Television Thread
RE: Otter's Official Television Thread
(May 27, 2021 at 4:42 pm)Five Wrote: I like this show but it's gotten to the point where....

Ambrose: *sees something in the telescope and goes wide-eyed with panic* "No! No no no no no!"

Me: "Oh, ffs. What now?"

LOL, took me a few moments to realize what you were talking about.

What did you think about that episode in the church when Sabrina resurrected? That, I thought, was the best scene in the entire series.
(May 27, 2021 at 9:09 pm)Eleven Wrote: LOL, took me a few moments to realize what you were talking about.

What did you think about that episode in the church when Sabrina resurrected? That, I thought, was the best scene in the entire series.

I haven't made it through the entire thing yet, I'm still in season 4 with Eldritch Terrors. But even up to this point, yes, fuckin' absolutely. That scene was cool as all get out and beautifully shot. I thought it was a little underwhelming how it played out in the rest of the series, though. Like, at the point I'm at, Lucifer is just a sexy dad. But in the church episode, Sabrina was so infused with his power that she was transformed into a harbinger for his arrival and the capital "A" Apocalypse.

Overall, I think it is fairly decent as a show. But the escalation problem I mentioned can get tiresome. And if I were going to either of those schools, I'd be just about sick and tired of hearing about Sabrina or listening to her talk. I'd be the guy who heard about something screwy happening, very dire and bizarre and being like, "Goddammit, Sabrina!" just automatically.

Watching a little Spongebob Squarepants.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Watching 'Ratched'. Disturbing and twisted and I have to keep watching it.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(May 30, 2021 at 3:21 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Watching 'Ratched'. Disturbing and twisted and I have to keep watching it.

That was a good one.
Currently watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.

Fast-paced, witty dialogue, it turns out they do still make them like they used to. And with fewer taboos like the Production Code to have to deal with.

Also, it turns out that in a past life, I might have been a butch Jewish woman from Queens who may or may not have been a lesbian. How else do you explain the fact that Susie also wears a Greek fisherman's cap all the time and geeks out over ancient blues and jazz like Charley Patton and Louis Armstrong's Hot Five and Seven? [Note: you may need to watch Season 2, Episode 3 to get that little joke.] How many other people do you know like that? At least this time around, I live in a world where you can buy Patton's collected works for $29 (and on a medium less likely to shatter with the slightest force than shellac) and keep them on your hard drive indefinitely.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Checking out Panic on Amazon Prime.

Quote:No one knows who invented Panic or when it first began. But in the forgotten rural town of Carp, Texas, the game is the only way out. Every summer the graduating seniors risk their lives competing in a series of challenges that force them to confront their deepest fears for the chance to win life-changing money. Anyone can play. Only one will win. Let the games begin.

The hottest guy in the show.
I finished watching Panic.

It was pretty good; typical teen drama.

I think next I'll check out Solos

Quote:Seven unique character-driven stories. Each character will set off on a thrilling adventure in an uncertain future and they'll come to reckon that even during our most isolated moments, we are all connected through the human experience.
Only seven episodes long, Solos on Prime is powerfully, emotionally impactful.

A quick watch and definitely worth watching.
Looks like Sweet Tooth is the next show I'll be checking out.

Quote:A boy who is half human and half deer survives in a post-apocalyptic world with other hybrids.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupidest show airing on television? Foxaèr 31 1703 July 22, 2020 at 7:02 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Comedy on television Foxaèr 2 571 September 6, 2018 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Question in relation to television series writing Foxaèr 1 754 October 29, 2017 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hammy's Official Music Thread Edwardo Piet 5 1035 October 9, 2017 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  With all these old, cancelled television shows returning to the screen Foxaèr 12 3434 May 23, 2017 at 4:00 am
Last Post: StuW
  My current list of television shows Foxaèr 15 2515 October 18, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Still no official writing thread. Foxaèr 3 1094 January 25, 2016 at 4:54 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4