Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 11:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Leftists Purging History or Al Queda in America
RE: Leftists Purging History or Al Queda in America
(August 22, 2017 at 4:52 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(August 22, 2017 at 3:58 pm)A Theist Wrote: You're still a peon in the wider scope of things like the rest of us. Piss off your bosses, you can be replaced.

Yep, so admit it you are justifying "fuck you" and "might makes right".

NO FUCKING SHIT. so what? 

It still remains no matter what short term or even long term power those with more resources gain, power shifts and economies change. Shit on on labor long enough your system will collapse. It is why BOTH the American Revolution and the Russian Revolution were fought. 

Making it a bullshit argument about going from a closed society to an open society or from an open society to a closed society doesn't change the fact that labor matters. 

Yep so by your standards since the King of England had power, and Stalin had power, might makes right. 

HOW ABOUT NO, AND FUCK YOU.

Business owners have more resources is true, but if you cannot accept that they rely on the labor they get rich off of, then you do not understand why either the American Revolution or the Russian Revolution happened.

No wonder he loves the GOP
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(August 22, 2017 at 4:52 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(August 22, 2017 at 3:58 pm)A Theist Wrote: You're still a peon in the wider scope of things like the rest of us. Piss off your bosses, you can be replaced.

Yep, so admit it you are justifying "fuck you" and "might makes right".

It still remains no matter what short term or even long term power those with more resources gain, power shifts and economies change. Shit on on labor long enough your system will collapse. It is why BOTH the American Revolution and the Russian Revolution were fought. 

Making it a bullshit argument about going from a closed society to an open society or from an open society to a closed society doesn't change the fact that labor matters. 

Yep so by your standards since the King of England had power, and Stalin had power, might makes right. 

Business owners have more resources is true, but if you cannot accept that they rely on the labor they get rich off of, then you do not understand why either the American Revolution or the Russian Revolution happened.

It would have just been too tactless for me to point out that it is much more likely for someone like me to be his boss than someone like him to be my boss.
(August 22, 2017 at 5:13 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(August 22, 2017 at 4:52 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Yep, so admit it you are justifying "fuck you" and "might makes right".

It would have just been too tactless for me to point out that it is much more likely for someone like me to be his boss than someone like him to be my boss.

By his logic, money and wealth are the only thing that matters. If we go by his logic then Gaddaffi was a good guy because he was a billionaire who owned stock in General Electric. If his logic worked the way he claims then Fidel Castro was a good guy because his estimated wealth at one point was $800,000,000 dollars.
(August 22, 2017 at 4:45 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(August 22, 2017 at 4:30 pm)Tizheruk Wrote: Can I ask what hell our employment has to do with taking down confederate statues ?

Not a damn thing, it's a transparent attempt at poisoning the well and deflection by our resident forum agitator troll.

His rants do provide an interesting view into the mind of a Trump supporter, IMO.  I mean, there's a reason why Trump went hog wild over the notion of bringing coal jobs back... there's many people who think that legitimate work means toiling away in shitty conditions and dying in their 50s or 60s.  Never mind that these jobs are rapidly being replaced by robots, or are being eliminated by market forces, it simply appeals to the base notion that work = a monotonous grind, and the nature of that grind determines a person's value.

I mean, 'bringing coal back' means, what... a few extra thousand jobs?  That's nothing in a nation of 300+ million people.  But it sells because it's 'honest' work and tugs at the nostalgia centers of our brains.

It's an outdated mindset to have as we rapidly become a service and information economy.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
(August 22, 2017 at 5:13 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(August 22, 2017 at 4:52 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Yep, so admit it you are justifying "fuck you" and "might makes right".

Depends on the setting. If you were a GM over a warehouse or in some other supervisory role in the service sector, you probably would. But if you were working in roofing, home maintenance, or in some of the other home building trades, I would have probably been your boss. I was in roofing and home maintenance for 42 years, with about a dozen years in manufacturing and warehouse work mixed in. I also had a pretty nice little roofing and slate repair business that myself and a friend of mine had for a few years. I was also a subcontractor for a number of years and ran my own crew. I finally burnt out and went back to working in a warehouse as a Reach Truck / Put Away Driver. It still requires a lot of heavy lifting. And yeah, I made damn good money back then.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
(August 22, 2017 at 3:38 pm)A Theist Wrote:
(August 22, 2017 at 8:54 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Okay, what are you talking about here?

Oh, I see. Thanks for providing an example of the behavior you think unacceptable.

[Bolding added; idiocy in original.]

(I'm still awaiting reply to the points I made in post #136. I guess these little masturbatory rants are more to your liking, though.)

You sure you want me to address your points in #136? I avoided it because you won't like what I have to say and it would turn out to be a very heated back and forth. One point, just because you're a white guy who leans a bit to the left who lives in Texas and that you have minorities in your family doesn't impress me in any way that you're an authority on race relations in the South.

Well, it's a good thing I didn't portray myself as such. I only spoke to my own personal feelings and the reasons behind them. Perhaps you should read what is written and do your best to work around the filters that your agenda seems to be imposing.

And don't worry -- if the exchange gets heated, I promise I'll do my best to take it easy on you. Smile

(August 22, 2017 at 3:38 pm)A Theist Wrote: My family's originally from one of the border states. Most of them now have migrated into Georgia, Alabama, and Tennessee.  I know a bit about Southern culture, too.

So what? That puts us on somewhat equal footing, assuming you're telling the truth. But you didn't get to the other points, namely:

Quote:Give me numbers from a reputable source. I want to see how many blacks flocked to the colors to defend the institution of slavery.

Quote:The difference is that the culmination of the life's work of all these men [the Founding Fathers -- Thump] was not the defense of slavery. Also, you can let me know when they've committed treason by taking up arms against their nation.

Quote:I don't care about political affiliation. Why should that matter at all?

Quote:Here's a thought: let's put those statues in museums rather than parks. Let's put them in museums where the educational material can explain everything these guys did, and what, exactly , they were fighting for. And it wasn't about states' rights [...]

But you only chose to reply to my statement about my own background -- which I only issued to rebut your charge of googleism and "leftwing indoctrination" (which is in itself a laugh, with its assumptions and whatnot) -- and then you simply mischaracterized what I said before brushing it off.

You can answer those other points or not. Remember that silence too is an answer of sorts ... but probably not the one you'd want to give.

Quote:You sure you want me to address your points in #136? I avoided it because you won't like what I have to say and it would turn out to be a very heated back and forth. One point, just because you're a white guy who leans a bit to the left who lives in Texas and that you have minorities in your family doesn't impress me in any way that you're an authority on race relations in the South.

In other words your a coward who runs from controversy . Mostly I would imagine because when you do express your real opinion you expose the caliber of person you are.
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

"Silence says so much ... "

Neo, I'm a stupid (read "foolish") motherfucker for saying this but:

You are one stupid... DUMB motherfucker. Intellect-wise.

No nothing you say in response will valid no matter how ironic or supposedly one-upping or rising-above or taking a stab back or any shit that can come out of your dumb, ignorant, inferior brain. Yes I'm condescending and arrogant as fuck (and not particularly nice) right now but I don't care. I make up for it most of the time.
(August 22, 2017 at 7:42 pm)Hammy Wrote: Neo, I'm a stupid (read "foolish") motherfucker for saying this but:

You are one stupid... DUMB  motherfucker. Intellect-wise.

No nothing you say in response will valid no matter how ironic or supposedly one-upping or rising-above or taking a stab back or any shit that can come out of your dumb, ignorant, inferior brain. Yes I'm condescending and arrogant as fuck (and not particularly nice) right now but I don't care. I make up for it most of the time.

Yup a Dumb ,Arrogant ,Thin skinned , Whiny , Douchebag  who could reason his way out of a clear plastic bag if there was a hole in it with big red words pointing to said hole saying "out hear dumbass"  And I also don't give a shit if he cries boo hoo name calling . Correct position need not be polite positions .

Inuit Proverb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  America's newest chess master Foxaèr 9 559 May 20, 2021 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  [Serious] Josh Hawley is the most dangerous man in America WinterHold 15 738 January 9, 2021 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The REAL Threat To America BrianSoddingBoru4 11 957 December 15, 2020 at 1:21 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  America’s Chief Export BrianSoddingBoru4 107 5486 April 21, 2020 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Coronavirus Is the Worst Intelligence Failure in U.S. History WinterHold 0 300 March 26, 2020 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  A Saudi hit and run criminal breaks his electric ankle bracelet and flees America WinterHold 22 2775 April 15, 2019 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  [Serious] America can you pls stop meddling in countries you have no busienss in. Cepheus Ace 44 2606 March 26, 2019 at 11:51 am
  This day in active shooter history..... Brian37 46 3822 February 24, 2019 at 2:18 pm
  Another day another mass shooting in America downbeatplumb 35 4676 August 29, 2018 at 4:29 pm
  America is introducing 3D-printed guns now Alexmahone 29 2757 August 1, 2018 at 8:06 pm
Last Post: TaraJo