Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does science always upstage God?
RE: Why does science always upstage God?
(December 24, 2017 at 3:27 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Anal sphincter

Going deep again?

1. why does it rain?
religion: Uh god
science: well you see warm air turns water from rivers and oceans and other areas with water into vapor and it goes up into the atmosphere where it gets colder turning into clouds.
When the cloud becomes to heavy it releases the water back down in the form of rain.

2. where did humans come from?
religion: duh god did we didn't come from no damn monkeys
science: well humans are a product of evolution for many many many years we didn't come from monkeys we came from great apes.

3. where did everything come from?
religion: simple god made everything
science: well the big bang go google it.

and people still fucking believe the earth is flat... there is a reason as to why religion gets upstaged by science.
because science gives you more of an accurate answer as to god did it. science unlike religion(which if it does it's not taken very well by people)
is always giving you an answer and a testable hypothesis or at the very least hard empirical data to work off of.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
The problem is I can tell Huggy that advanced aliens created us, and he'll rightly catch me out and ask who created them?
So he'll catch my infinite regress logical error, but when I ask who made God, he'll special plead that one away.

So not only do theists cherry pick their holy scriptures, but they also cherry pick their fallacies too!
My goodness, is there anything they won't cherry pick! Big Grin

Huggy, listen to the wise CL and don't be a sphincter! Lol.
Anyway, it's Christmas day here. Everyone please have a great day....catch all.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
the concept of an all powerful and all knowing being is well... or and Omni powerful being is an how can i say this a paradox he couldn't be all anything it's either or. All knowing just goes out the window same for being all powerful and any other separate abilities. Now if an alien race that was highly advanced where to create us there would be some evidence somewhere for that to happen. It can be minor but the problem is there is no evidence of anyone creating us at all.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(December 24, 2017 at 5:35 pm)ignoramus Wrote: The problem is I can tell Huggy that advanced aliens created us, and he'll rightly catch me out and ask who created them?
So he'll catch my infinite regress logical error, but when I ask who made God, he'll special plead that one away.

So not only do theists cherry pick their holy scriptures, but they also cherry pick their fallacies too!
My goodness, is there anything they won't cherry pick! Big Grin

Huggy, listen to the wise CL and don't be a sphincter! Lol.
Anyway, it's Christmas day here. Everyone please have a great day....catch all.

So you're just going to pretend to ask me questions and answer them for me?

You realize you just accused me of cherry picking based on a completely fabricated scenario... Wacky

Are you that scared of a debate?

Here's a novel idea, how about you ask me a question and i'll provide the answer (something you are clearly unable to do) in my own words.
[Image: b9474c03ed2bbd7211b1d0786d8198fc.jpg]
Louis, stick to what your good at ... science

If we want your personal opinion on your skydaddy, we'll ask you for it...m'kay. It doesn't add an ounce of credibility just because it's coming from you.

That's it! I'm having non pasteurised milk with my froot loops from now on!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(December 26, 2017 at 7:04 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: [Image: b9474c03ed2bbd7211b1d0786d8198fc.jpg]

But the god which more science brings you back to isn't the god you started off with.  The new improved one is either allegorical or psychological.  Science never leads you to the supernatural.
(December 23, 2017 at 6:28 pm)Mr.wizard Wrote: Why should an Atheist have to explain Abiogenesis, they don't have anything to do with each other?  Just because an atheist doesn't believe the claim that a supernatural being created the universe, doesn't mean that he has to justify his position by explaining every scientific theory or position. An Atheist could reject Abiogenesis  and still reject the claim of supernatural beings.

Indeed.  Some biologists are atheists, but not all atheists are biologists.  Some are.  Some, like me, are extremely interested in biology but have no professional training.  

When I say "I do not believe in your god," it is a complete statement in itself and requires no embellishment and no evidentiary support.  When a believer then asks "So where did ________ come from?" that is a separate issue that has nothing to do with the fact that I do not believe in your god.

Believers, if you really want to know the current state of abiogenesis research, I'm sure there are journals out there that will explain matters to you far more thoroughly than we can.  I'm not at all convinced that you want to know, though.  I think you've gotten entirely too comfortable in your cushy beliefs, and can't be arsed to challenge them.  You'd rather play "Gotcha!" games with us because, for whatever reason, our disbelief offends you and you want to aggravate us in turn.

From this point forward, the only science you're getting from me will be links to appropriate peer-reviewed journal articles.  You can do your own fucking research.
(December 27, 2017 at 12:59 am)Astreja Wrote:
(December 23, 2017 at 6:28 pm)Mr.wizard Wrote: Why should an Atheist have to explain Abiogenesis, they don't have anything to do with each other?  Just because an atheist doesn't believe the claim that a supernatural being created the universe, doesn't mean that he has to justify his position by explaining every scientific theory or position. An Atheist could reject Abiogenesis  and still reject the claim of supernatural beings.

Indeed.  Some biologists are atheists, but not all atheists are biologists.  Some are.  Some, like me, are extremely interested in biology but have no professional training.  

When I say "I do not believe in your god," it is a complete statement in itself and requires no embellishment and no evidentiary support.  When a believer then asks "So where did ________ come from?" that is a separate issue that has nothing to do with the fact that I do not believe in your god.

Believers, if you really want to know the current state of abiogenesis research, I'm sure there are journals out there that will explain matters to you far more thoroughly than we can.  I'm not at all convinced that you want to know, though.  I think you've gotten entirely too comfortable in your cushy beliefs, and can't be arsed to challenge them.  You'd rather play "Gotcha!" games with us because, for whatever reason, our disbelief offends you and you want to aggravate us in turn.

From this point forward, the only science you're getting from me will be links to appropriate peer-reviewed journal articles.  You can do your own fucking research.
*emphasis mine*
NEWS FLASH: ABIOGENESIS IS A BELIEF ALSO! Apparently we can't be "arsed" to challenge any of YOUR beliefs ...
Also since when has an 'explanation' become evidence?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does anyone convert to Islam? FrustratedFool 28 2231 September 6, 2023 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Does Ezekiel 23:20 prove that God is an Incel Woah0 26 2716 September 17, 2022 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  Proof and evidence will always equal Science zwanzig 103 6670 December 17, 2021 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Why does God care about S E X? zwanzig 83 4966 November 15, 2021 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Why are angels always males? Fake Messiah 63 5674 October 9, 2021 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 11155 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  Does afterlife need God? Fake Messiah 7 1379 February 4, 2020 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Why does God get the credit? Cod 91 7334 July 29, 2019 at 6:14 am
Last Post: comet
  Why does there need to be a God? Brian37 41 7016 July 20, 2019 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  God doesn't love you-or does He? yragnitup 24 4836 January 24, 2019 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler