Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 8:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
(May 14, 2018 at 5:22 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(May 14, 2018 at 5:16 pm)Mathilda Wrote: Why must it?

Intelligence is only meaningful in any way at all in the context of achieving goals within a reality.   Where did the reality in which this super intelligence operates come from?

Good question.  The infinite realm where the Creator has His thrown.  The 3rd heaven.
(May 14, 2018 at 5:26 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 14, 2018 at 5:22 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: Intelligence is only meaningful in any way at all in the context of achieving goals within a reality.   Where did the reality in which this super intelligence operates come from?

Good question.  The infinite realm where the Creator has His thrown.  The 3rd heaven.

Thrown what? A curve ball at idiotic creationist bullshit? Blah blah blah is not an answer.
CDF47 Wrote:Why don't you continue to ridicule retarded people like you do in this thread a hundred times?  Disgusting.

Psst! They don't like to be called 'retarded people'.

CDF47 Wrote:Quit using the word retard and retarded ideas, and creatard.  There are mentally ill people in this forum and it is degrading to all of them.

They can actually speak for themselves, you know.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(May 14, 2018 at 5:26 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote:
CDF47 Wrote:It is no conspiracy.  Scientists that follow ID are targeted as shown in the film.

For every one of them, the real reasons they were in trouble were concealed. You have to do the job you were hired to do.  Tenure is not a guaranteed benefit. You'd be better off throwing darts at a chart of reasons to fire someone than to trust what Expelled has to say.

No, their problems began when they introduced ID into the environment.
CDF47 Wrote:
Nay_Sayer Wrote:I agree, Comparing someone with a mental illness to a Christian creationist is insulting to the mentally challenge individual.

RAmen

Too bad you are degrading 75 percent of America which identify as Christian including many scientists, engineers, and mathematicians.

The 75% of America that are Christians? They're not 100% creationists. Especially the scientists.
(May 14, 2018 at 5:19 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 14, 2018 at 5:16 pm)Mathilda Wrote: Why must it?

Because it is highly sophisticated complex and specific functional information which sequences amino acids use to develop molecular machines.  It's designed.

But how do you know that complexity can only come about by being designed?

How do you recognise that something has not been designed?
(May 14, 2018 at 5:27 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote:
CDF47 Wrote:Why don't you continue to ridicule retarded people like you do in this thread a hundred times?  Disgusting.

Psst! They don't like to be called 'retarded people'.

CDF47 Wrote:Quit using the word retard and retarded ideas, and creatard.  There are mentally ill people in this forum and it is degrading to all of them.

They can actually speak for themselves, you know.

Well they haven't and it is really annoying seeing them put down this way, over and over again.
CDF47 Wrote:Did you ever consider that it is your 3 percent of Americans that are foolish?

Could be, but an ad populum argument is more likely to make me think I'm right, if I'm honest. People resort to fallacies when they don't have any sound arguments.
(May 14, 2018 at 5:30 pm)Mathilda Wrote:
(May 14, 2018 at 5:19 pm)CDF47 Wrote: Because it is highly sophisticated complex and specific functional information which sequences amino acids use to develop molecular machines.  It's designed.

But how do you know that complexity can only come about by being designed?

How do you recognise that something had not been designed?

I said specified complexity.  It is both extremely specific and complex.  It is functional as it's sequence determines the sequence of amino acids which build chains into molecular machines.  There was a Designer that created this.
(May 14, 2018 at 5:33 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 14, 2018 at 5:30 pm)Mathilda Wrote: But how do you know that complexity can only come about by being designed?

How do you recognise that something had not been designed?

I said specified complexity.  It is both extremely specific and complex.  It is functional as it's sequence determines the sequence of amino acids which build chains into molecular machines.  There was a Designer that created this.

How can you tell whether complexity is specified or not?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1342 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7504 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7461 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3885 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2200 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1471 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5050 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey