Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 4:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
(June 5, 2018 at 9:20 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(June 5, 2018 at 10:31 am)Khemikal Wrote: Meh, if you say so, but if you;re going to break the rule you just made up then the universe can break it too.

No, the universe has no mind.  It was a mind that created the universe.

Where did that mind come from?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(June 5, 2018 at 4:39 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote:
(June 5, 2018 at 10:30 am)CDF47 Wrote: Wrong, He is the primordial One.  The Super-Intelligence that always was and always will be.

Oh, I get it: everything complex has to be designed, except for this one exception you want to make...which necessarily means that it is NOT necessary for everything complex to be designed. And there goes your argument from design, thanks to the fallacy of special pleading.

Also: Mere assertion, barely worth the effort to dismiss it out of hand.

(June 5, 2018 at 10:25 am)CDF47 Wrote: Hawking calculated infinite curvature at the start of the Big Bang.  Infinite curvature means no time, no matter.  Everything literally came from nothing.  It's amazing.

I've already explained this to you before (because, like most of your contributions, you keep bringing up the same things over and over), I'm sorry you weren't able to absorb it, but I'll try again: you can't assume Hawking was right, only that his math works. There are alternate scenarios that also have math that works. We DO NOT KNOW the state of the universe prior to the moment before the Big Bang. That means you don't know, either.

I am going by the most widely excepted science regarding the Big Bang.

(June 5, 2018 at 9:25 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(June 5, 2018 at 9:20 pm)CDF47 Wrote: No, the universe has no mind.  It was a mind that created the universe.

Where did that mind come from?

It is the primordial One.  Always existed.
The LORD Exists: http://www.godandscience.org/
Intelligent Design (Short Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
Intelligent Design (Longer Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
Quote:I am going by the most widely excepted science regarding the Big Bang.
No your not your spewing an edited apologist friendly distortion of the big bang

Quote:It is the primordial One.  Always existed.
Special pleading 

Taxi Cab fallacy
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(June 5, 2018 at 9:26 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(June 5, 2018 at 4:39 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: Oh, I get it: everything complex has to be designed, except for this one exception you want to make...which necessarily means that it is NOT necessary for everything complex to be designed. And there goes your argument from design, thanks to the fallacy of special pleading.

Also: Mere assertion, barely worth the effort to dismiss it out of hand.

I've already explained this to you before (because, like most of your contributions, you keep bringing up the same things over and over), I'm sorry you weren't able to absorb it, but I'll try again: you can't assume Hawking was right, only that his math works. There are alternate scenarios that also have math that works. We DO NOT KNOW the state of the universe prior to the moment before the Big Bang. That means you don't know, either.

I am going by the most widely excepted science regarding the Big Bang.

(June 5, 2018 at 9:25 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: Where did that mind come from?

A complex, intelligent mind that has always existed?  How?  Where is the math on that?  What is the mechanism?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

(June 5, 2018 at 9:43 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(June 5, 2018 at 9:26 pm)CDF47 Wrote: I am going by the most widely excepted science regarding the Big Bang.

A complex, intelligent mind that has always existed?  How?  Where is the math on that?  What is the mechanism?

He is outside the math of this universe.  He created it.
Quote:He is outside the math of this universe.  He created it.
Again special pleading
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(June 5, 2018 at 9:48 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(June 5, 2018 at 9:43 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: A complex, intelligent mind that has always existed?  How?  Where is the math on that?  What is the mechanism?

How do you know that?  Where is he?  How can something exist outside time and space?  If you are asserting that a thing can exist outside of the time space continuum, then it must have some mechanism for its existence.  What is it?

(June 5, 2018 at 9:53 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(June 5, 2018 at 9:48 pm)CDF47 Wrote: He is outside the math of this universe.  He created it.

How do you know that?  Where is he?  How can something exist outside time and space?  If you are asserting that a thing can exist outside of the time space continuum, then it must have some mechanism for its existence.  What is it?

He just always was and He is and He always will be.  He transcends this universe/space time.
(June 5, 2018 at 9:56 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(June 5, 2018 at 9:53 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: How do you know that?  Where is he?  How can something exist outside time and space?  If you are asserting that a thing can exist outside of the time space continuum, then it must have some mechanism for its existence.  What is it?

He just always was and He is and He always will be.  He transcends this universe/space time.

That’s not an answer.  I want to know how he does this.  If he exists; if he’s real, then he must interact with reality on some level.  How?  I want the mechanics of his state of existence, and the evidence to back up your explanation.  You don’t get to demand explanations from us about DNA up and down 400 pages without even trying to explain your own bald assertion.  

Spoiler alert: any answer that starts with, “the Bible says” doesn’t cut it.

(June 5, 2018 at 9:48 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(June 5, 2018 at 9:43 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: A complex, intelligent mind that has always existed?  How?  Where is the math on that?  What is the mechanism?

If he existed and the universe did not, then that moment and that of creation are two moments, and he exists in time (Craig, 2002). If he existed in time, and is a necessary being -- has always existed -- then he couldn't have created the universe, as that would have required the traversal of an actual infinite, which is impossible (Craig, 2007). If he existed and created simultaneously, then he also exists in time, as simultaneity is a temporal relation. In that case he did not create the universe because a cause must precede its effect. So, your God did not create the universe in either case. As this exhausts the potential cases, your God did not create the universe. Since God is by definition the creator of the universe, your God does not exist.

QED.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1352 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7505 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7462 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3887 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2201 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1472 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5054 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey