Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 8:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
(November 13, 2018 at 9:29 pm)Grandizer Wrote:
(November 13, 2018 at 9:22 pm)Everena Wrote: Everena: WRONG AGAIN. The article was about both superposition AND quantum entanglement. Read it or drop it.

For the record, I read that article. It doesn't support what you were arguing: that it has been observed that the same bacterium can be in two places at the same time.

Then you did not read the entire article and you are a liar. It says it sure looks like it, but they need to keep working on it and repeating it and is just a matter of when, not if.
(November 13, 2018 at 10:42 pm)Everena Wrote:
(November 13, 2018 at 10:06 pm)Tizheruk Wrote: Yup she's trotted out the . "You atheists are meanies" excuse .

I am not a troll and I don't have to use any excuses since I have won every debate on here hands down, by anyone's standards. You refuse to apply simple logic, you constantly claim that science proves things that it doesn't. You have no understanding of what evolution actually is, and you use it such a way that would make the scientific community cringe at your utter ignorance. You couldn't define the goals of science even if you wanted to, because really you have no idea what science even is. To you it is just a tool you use to defend being atheist. And FYI- Science does not even attempt to explain the whys of our existence. Science seeks to discover how an already existing and operating universe works. And they do that in order to make advancements intended to improve our lives and further our understanding. The fact that evolution and the age of the earth didn't match exactly with what Christians thought at that time, does not mean it any way disproves God or the fact that Higher intelligence created this universe.

(November 13, 2018 at 9:11 pm)CDF47 Wrote: It is concerning knowing this hateful attitude is spread throughout the entire Internet.

Don't be concerned, it backfired on them and atheism is again on the decline while even Europe is seeing in upswing in belief again.
1.Yes you are a troll 

2. It's is an excuse 

3. You have soundly lost every debate thus far by anyone's standard

4.Actually the scientfic community would cringe at your ignorance

5.I claim things science has shown and answered and i know more about science then you ever will . Evolution in particular you instead engage in fallacies and assertions 

6. I already answered your why question argument and it's worthless .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(November 13, 2018 at 10:51 pm)Everena Wrote:
(November 13, 2018 at 9:29 pm)Grandizer Wrote: For the record, I read that article. It doesn't support what you were arguing: that it has been observed that the same bacterium can be in two places at the same time.

Then you did not read the entire article and you are a liar. It says it sure looks like it, but they need to keep working repeating it and is just a matter of when, not if.

Ok, since I'm a liar and you're convinced I did not read the entire article, could you quote the part where it says it's been observed (or suggested) that the same bacterium can be in two places at the same time?
(November 13, 2018 at 10:42 pm)Everena Wrote:
(November 13, 2018 at 10:06 pm)Tizheruk Wrote: Yup she's trotted out the . "You atheists are meanies" excuse .

I am not a troll and I don't have to use any excuses since I have won every debate on here hands down, by anyone's standards. You refuse to apply simple logic, you constantly claim that science proves things that it doesn't. You have no understanding of what evolution actually is, and you use it such a way that would make the scientific community cringe at your utter ignorance. You couldn't define the goals of science even if you wanted to, because really you have no idea what science even is. To you it is just a tool you use to defend being atheist. And FYI- Science does not even attempt to explain the whys of our existence. Science seeks to discover how an already existing and operating universe works. And they do that in order to make advancements intended to improve our lives and further our understanding. The fact that evolution and the age of the earth didn't match exactly with what Christians thought at that time, does not mean it any way disproves God or the fact that Higher intelligence created this universe.

(November 13, 2018 at 9:11 pm)CDF47 Wrote: It is concerning knowing this hateful attitude is spread throughout the entire Internet.

Don't be concerned, it backfired on them and atheism is again on the decline while even Europe is seeing an upswing in belief again.

That is good to know.
The LORD Exists: http://www.godandscience.org/
Intelligent Design (Short Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
Intelligent Design (Longer Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
(November 13, 2018 at 9:50 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: Trolls are still going strong, huh?

Yeah.  This new one, Princess Everena (a term of endearment), is occasionally creative, but overcompensates incessantly and is contaminated with just about every intellectual, emotional and psychological dysfunction a Religion of One God Virus can instill.

Her entertainment value is dropping quickly, as she has pretty much run out of material and is beginning to repeat herself.  And no one here (except troll CDF47 and a bit from Mystic) buys into her nonsense one bit, which frustrates her to no end and (not surprisingly) generates more hate, anger and irrationality from her.  IOW, boring.

The interplay between Princess Everena and little mouse CDF47 is a bust.  I had higher expectations, but they haven't (as of yet) coordinated their scripts.  Mystic is doing quite well in this thread.
"The other caveat: the energies of the bacteria and the photon were measured collectively, not independently. This, according to Simon Gröblacher of Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands who was not part of this research, is somewhat of a limitation. “There seems to be something quantum going on,” he says. “But…usually if we demonstrate entanglement, you have to measure the two systems independently” to confirm any quantum correlation between them is genuine.

Despite these uncertainties, for many experts, quantum biology’s transition from theoretical dream to tangible reality is a question of when, not if. In isolation and collectively, molecules outside of biological systems have already exhibited quantum effects in decades’ worth of laboratory experiments, so seeking out these effects for similar molecules inside a bacterium or even our own bodies would seem sensible enough"

This IN NO WAY says what the idiot is claiming it says. It says MOLECULES, not entire bacteria.
Jesus H. Christ she is stupid. It was SPECIFICALLY talking about entanglement there, NOT superposition.
Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

Militant Atheist Commie Evolutionist 
(November 13, 2018 at 11:23 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote: "The other caveat: the energies of the bacteria and the photon were measured collectively, not independently. This, according to Simon Gröblacher of Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands who was not part of this research, is somewhat of a limitation. “There seems to be something quantum going on,” he says. “But…usually if we demonstrate entanglement, you have to measure the two systems independently” to confirm any quantum correlation between them is genuine.

Despite these uncertainties, for many experts, quantum biology’s transition from theoretical dream to tangible reality is a question of when, not if. In isolation and collectively, molecules outside of biological systems have already exhibited quantum effects in decades’ worth of laboratory experiments, so seeking out these effects for similar molecules inside a bacterium or even our own bodies would seem sensible enough"

This IN NO WAY says what the idiot is claiming it says. It says MOLECULES, not entire bacteria.
Jesus H. Christ she is stupid.

Plus, she seems to be confused about what entanglement is.
(November 13, 2018 at 10:42 pm)Everena Wrote: I am not a troll......

That's what all the trolls say.
AND the article goes on to say, how, in larger macro systems, quantum effects would be averaged out to insignificance. 

"humans and other large multicellular organisms, however, such molecular quantum effects should be averaged out to insignificance—but their meaningful manifestation within far smaller bacteria would not be too shocking. “I’m a little torn about how surprising [this finding] is,” Gröblacher says. “But it’s obviously exciting if you can show this in a real biological system.”
Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

Militant Atheist Commie Evolutionist 
(November 13, 2018 at 4:17 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Thanks for you kind words, don't know if I really deserve them!  Part of my illness is that I can't see how "madness" in behaviour in me, as I spent a great time of my life in denial of the illness, and it takes me a while to see it or parts of it in me. But when I do see it, I like to get rid of those traits.
I admit, some of my recent behaviour is more related to my illness then it is to my actual personality.
Still I apologize as I still should have had more discipline and perception.

Apology gladly accepted, MK. Just take things day by day and do the best you can. I know all too well how quickly emotions and behaviours can escalate -- with me it's paroxysms of anger when there's something upsetting on the news. (It's getting better, but it's a slow process.)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1342 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7504 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7461 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3885 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2200 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1471 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5050 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey