Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 11:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
(November 23, 2018 at 11:30 am)Everena Wrote: I call it hell, because there is so much pain and suffering going on. I refuse to believe that I live in an unfair or unjust universe. That makes no sense at all. And there is a reason for everything that happens. You just want to believe that you are a robot that evolved from an ape and that this whole entire universe magically appeared one day from an inanimate object and no intelligence for no reason and with no purpose. The vast majority of the world will never think that makes any sense at all. It is hard to believe that none of you understand why that is.

(November 23, 2018 at 11:48 am)Gwaithmir Wrote: And there it is in a nutshell. You think dogmatically, you cannot be reasoned with and cannot face reality. You'll never learn because you do not WANT to learn.

You have no idea what reality even is. You are just guessing too. And practically no one in the entire world even agrees with you. Who do you think you are kidding? Only yourself.
(November 23, 2018 at 11:30 am)Everena Wrote: I call it hell, because there is so much pain and suffering going on.
There is less now than there has ever been in the entirety of human existence.

(November 23, 2018 at 11:30 am)Everena Wrote: I refuse to believe that I live in an unfair or unjust universe.
The universe doesn't care.

(November 23, 2018 at 11:30 am)Everena Wrote: That makes no sense at all.
In what way? You simply just don't like it? What sort of messed up logic is that?

(November 23, 2018 at 11:30 am)Everena Wrote: And there is a reason for everything that happens.
Prove it.

(November 23, 2018 at 11:30 am)Everena Wrote: You just want to believe that you are a robot that evolved from an ape and that this whole entire universe magically appeared one day from an inanimate object and no intelligence for no reason and with no purpose.
False, false, false and false. Here you are once again asserting that you know best what everyone else believes. You are nothing more than a broken new ager.

(November 23, 2018 at 11:30 am)Everena Wrote: The vast majority of the world will never think that makes any sense at all. It is hard to believe that none of you understand why that is.
You inventing imaginary balls of energy larger than the earth which cannot be detected makes sense to you?
Everena, you and other believers have admirable enthusiasm and dedication to attain impossible things. Although, people who gave up on such things, have their own good reasons as well.

You just have to agree to disagree.
(November 23, 2018 at 12:03 pm)Everena Wrote:
(November 23, 2018 at 11:30 am)Everena Wrote: I call it hell, because there is so much pain and suffering going on. I refuse to believe that I live in an unfair or unjust universe. That makes no sense at all. And there is a reason for everything that happens. You just want to believe that you are a robot that evolved from an ape and that this whole entire universe magically appeared one day from an inanimate object and no intelligence for no reason and with no purpose. The vast majority of the world will never think that makes any sense at all. It is hard to believe that none of you understand why that is.

(November 23, 2018 at 11:48 am)Gwaithmir Wrote: And there it is in a nutshell. You think dogmatically, you cannot be reasoned with and cannot face reality. You'll never learn because you do not WANT to learn.

You have no idea what reality even is. You are just guessing too. And practically no one in the entire world even agrees with you. Who do you think you are kidding? Only yourself.

On the contrary. Everything I said about you can be observed in your posts. Anyone who is guided by reason, science and intellectual honesty agrees with me.
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
(November 23, 2018 at 12:10 pm)Gwaithmir Wrote:
(November 23, 2018 at 12:03 pm)Everena Wrote: You have no idea what reality even is. You are just guessing too. And practically no one in the entire world even agrees with you. Who do you think you are kidding? Only yourself.

On the contrary. Everything I said about you can be observed in your posts. Anyone who is guided by reason, science and intellectual honesty agrees with me.

False. Only 7% of the world does not believe in God or a Higher Power. Most of them are Buddhists who believe in karma and reincarnation but not God, or agnostics. There are very few convinced atheists even in the world.  

See for yourself. 73 cited scholarly sources https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism

And of the scientists who do not believe (less than half) they are agnostic and have gone out of their way to publicly distance themselves from atheists. Even Dawkins and Tyson have done so. 
https://bigthink.com/think-tank/neil-deg...r-agnostic

You live in a ficticious version of reality where you just like to pretend there are people who agree with your totally illogical, nonsensical worldview.
(November 23, 2018 at 12:16 pm)Everena Wrote:
(November 23, 2018 at 12:10 pm)Gwaithmir Wrote: On the contrary. Everything I said about you can be observed in your posts. Anyone who is guided by reason, science and intellectual honesty agrees with me.

False. Only 7% of the world does not believe in God or a Higher Power. Most of them are Buddhists who believe in karma and reincarnation but not God, or agnostics. There are very few convinced atheists even in the world.  

See for yourself. 73 cited scholarly sources https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism

And of the scientists who do not believe (less than half) they are agnostic and have gone out of their way to publicly distance themselves from atheists. Even Dawkins and Tyson have done so. 
https://bigthink.com/think-tank/neil-deg...r-agnostic

You live in a ficticious version of reality where you just like to pretend there are people who agree with your totally illogical, nonsensical worldview.

Have you looked up argumentum ad populum yet?  How about band wagon appeal?

No?

Of course not.   Woo princess is too chicken to even peek at explanations of how she might be wrong.  Which explains why she is the smoldering cognitive and emotional wreck of an ignorant would be bully she is today.
Quote:That is just a guess. Another guess would be that our brain is receiving our consciousness like a radio receives a signal that is being broadcast over a long distance.

Your guesses are pathetic nonsense. "That is just a guess" is not worth a second of attention, and not how reality works. You didn't answer the question.
BTW, to quote Everena IN THIS THREAD, with respect to the nonsense of 97 %, "You have no idea what they individually believe" .... LMAO.
Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

Militant Atheist Commie Evolutionist 
Yeah so sad.

Can anyone figure what is that repeated beep?
(November 23, 2018 at 12:34 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote:
Quote:That is just a guess. Another guess would be that our brain is receiving our consciousness like a radio receives a signal that is being broadcast over a long distance.

Your guesses are pathetic nonsense. "That is just a guess" is not worth a second of attention, and not how reality works. You didn't answer the question.
BTW, to quote Everena IN THIS THREAD, with respect to the nonsense of 97 %, "You have no idea what they individually believe" .... LMAO.

And what about the paramecium that does not even have a brain, but is indeed consciuos? What is your theory of how it is conscious, since the consciousness is obviously not coming from a non-existent brain?
Quote:the current guess from science is

Science does not "guess".
You provided no reference from a mine-line neuroscientist for this woo crap you support.
(You claim to have an education .... LOL)

Paramecium do not "appear" to be conscious. They have REFLEXES, built in by evolution. A "reflex" is not a conscious choice.
There is NOT ONE instance EVER, where paramecia appear to make a choice COUNTER to what one would expect from its reflexes.

You STILL have not explained IN YOUR OWN WORDS what the Penrose experiment proves and supports.
Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

Militant Atheist Commie Evolutionist 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1342 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7504 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7461 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3885 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2200 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1471 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5050 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey