Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 1:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
(November 23, 2018 at 12:09 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: Everena, you and other believers have admirable enthusiasm and dedication to attain impossible things. Although, people who gave up on such things, have their own good reasons as well.

You just have to agree to disagree.

I'm sure you did all have good reasons. I'm just trying to help you see things in a different way, so that you no longer hate the idea of God and eternal life. I fully understand that my attempt may be futile, but it is worth a shot if it helps even one person consider something they had not considered before. True love with your soulmate/other half should get you some of the way there....

(November 23, 2018 at 12:44 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote:
Quote:the current guess from science is

Science does not "guess".
You provided no reference from a mine-line neuroscientist for this woo crap you support.
(You claim to have an education .... LOL)

Paramecium do not "appear" to be conscious. They have REFLEXES, built in by evolution. A "reflex" is not a conscious choice.
There is NOT ONE instance EVER, where paramecia appear to make a choice COUNTER to what one would expect from its reflexes.

You STILL have not explained IN YOUR OWN WORDS what the Penrose experiment proves and supports.
REFLEXES? Seriously? Are you just making this shit up as you go? And yes science sure has guessed at an enormous amount of things or they never would have gotten anywhere. A hypothesis is merely an educated guess. And how are you claiming these so called "reflexes" came to be in the first place?
You really are even more stupid and uneducated than anyone imagined. 

So .... STILL no explanation IN YOUR OWN WORDS. 

Yes, sweetie. Reflexes. 
"Naive paramecia subjected to shock reliably exhibited a backwards jerk and axial spinning similar to the avoiding reaction described by Jennings in 1904."
http://www.codebiology.org/pdf/Hennessey...(1979).pdf

Where did they come from ? (LOL) Instinctual reflexes ? 
Evolution dear. Evolution. I realize you know nothing about it, but it's called evolution.
Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

Militant Atheist Commie Evolutionist 
We don’t hate god or afterlife. We see zero validity in either concept.  We see your different way as junk because of its reliance on these invalid concepts, and on pulling things out of your ass.

We would rather spend our limited time on building something solid that put those who will come after we are gone at a better starting point, than to deny reality and waste what we have as if we have infinite time to squander on vapors and fantasies.

(November 23, 2018 at 12:47 pm)Everena Wrote:
(November 23, 2018 at 12:09 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: Everena, you and other believers have admirable enthusiasm and dedication to attain impossible things. Although, people who gave up on such things, have their own good reasons as well.

I'm sure you did all have good reasons. I'm just trying to help you see things in a different way, so that you no longer hate the idea of God and eternal life. I fully understand that my attempt may be futile, but it is worth a shot if it helps even one person consider something they had not considered before. True love with your soulmate/other half should get you some of the way there....

(November 23, 2018 at 12:44 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote: Science does not "guess".
You provided no reference from a mine-line neuroscientist for this woo crap you support.

Paramecium do not "appear" to be conscious. They have REFLEXES, built in by evolution. A "reflex" is not a conscious choice.
There is NOT ONE instance EVER, where paramecia appear to make a choice COUNTER to what one would expect from its reflexes.

You STILL have not explained IN YOUR OWN WORDS what the Penrose experiment proves and supports.
REFLEXES? Seriously? Are you just making this shit up as you go? And yes science sure has guessed at an enormous amount of things or they never would have gotten anywhere. A hypothesis is merely an educated guess. And how are you claiming these so called "reflexes" came to be in the first place?

No. Seriously.

Also, a word of advice, This is the 21st century.  You need to know what a hypothesis is to be taken seriously amongst the 7%.   You can get away with not knowing what it is and claiming it is what you feel like it is amongst the 93%, but you can get away with any shit amongst the 93%.  That’s why “93% agrees with me” is an indictment, not an affirmation.
(November 23, 2018 at 12:47 pm)Everena Wrote:

(November 23, 2018 at 12:44 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote: Science does not "guess".

And do you consider eating, avoiding enemies, learning, and finding a mate all reflexes and not conscious behavior? If so, defend it by explaning why.

Conjugation among paramecia is akin to mating. Forney said that there are two mating types for paramecia, which are referred to as odd and even. This reflects the fact that the mating types for various Paramecium species are denoted by either an odd or even number. For example, according to Forney, Paramecium tetraurelia have mating types 7 and 8. "Odd will mate with the even mating type but you cannot mate if you are the same mating type," he said. 
Did you "consciously learn" to pull your hand away from a hot flame ? LOL
Instinctual reflexes.
I see all this is a new thing to you, dumbass.

OMG
The stupid is huge in this one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instinct
Next week, when you get done reading this, and start to grasp the basics, maybe a 4th Grade science class could help you.
Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

Militant Atheist Commie Evolutionist 
(November 23, 2018 at 12:57 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote: You really are even more stupid and uneducated than anyone imagined. 

Yes, sweetie. Reflexes. 
"Naive paramecia subjected to shock reliably exhibited a backwards jerk and axial spinning similar to the avoiding reaction described by Jennings in 1904."

Evolution dear. Evolution. I realize you know nothing about it, but it's called evolution.

Nothing in the entire world comes from evolution. Evolution is a process that occured after life began, and it is nothing more than a process. Your misinterpretations of biology are ridiculous.
Quote:We don’t hate god or afterlife.

Believers, though.  That's a different story!
(November 23, 2018 at 1:09 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote: Did you "consciously learn" to pull your hand away from a hot flame ? LOL
Instinctual reflexes.

OMG

Next week, when you get done reading this, and start to grasp the basics, maybe a 4th Grade science class could help you.

Ok, again you have no idea what we are even discussing, or what self awareness is compared to learned behavior.

Consciousness: 
[*]the state of being conscious; awareness of one's own existence, sensations, thoughts, surroundings, etc.
full activity of the mind and senses, as in waking life:
(November 23, 2018 at 1:09 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote: Did you "consciously learn" to pull your hand away from a hot flame ? LOL
Instinctual reflexes.

OMG

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(November 23, 2018 at 1:14 pm)Everena Wrote:
(November 23, 2018 at 12:57 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote: You really are even more stupid and uneducated than anyone imagined. 

Yes, sweetie. Reflexes. 

Nothing in the entire world comes from evolution. Evolution is a process that occured after life began, and it is nothing more than a process. Your misinterpretations of biology are ridiculous.

Biology is not what you think it is.   It is rather stunning that one so ignorant of not just modern scientific understanding, but the underlying foundation of modern science, should exhibit dunning Kruger psychopathology to such a high degree that she feels entitled to opinion on “misinterpretations of biology”.

And no, the term evolution maybe taken by convention to mean how traits of life change through successive generations in response to natural selection of genetic variation after life arose.    But the underlying process of natural selection of heritable traits that drove and defined evolution almost certainly preceded the very first of what we would call life, and acted decisively upon a long line of organic chemical processes and products before some of them eventually assembled into the first life.   In fact, the process of natural selection is likely the well understood, non-magic process made seemingly statistical improbable assemblage of first life into a statistically highly probably outcome over time.

(November 23, 2018 at 1:14 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:We don’t hate god or afterlife.

Believers, though.  That's a different story!

I don’t hate them either per se. I only hate those who make nuisance of themselves.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1352 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7505 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7462 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3887 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2201 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1472 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5054 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey