Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 9:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
(November 26, 2018 at 9:35 pm)Amarok Wrote: Unfortunately he gives no options 

All are pawns to noodly one .

What do you mean?

(November 26, 2018 at 9:43 pm)Amarok Wrote:
Quote:Hey Mister Agenda.  No, I did not intend that to be a strawman argument.  I don't play that game.  

Of course I want to learn more.  Steven Hawking determined that the curvature of space went to infinity at the time of the Big Bang.  That means there was no space, time, matter, or energy.  All this literally came from nothing.  Of course I am interested in your source as well.
Nope  Dodgy

Yes, he did.

(November 26, 2018 at 9:45 pm)Amarok Wrote: 1. Nope 

2. No it really hasn't and any it has had it has failed miserably

Yup

No, it hasn't.
The LORD Exists: http://www.godandscience.org/
Intelligent Design (Short Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
Intelligent Design (Longer Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
(November 26, 2018 at 10:05 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(November 26, 2018 at 9:35 pm)Amarok Wrote: Unfortunately he gives no options 

All are pawns to noodly one .

What do you mean?

(November 26, 2018 at 9:43 pm)Amarok Wrote: Nope  Dodgy

Yes, he did.

(November 26, 2018 at 9:45 pm)Amarok Wrote: 1. Nope 

2. No it really hasn't and any it has had it has failed miserably

Yup

No, it hasn't.
Nope 

Nope 

And yes it has in every way
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(November 26, 2018 at 8:39 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote: BTW Snookums Everdumb, there are species that ONLY eat meat, "obligate carnivores" .... I guess according to your Tasty Plant theory, there weren't any when they EVOLVED. LMAO.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnivore
"Animals that depend solely on animal flesh for their nutrient requirements are called obligate carnivores while those that also consume non-animal food are called facultative carnivores."
Oh well .... so much for your nonsense about Tasty Food. If they ONLY eat meat, they couldn't have existed until AFTER there were other animals to eat.
They gave out the Ignobel Awards the other day. You deserve one.

Vegetarians will tell you there is no such thing as an obligate carnivore, and my pets who are supposedly "obligate" carnivores, live just fine with a vegetarian diet. And just because they choose to kill and eat their prey, does not mean they have to.
The cat family, including lions, tigers and small cats, for example, are obligate carnivores. Obligate carnivores are also called hypercarnivores, which are animals whose diet consists of at least 70 percent meat, according to National Geographic.Jan 22, 2016
[quote pid='1859046' dateline='1543284743']
Quote:Vegetarians will tell you there is no such thing as an obligate carnivore, and my pets who are supposedly "obligate" carnivores, live just fine with a vegetarian diet. And just because they choose to kill and eat their prey, does not mean they have to.

You forgot the references. Since you are an expert on nothing, you need references. Thus dismissed. Who cares what vegetarians say. I only care what science says. Carnivores NEED meat or they are not carnivores. 

Quote:The cat family, including lions, tigers and small cats, for example, are obligate carnivores. Obligate carnivores are also called hypercarnivores, which are animals whose diet consists of at least 70 percent meat, according to National Geographic.Jan 22, 2016

And you do get that if they must eat some meat they could not exist until other ANIMALS had evolved, and plants would not work ... alone. So much for the Tasty Plant Theory. LOL.
Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

Militant Atheist Commie Evolutionist 
(November 26, 2018 at 10:11 pm)Amarok Wrote:
(November 26, 2018 at 10:05 pm)CDF47 Wrote: What do you mean?

Yes, he did.

Yup

No, it hasn't.
Nope 

Nope 

Yes, yes, and no....LOL
The LORD Exists: http://www.godandscience.org/
Intelligent Design (Short Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
Intelligent Design (Longer Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
(November 26, 2018 at 9:48 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(November 26, 2018 at 3:55 pm)no one Wrote: Funniest thing about evolution deniers is that they accept science in every other aspect of their lives. The GPS on their phones. Their phones themselves. Their streaming service. The internet. Their heating and cooling system. The medicine they take. Even if the metorologist says there is a 95% chance of rain on Wednesday, most of them will carry an umbrella. But the science of evolution is somehow hogwash, and they have no idea what they are talking about.[Image: Worried.png]

I believe there is micro-evolution, adaptation, mutations,..., but not in macro-evolution.  I do not believe a species can change kinds.

Then how do you account for the fact that we share 97% of our ERV with chimpanzees? ERV are Endogenous RetroViruses, viruses that inserted themselves into your DNA, got stuck there, and eventually were transmitted to the entire species. We share 97% of ours with the chimps, and that's the same virus in the same location with the same mutations and the same LTR "header" and "footer". Similarities of ERV are also seen in other primates and more distantly related organisms, with decreasing similarity observed between more distantly related organisms.

This is precisely what the theory of common descent predicts. How do you account for it?
(November 26, 2018 at 10:34 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(November 26, 2018 at 10:11 pm)Amarok Wrote: Nope 

Nope 

Yes, yes, and no....LOL
No , No and Yes....LOL
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(November 26, 2018 at 8:17 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: No wonder Everena can’t help but misrepresent content of articles she cited to support herself.    She can’t even help but misrepresent the content of a 4 word sentence she herself wrote.

(November 26, 2018 at 8:20 pm)Amarok Wrote: Oh no you have to convince her of that apparently ...... Dodgy
Wow, are you super dumb. I corrected your spelling error. You will live through it somehow.

And as for the lowlife, you have no clue what you're babbling on about as usual and stop stalking me.

I have posted nothing that was pseudoscience. What I posted is proven and corroborated science whether any of you like it or not.
(November 26, 2018 at 8:20 pm)Amarok Wrote: Keep telling yourself that
I don't have to tell myself anything. Produce what you are claiming I posted that was pseudoscience.

Yes and everything he brings to light is true, even according to his own critics. Watch the video Bucky posted.
(November 26, 2018 at 8:20 pm)Amarok Wrote: Umm nope and video does support this claim in the slightest Luskins isn't even in evolutionary biology he's a fucking geologist so argument from authority .
He has a Bachelors degree and a Masters degree in Earth science and his concentrations were in Evolutionary Biology and Paleomagnetism. He also has a doctorate degree in Law.
If you watch the haters video that Bucky posted, it is clear that every single thing Casey Lusky thinks should be taught in schools about evolution is 100% accurate and true. The hater just tried to make it sound like it was not that important. Teaching children the truth was not that important, that is. Watch it!!!
(November 26, 2018 at 10:12 pm)Everena Wrote:
(November 26, 2018 at 8:39 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote: BTW Snookums Everdumb, there are species that ONLY eat meat, "obligate carnivores" .... I guess according to your Tasty Plant theory, there weren't any when they EVOLVED. LMAO.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnivore
"Animals that depend solely on animal flesh for their nutrient requirements are called obligate carnivores while those that also consume non-animal food are called facultative carnivores."
Oh well .... so much for your nonsense about Tasty Food. If they ONLY eat meat, they couldn't have existed until AFTER there were other animals to eat.
They gave out the Ignobel Awards the other day. You deserve one.

Vegetarians will tell you there is no such thing as an obligate carnivore, and my pets who are supposedly "obligate" carnivores, live just fine with a vegetarian diet. And just because they choose to kill and eat their prey, does not mean they have to.

Plants are alive. Herbivores kill them to survive. This is needless death and suffering. That can only be explained by a malevolent deity.
(November 26, 2018 at 10:32 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote: [quote pid='1859046' dateline='1543284743']
Quote:Vegetarians will tell you there is no such thing as an obligate carnivore, and my pets who are supposedly "obligate" carnivores, live just fine with a vegetarian diet. And just because they choose to kill and eat their prey, does not mean they have to.

You forgot the references. Since you are an expert on nothing, you need references. Thus dismissed. Who cares what vegetarians say. I only care what science says. Carnivores NEED meat or they are not carnivores. 

Everena: Science is only guessing at what animals need, and we are not the ones feeding the vast majority of them. PETA says, feed your cat and dog a vegetarian diet  https://www.peta.org/living/animal-compa...cats-dogs/

Quote:The cat family, including lions, tigers and small cats, for example, are obligate carnivores. Obligate carnivores are also called hypercarnivores, which are animals whose diet consists of at least 70 percent meat, according to National Geographic.Jan 22, 2016  

And you do get that if they must eat some meat they could not exist until other ANIMALS had evolved, and plants would not work ... alone. So much for the Tasty Plant Theory. LOL.

The vast majority of the species on earth do not ever need to eat meat and it has been argued that none really need meat. Nothing changes the fact that food even existing on this planet in any way to feed 6.5 million species on land and 2.2 million different species in the sea cannot be written off to luck or chance. You lose this argument hands down.

(November 26, 2018 at 10:40 pm)Paleophyte Wrote:
(November 26, 2018 at 10:12 pm)Everena Wrote: Vegetarians will tell you there is no such thing as an obligate carnivore, and my pets who are supposedly "obligate" carnivores, live just fine with a vegetarian diet. And just because they choose to kill and eat their prey, does not mean they have to.

Plants are alive. Herbivores kill them to survive. This is needless death and suffering. That can only be explained by a malevolent deity.

You are just grasping for straws. Plants are not conscious life, and they do not suffer any pain. They are also very obviously here to feed all the conscious life on this planet. You just love to live in your pretend world. Well  go ahead, but you will still spend your entire life being wrong.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1342 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7504 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7460 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3884 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2200 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1471 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5049 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey