Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 2:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
(May 9, 2019 at 11:53 pm)CDF47 Wrote: I think the Bible is inerrant.  I think a good commentary can explain problem texts, like the Matthew Henry commentary and others.

Really!
Have you read it?

I mean Leviticus WTF is that about?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Quote: It's a great prophecy!
No it isn't
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(May 10, 2019 at 5:59 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 10, 2019 at 5:43 am)Gwaithmir Wrote: References have already been posted here proving you wrong. Groundless assertions and denials on your part do not constitute evidence or rational arguments. You're not very good at this. Get an education, numb nuts.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Biblical_p...prophecies

There are good commentaries explaining this prophecy (Tyre prophecy).  Matthew Henry,....  Many see this as an amazing prophecy.

"With the hoofs of his horses shall he tread down all thy streets: he shall slay thy people by the sword, and thy strong garrisons shall go down to the ground. And they shall make a spoil of thy riches, and make a prey of thy merchandise: and they shall break down thy walls, and destroy thy pleasant houses: and they shall lay thy stones and thy timber and thy dust in the midst of the water. And I will cause the noise of thy songs to cease; and the sound of thy harps shall be no more heard. And I will make thee like the top of a rock: thou shalt be a place to spread nets upon; thou shalt be built no more: for I the LORD have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD." (Ezekiel 26:1-5)

Go ahead and read the entire prophecy. Tyre was supposed to be utterly destroyed, never to be rebuilt again. It never happened. Nebuchadnezzar had to give up after a siege lasting eight years. Tyre has been an inhabited city up to the present day. You're wrong again, numb nuts. How much more thoroughly do you have to have your face rubbed in it before you realize that all you're doing here is making a total ass of yourself? Get an education!
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
(May 10, 2019 at 5:22 pm)Gwaithmir Wrote:

There are good commentaries explaining this prophecy (Tyre prophecy).  Matthew Henry,....  Many see this as an amazing prophecy.

"With the hoofs of his horses shall he tread down all thy streets: he shall slay thy people by the sword, and thy strong garrisons shall go down to the ground. And they shall make a spoil of thy riches, and make a prey of thy merchandise: and they shall break down thy walls, and destroy thy pleasant houses: and they shall lay thy stones and thy timber and thy dust in the midst of the water. And I will cause the noise of thy songs to cease; and the sound of thy harps shall be no more heard. And I will make thee like the top of a rock: thou shalt be a place to spread nets upon; thou shalt be built no more: for I the LORD have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD." (Ezekiel 26:1-5)

Go ahead and read the entire prophecy. Tyre was supposed to be utterly destroyed, never to be rebuilt again. It never happened. Nebuchadnezzar had to give up after a siege lasting eight years. Tyre has been an inhabited city up to the present day. You're wrong again, numb nuts. How much more thoroughly do you have to have your face rubbed in it before you realize that all you're doing here is making a total ass of yourself? Get an education!
His excuse is there are still ruins
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(May 10, 2019 at 5:28 pm)Amarok Wrote:
(May 10, 2019 at 5:22 pm)Gwaithmir Wrote: "With the hoofs of his horses shall he tread down all thy streets: he shall slay thy people by the sword, and thy strong garrisons shall go down to the ground. And they shall make a spoil of thy riches, and make a prey of thy merchandise: and they shall break down thy walls, and destroy thy pleasant houses: and they shall lay thy stones and thy timber and thy dust in the midst of the water. And I will cause the noise of thy songs to cease; and the sound of thy harps shall be no more heard. And I will make thee like the top of a rock: thou shalt be a place to spread nets upon; thou shalt be built no more: for I the LORD have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD." (Ezekiel 26:1-5)

His excuse is there are still ruins

Wacky
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
(May 10, 2019 at 5:30 pm)Gwaithmir Wrote:
(May 10, 2019 at 5:28 pm)Amarok Wrote: His excuse is there are still ruins

Wacky

Yup nutty

Inuit Proverb

(May 10, 2019 at 1:30 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(May 9, 2019 at 11:53 pm)CDF47 Wrote: I think the Bible is inerrant.  I think a good commentary can explain problem texts, like the Matthew Henry commentary and others.

Really!
Have you read it?

Of course CDF has not read the bible himself. Instead, he relies on what some wingnuts TELL him that the bible says.

For example, out of the 613 mitzvot, he thinks that jebus endorsed the ten commandment only and thus those are only the laws which apply under the "new covenant". He believes this because he has been instructed to believe this, not because he actually ever read the bible cover to cover.

Had he actually read the risible tome he would know that jebus only ever endorsed FIVE of the ten commandments and ignored the rest. Had he read the bible he would know which those were. Had he read the bible, he would know that jebus added two more that were not part of the ten but rather plagiarised from surrounding, pre-existing cultures.

Now, because I have read the entire bible, I know which 5 jebus included and which 5 jebus excluded.

Because CDF has not read the bible, but instead relied on others to TELL him what the bible says, he has no clue which.

Thus we know that CDF has not read the bible.
(May 10, 2019 at 6:39 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote:
(May 10, 2019 at 1:30 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Really!
Have you read it?

Of course CDF has not read the bible himself. Instead, he relies on what some wingnuts TELL him that the bible says.

For example, out of the 613 mitzvot, he thinks that jebus endorsed the ten commandment only and thus those are only the laws which apply under the "new covenant". He believes this because he has been instructed to believe this, not because he actually ever read the bible cover to cover.

Had he actually read the risible tome he would know that jebus only ever endorsed FIVE of the ten commandments and ignored the rest. Had he read the bible he would know which those were. Had he read the bible, he would know that jebus added two more that were not part of the ten but rather plagiarised from surrounding, pre-existing cultures.

Now, because I have read the entire bible, I know which 5 jebus included and which 5 jebus excluded.

Because CDF has not read the bible, but instead relied on others to TELL him what the bible says, he has no clue which.

I've read the Bible cover to cover and studied it extensively.

(May 10, 2019 at 5:22 pm)Gwaithmir Wrote:

The Tyre prophecy is not what makes a difference here.
The LORD Exists: http://www.godandscience.org/
Intelligent Design (Short Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
Intelligent Design (Longer Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
(May 10, 2019 at 11:26 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 10, 2019 at 6:39 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote: Of course CDF has not read the bible himself. Instead, he relies on what some wingnuts TELL him that the bible says.

I've read the Bible cover to cover and studied it extensively.
No, you obviously have not. I know this because I actually have done so and you have clearly merely cherry picked, or been handed selected passages by somebody else.

This becomes clear by a careful consideration of which parts you quote and which parts you pretend aren't even in the book at all by means of simply ignoring them.

It is demonstrated by the way in which you rehash centuries old arguments and apologetics as though they were shiny new arguments all your own but the simple fact is that they are not your arguments. They were simply foisted on you by others or you stole them from others. Either way we have seen them before and they are long since discredited.

You are so dishonest that you have even resorted to the infamously bovine tactic of "god-did-it" even to the point of using those exact three words.
(May 10, 2019 at 11:26 pm)CDF47 Wrote: [quote='Abaddon_ire' pid='1908360' dateline='1557527965']

(May 10, 2019 at 11:26 pm)CDF47 Wrote: I've read the Bible cover to cover and studied it extensively.

I doubt you have.

Do you sacrifice birds to let your wife back in the house after she has finished being unpure each month?
Do you eat pig coz you shouldn't?
how do you feel about tattoos?
Or wearing mixed fabrics?

If you don't act as the bible says on this then is the bible really the book for you?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1342 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7504 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7461 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3885 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2200 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1471 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5050 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey