Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 5:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Islam
RE: Islam
(July 13, 2020 at 11:47 pm)Eleven Wrote: Disliking a corrupt belief system is not bigotry. I respect people, Muslims even, but never confuse that with requiring to respect a silly religious belief.

Would you like to talk about Muslim religious beliefs? 

What precisely in Islam is "in infancy" and what precisely prevents Muslims from progressing? 

How have you determined that majority-Muslim countries fail to progress due to religious belief, rather than economic conditions? Of the customs you disapprove of in majority-Muslim countries, which are intrinsic to Islam and which are customs which could be changed within a Muslim system?

If you believe that a person is silly, childish, anti-progressive, and harmful to the world, would you still say you respect that person? It sounds as if you don't respect anyone who holds Muslim beliefs. 

How have you determined that your own liberal Western values are superior to Muslim beliefs? Is this provable? Or is it something you "just know"?
Quote:The fact that anti-Muslim bigotry is widely tolerated among people who think of themselves as progressive shows that liberal countries are in denial. Their imagined progressiveness has a long way to go. 
Well high level nonesense criticizing Islams more regressive concepts is not bigotry  

Quote:The fact that they use Islam as a scapegoat and a focus to distract from their own use of violence shows that they are creative at finding ways to avoid progress.
Nah Muslims do that so they never have to acknowledge that not everything is the west's fault and they have to take some responsibility for their own failings  

Quote:A bigot is someone who looks at a huge and diverse group of people and then defines the whole group by its worst members.
You mean like Muslims who blame all westerners for everything wrong with their country 

[Image: Death-to-America.jpg]

Quote:Those who hold the bigger guns are the ones I should fear the most.
Nope 

Quote:Those who own fighting jets, nuclear weapons, weapon making factories, and World War experience are the threat.
Muslim countries both own and are pursuing more and use and would use all the above . Your hands aren't clean 

Quote:When you play chess you don't fear the pawns; you fear the vicious queen.
A pawn can kill a king 

Quote:Atomic superpowers are the enemy. And they will burn this world sooner or later.
Yup go tell Iran that 

Quote:They will use all kinds of scapegoats to justify their brutality; Muslims are in the same spot communism was in before.
Just like the soviet fell; the Muslim shall fall too.
Yeah no there are dangerous Muslim countries 

Quote:Then?
Einstein said that if there is World War IV people will fight with sticks and stones.
And Muslims will probably blame use when they start killing it each other with those sticks like they have forever .
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(July 14, 2020 at 12:05 am)SUNGULA Wrote:
Quote:Then?
Einstein said that if there is World War IV people will fight with sticks and stones.
And Muslims will probably blame use when they start killing it each other with those sticks like they have forever .

Excuse me? who are you to be my mom? I am a human, bigot. I have my own brain and my own culture; accept that on this planet others live with different belief systems.

Who are you again?
(July 14, 2020 at 12:03 am)Belacqua Wrote:
(July 13, 2020 at 11:47 pm)Eleven Wrote: Disliking a corrupt belief system is not bigotry. I respect people, Muslims even, but never confuse that with requiring to respect a silly religious belief.

Would you like to talk about Muslim religious beliefs? 

What precisely in Islam is "in infancy" and what precisely prevents Muslims from progressing? 

Creationism, beliefs in jinns and other mythical creatures and events.

For instance, in 2006 Ziauddin Sardar, Honorary Visiting Professor in the School of Arts at the City University, London, gave a lecture to the Royal Society where he did start with some of the contributions Muslims gave in the ancient pas but then he concluded:

“scientific” experiments have been devised to discover what is mentioned in the Qur’an but not known to science—for example, the programme to harness the energy of the jinns. . . . This reductive fundamentalism now embraces Creationism and is generating a growing movement for “Intelligent Design” in the Muslim world. . . .
These two trends, the fundamentalist and the mystical, suggest that real science has almost evaporated from Muslim consciousness. In a recent survey, Nature noted, today’s Muslim states “barely register on indices of research spending, patents and publications.” And it concludes the situation is not just bad; it is set to get worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7DdkI72GfI
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(July 14, 2020 at 12:14 am)WinterHold Wrote:
(July 14, 2020 at 12:05 am)SUNGULA Wrote: And Muslims will probably blame use when they start killing it each other with those sticks like they have forever .

Excuse me? who are you to be my mom? I am a human, bigot. I have my own brain and my own culture; accept that on this planet others live with different belief systems.

Who are you again?
What the fuck are you talking about ?

Quote:Would you like to talk about Muslim religious beliefs? 

This assumes you know anything relevant 

Quote:What precisely in Islam is "in infancy" and what precisely prevents Muslims from progressing? 
Killing homosexuals 
Oppressing women
Marrying kids
Brutally executing people  
Slavery 

Quote:How have you determined that majority-Muslim countries fail to progress due to religious belief, rather than economic conditions?

Yeah because poverty is what makes them throw gay people from roof tops 

Quote: Of the customs you disapprove of in majority-Muslim countries, which are intrinsic to Islam and which are customs which could be changed within a Muslim system?
None 

Quote:If you believe that a person is silly, childish, anti-progressive, and harmful to the world, would you still say you respect that person? It sounds as if you don't respect anyone who holds Muslim beliefs. 
Nope they can be all those things and i still don't hate them . 

Quote:How have you determined that your own liberal Western values are superior to Muslim beliefs? Is this provable? Or is it something you "just know"?
The fact the west is richer ,freer,more tolerant,  more technologically advanced , More generous , And has contributed more to the modern world then any other value system so much so the very muslim who whine about the west are perfectly willing to embrace our technology and science and beg for our help . But if you think it's so debatable move to Iran .
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Ilhan Omar is one of the most progressive members of Congress. She is in favor of supporting gay people's rights, Medicare for All, a Green New Deal, reduced militarism, and other important policies.

She is opposed largely by people like corporate crony Nancy Pelosi. If Shahid Buttar, a true progressive, can defeat Pelosi in the primary, it will be a great benefit for America.

Do you consider Omar and Buttar to be silly? Are they, in your view, not really Muslim? Though they are real progressives and the US would greatly benefit from having more people like them in power, should we nonetheless call them dangerous for the world?
What I see is progressive Muslims who have escaped the religious oppression of Islam as it exists in the Middle East.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(July 14, 2020 at 1:44 am)Eleven Wrote: What I see is progressive Muslims who have escaped the religious oppression of Islam as it exists in the Middle East.

So it's possible to be Muslim and progressive.

So perhaps what you really object to is the Middle East, and its customs, not Islam.
Completely against Islam.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(July 14, 2020 at 1:48 am)Eleven Wrote: Completely against Islam.

Would you vote for Omar or Buttar?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7876 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5486 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 33870 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet