Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 12:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Putting it in my mouth
RE: Putting it in my mouth
(December 9, 2021 at 7:36 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(November 30, 2021 at 4:52 pm)brewer Wrote: Just pulled apple turnovers out. Not guaranteed edible, me and baking is a 50/50 shot.

Edit: Wife says two many apples.

So, you're saying you want your wife whacked?

How about starting with muted.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 30, 2021 at 4:52 pm)brewer Wrote: Just pulled apple turnovers out. Not guaranteed edible, me and baking is a 50/50 shot.

I once made pear fritters, and herself told me that there weren’t enough pears in them. So, considerate hubby that I am, I made the next batch by dipping whole pears - unpeeled, uncored - in batter and deep frying them. She had the nerve to tell me I was being childish.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I suppose removing my wife's tongue might kill two birds.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Vanilla ice cream and caramel syrup.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(December 9, 2021 at 7:54 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

I once made pear fritters, and herself told me that there weren’t enough pears in them. So, considerate hubby that I am, I made the next batch by dipping whole pears - unpeeled, uncored - in batter and deep frying them. She had the nerve to tell me I was being childish.

Boru

Cheek.

You should have told her to get out of your fort. 

How can you ruin apple turnovers?

Me? Oh I began learning to cook when I was 12   Angel
(December 9, 2021 at 9:25 pm)Oldandeasilyconfused Wrote:
(December 9, 2021 at 7:54 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I once made pear fritters, and herself told me that there weren’t enough pears in them. So, considerate hubby that I am, I made the next batch by dipping whole pears - unpeeled, uncored - in batter and deep frying them. She had the nerve to tell me I was being childish.

Boru

Cheek.

It was a great source of pride to my mum that no one grew up in her house without learning how to cook.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 9, 2021 at 9:35 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(December 9, 2021 at 9:25 pm)Oldandeasilyconfused Wrote: Cheek.

It was a great source of pride to my mum that no one grew up in her house without learning how to cook.

Boru

Your mum sounds like my nana. It was her view that anyone who was a good housekeeper was mentally unwell. She was a great cook.
 A wonderfully eccentric old darling. Only met her twice, she came out from Canada. Think  of Carol Chaning except better looking and smarter. I think I might like your mum.
(December 10, 2021 at 5:53 am)Oldandeasilyconfused Wrote:
(December 9, 2021 at 9:35 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: It was a great source of pride to my mum that no one grew up in her house without learning how to cook.

Boru

Your mum sounds like my nana. It was her view that anyone who was a good housekeeper was mentally unwell. She was a great cook.
 A wonderfully eccentric old darling. Only met her twice, she came out from Canada. Think  of Carol Chaning except better looking and smarter. I think I might like your mum.

Wouldn’t surprise me - nearly everyone liked my mum. 

Boru
(December 10, 2021 at 7:35 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(December 10, 2021 at 5:53 am)Oldandeasilyconfused Wrote: Your mum sounds like my nana. It was her view that anyone who was a good housekeeper was mentally unwell. She was a great cook.

Wouldn’t surprise me - nearly everyone liked my mum. 

Boru

Same with my mum.

At her funeral, a whole bunch of people she'd helped came out of the woodwork. None of the family had any idea.
Had a craving for some popcorn...so I made a batch with popcorn salt and butter. Yummy!

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Star Wars plot holes? Wash your mouth out! ignoramus 3 533 May 23, 2019 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  "putting time in perspective," and some fun facts! Catholic_Lady 49 9577 July 15, 2015 at 9:55 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Putting Creed's Humanism Back thesummerqueen 5 3170 December 19, 2012 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  School putting too much emphasis on sports passionatefool 15 6427 November 10, 2011 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious