Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 11:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Noteworthy News
RE: Noteworthy News
Pennsylvania - Dutch Quakers ---

Therse motherfuckers are SERIOUS about a penny.....
(September 26, 2021 at 5:21 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(September 26, 2021 at 5:02 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Man charged with felony, jailed on $50k cash bond for 43-cent ‘theft’

Joseph Sobolewski stopped at a convenience store in Perry County last month where he saw a sign for 20-ounce Mountain Dew bottles: 2 for $3.

He grabbed a bottle, slapped $2 on the counter and walked out.

What he didn’t know was a single bottle was $2.29, not $1.50. So he had shorted the store 29 cents plus tax, or 43 cents total.

The store called police, who tracked him down. Pennsylvania State police officers charged him with a felony, locked him up on $50,000 cash-only bond. He’s facing the possibility of up to seven years in prison.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2021/09/ma...theft.html

This might be the most disturbing thing from that article:

Quote:Third and subsequent offenses, no matter the amount, are all graded as a third-degree felonies, which is the same charge for items valued at more than $1,000. Other crimes that count as a third-degree felony are involuntary manslaughter, institutional sexual assault and carrying a firearm without a license.

So, not paying 43c is legally the equivalent of involuntary manslaughter. That is, in judicial parlance, epically fucked up.

Boru

And yet cops able to needlessly kill people over and over again and get away with it without spending a minute behind bars
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
Far more people are killed by other people over drugs, alcohol or sex EVERY DAY - than are killed by police EVERY YEAR.

But nobody seens to think those things are a problem...
(September 26, 2021 at 10:17 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Far more people are killed by other people over drugs, alcohol or sex EVERY DAY - than are killed by police EVERY YEAR.

Why are you so full of shit?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(September 26, 2021 at 10:30 am)Angrboda Wrote:
(September 26, 2021 at 10:17 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Far more people are killed by other people over drugs, alcohol or sex EVERY DAY - than are killed by police EVERY YEAR.

Why are you so full of shit?

Why do you hate children and puppies?

Fair point. If only there were treatment centres to help people with drug and alcohol problems. You so, someplace where addicts could go anonymously to get help. That would be great.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 26, 2021 at 10:56 am)onlinebiker Wrote:
(September 26, 2021 at 10:30 am)Angrboda Wrote: Why are you so full of shit?

Why do you hate children and puppies?

Because I'm a bitch. You?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

I'll assume that your mean the drugs, alcohol or sex killings are not self inflicted.

Think of priests and child molesting. An institutional authority given the duty to protect is not suppose to harm the innocent (presumed?).
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(September 26, 2021 at 11:14 am)Angrboda Wrote:
(September 26, 2021 at 10:56 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Why do you hate children and puppies?

Because I'm a bitch.  You?

So very glad I didn't have a mouth full of tea when I read this. Hehe

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(September 26, 2021 at 11:14 am)Angrboda Wrote:
(September 26, 2021 at 10:56 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Why do you hate children and puppies?

Because I'm a bitch.  You?
I' m a cynical son of a bitch.

Did you miss that part?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4421 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 537 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fox news its just pure idiocy its not news its Satire dyresand 3 1602 May 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Brian37