Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 12:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Noteworthy News
RE: Noteworthy News
(November 12, 2021 at 5:01 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Steve Bannon indicted by grand jury on contempt of congress.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/12/politics/...index.html

ABOUT FUCKING TIME!

Quote:From your linked article:

Any criminal case against Bannon could take years to unfold in court, and a successful prosecution isn't a certainty. Historically, criminal contempt of Congress cases have been derailed by juries sympathetic to the defendants and by appeals rulings. Bannon's case is likely to raise novel legal questions about executive privilege and about the House's ability to enforce its investigative subpoenas when they seek information about the executive branch.
(November 12, 2021 at 5:09 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(November 12, 2021 at 5:01 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Steve Bannon indicted by grand jury on contempt of congress.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/12/politics/...index.html

ABOUT FUCKING TIME!

He's pretty well fucked now. At any time prior to the indictment being handed down, Bannon could have complied with the subpoena and these charges would have vanished like a fart in the wind. Too late now.

Boru

I hope so! 100% agree.

He is low hanging fruit. I really wish the GOP of today would have been the same GOP of Nixon. While Nixon didn't spend any time in prison, which one could argue he should have, Bannon will argue martyrdom, but it won't work in the same way that the orange turd has gotten away with, and still is. 

If you turn on Farts Noise right now, They will argue Garland is a partisanship motivated. No, all his job is to determine if a accusation has enough weight to go to a grand jury. The grand jury are the ones whom decide if the case should go to a trial. 

But it is nice to see some real backbone for once.
(November 12, 2021 at 12:12 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Some of the traitors sitting in dc prisons are requesting they be sent to gitmo.  All in favor?
Quote:Guantanamo Bay Cuba is a detention facility that actually provides nutritional meals, routine
sunlight exposure, top notch medical care, and is respectful of Religious Requirements. It has
centers for exercise, and entertainment for the detainees, even though those detainees are Al
Qaeda, ISIS, and Taliban that have actually killed American citizens.
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/....57.32.pdf

Oh yeah, super nutritional, through a feeding tube right up your ass.

I have a problem with the word/charge of 'traitor'. It's a political crime and one which makes people very emotional.

If a person can be proved at law to have harmed his country or caused deaths, then sure shoot them or bung them in gaol for 147 years. 

As for Guantanamo Bay Prison: As far as I understand it, prisoners there have not been convicted of a crime. They have been refused  the basic right of habeas corpus and the right to council guaranteed by the US constitution.

The prison is deliberately off shore with no media access so those abuses may continue.

The US kidnapped an Australian citizen, David Hicks, from a middle eastern country and held him without charge in Guantanamo Bay Prison for five years.  David is from my city and as far I can tell is (was) very naive and is also quite stupid.  The US tried the same thing on a British citizen. The Brits simply demanded he be released immediately, and he was. My government said nothing. 

Basic rights need to include everyone for people to claim a rule of law, imo.  

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((9))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Habeas corpus (/ˈheɪbiəs ˈkɔːrpəs/ ([Image: 11px-Loudspeaker.svg.png]listen)Medieval Latin, literally meaning "let you have the body", and in context meaning "[we, a Court, command] that you have the body [of the detainee brought before us].")[1] is a recourse in law through which a person can report an unlawful detention or imprisonment to a court and request that the court order the custodian of the person, usually a prison official, to bring the prisoner to court, to determine whether the detention is lawful.[2]

The writ of habeas corpus was described by William Blackstone as a "great and efficacious writ in all manner of illegal confinement".[3] It is a summons with the force of a court order; it is addressed to the custodian (a prison official, for example) and demands that a prisoner be brought before the court, and that the custodian present proof of authority, allowing the court to determine whether the custodian has lawful authority to detain the prisoner. If the custodian is acting beyond their authority, then the prisoner must be released. Any prisoner, or another person acting on their behalf, may petition the court, or a judge, for a writ of habeas corpus. One reason for the writ to be sought by a person other than the prisoner is that the detainee might be held incommunicado. Most civil law jurisdictions provide a similar remedy for those unlawfully detained, but this is not always called habeas corpus.[4] For example, in some Spanish-speaking nations, the equivalent remedy for unlawful imprisonment is the amparo de libertad ("protection of freedom").

Habeas corpus - Wikipedia
(November 12, 2021 at 5:20 pm)Oldandeasilyconfused Wrote:  I have a problem with the word/charge of 'traitor'. It's a political crime and one which makes people very emotional.

If a person can be proved at law to have harmed his country or caused deaths, then sure shoot them or bung them in gaol for 147 years. 

Almost as emotional as watching treason on live tv, I guess.  I don't have a problem calling a traitor a traitor.  These traitors harmed the us, and continue to attempt to harm the us even from jail.  Like one does.

If they get out, they'll do it again, and if they don't, they'll continue to create the propaganda required for those who make the next attempt..and the one after that..and the one after that.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 12, 2021 at 5:20 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(November 12, 2021 at 5:09 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: He's pretty well fucked now. At any time prior to the indictment being handed down, Bannon could have complied with the subpoena and these charges would have vanished like a fart in the wind. Too late now.

Boru

I hope so! 100% agree.

He is low hanging fruit. I really wish the GOP of today would have been the same GOP of Nixon. While Nixon didn't spend any time in prison, which one could argue he should have, Bannon will argue martyrdom, but it won't work in the same way that the orange turd has gotten away with, and still is. 

If you turn on Farts Noise right now, They will argue Garland is a partisanship motivated. No, all his job is to determine if a accusation has enough weight to go to a grand jury. The grand jury are the ones whom decide if the case should go to a trial. 

But it is nice to see some real backbone for once.

You really don’t understand what this is about. And you’re still misusing ‘whom’.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 12, 2021 at 5:20 pm)Oldandeasilyconfused Wrote:
(November 12, 2021 at 12:12 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Some of the traitors sitting in dc prisons are requesting they be sent to gitmo.  All in favor?
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/....57.32.pdf

Oh yeah, super nutritional, through a feeding tube right up your ass.

I have a problem with the word/charge of 'traitor'. It's a political crime and one which makes people very emotional.

Trying to stop the verification of the vote is an act of a traitor. They were attempting to stop the functioning of the government.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(November 12, 2021 at 5:32 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(November 12, 2021 at 5:20 pm)Oldandeasilyconfused Wrote:  I have a problem with the word/charge of 'traitor'. It's a political crime and one which makes people very emotional.

Trying to stop the verification of the vote is an act of a traitor.  They were attempting to stop the functioning of the government.

Yes. And it still is annoying to me that even so called "liberal" media keeps talking about an investigation. What happened January 6th doesn't need any investigation. Trump sold lies and fear and vilification not only this election but from the start of his first run.

It is the old childish cliche "Heads I win, tales you lose." Except the asshole had power.
(November 12, 2021 at 5:51 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(November 12, 2021 at 5:32 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Trying to stop the verification of the vote is an act of a traitor.  They were attempting to stop the functioning of the government.

Yes. And it still is annoying to me that even so called "liberal" media keeps talking about an investigation. What happened January 6th doesn't need any investigation. Trump sold lies and fear and vilification not only this election but from the start of his first run.

It is the old childish cliche "Heads I win, tales you lose." Except the asshole had power.

You continue to express contempt for the law. Even those who blatantly and obviously break it are still entitled to protection under the law. If that means lengthy investigations, so be it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 12, 2021 at 5:32 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Trying to stop the verification of the vote is an act of a traitor.  They were are attempting to stop the functioning of the government.

FTFY
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Anti-vaxxers reach a whole new level of bat chit crazy.

Anti-Vaxxers Who Caved To Mandates Try To Undo Their Shots

Quote:In a TikTok video that has garnered hundreds of thousands of views, Dr. Carrie Madej outlined the ingredients for a bath she said will “detox the vaxx” for people who have given into Covid-19 vaccine mandates.

The ingredients in the bath are mostly not harmful, although the supposed benefits attached to them are entirely fictional. Baking soda and epsom salts, she falsely claims, will provide a “radiation detox” to remove radiation Madej falsely believes is activated by the vaccine.  Bentonite clay will add a “major pull of poison,” she says, based on a mistaken idea in anti-vaccine communities that toxins can be removed from the body with certain therapies. 

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4421 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 537 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fox news its just pure idiocy its not news its Satire dyresand 3 1602 May 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Brian37