Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 3:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Noteworthy News
RE: Noteworthy News
Quote:Farmers are giving up much-needed cropland to solar companies, but can the two work in tandem?
https://thecounter.org/regenerative-farm...aic-solar/
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Julio Jones on his way to Tampa. Can the G.O.A.T. be stopped now?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
The internet appears to be losing its collective shit over the demise of something called the 'Choco Taco'. I've never had one (and never heard of one prior to this) but it appears to be an ice cream treat shaped like a taco.

I have no objection to the idea, just the name. To festoon ice cream with chocolate and nuts and stuff it into a taco-shaped 'cone' and call it a taco is an abomination. Just to be clear- 

Taco:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7YawRTjz3hMviNEtVlrr...Q&usqp=CAU]

NOT a taco:

[Image: 1000.jpg?width=620&quality=85&fit=max&s=...255a0bddae]

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
There goes a marquee ice cream truck memory. You're as bad as the guy who told me tom petty was dead, now. I didn't need to know that shit, let me continue to live in ignorant bliss thinking that tom petty and chaco tacos are still out there, somewhere.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Everybody here knows about the No Gun Ri massacre, right?

Hundreds of Korean civilians, mostly women and children, killed by the US military.

It's the 72nd anniversary.
Clarence Thomas quits his teaching post at George Washington University in DC after student protests, even after the university said it supported Thomas still coming to teach.

Apparently Thomas couldn’t handle any dissenting opinions.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/...t-protests
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world...0.html?amp

I really hope unspeakable things happen to the judge who said this. I'd volunteer if someone can get me his name...
"Tradition" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about being an asshole.
(July 29, 2022 at 6:15 pm)Divinity Wrote: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world...0.html?amp

I really hope unspeakable things happen to the judge who said this. I'd volunteer if someone can get me his name...

What the fuck??

Sack and prosecute the whole fucking lot.
Dying to live, living to die.
Prince Charles accepted £1m from family of Osama bin Laden

Prince Charles, 73, is said to have held a private meeting with Bakr, 76, at Clarence House in London on 30 October 2013, two years after Osama bin Laden was shot dead by US special forces at a compound near Islamabad in Pakistan, according to the newspaper.

Bakr and Shafiq bin Laden are half-brothers of Osama, related to the founder of al-Qaida through their father Mohammed bin Awad bin Laden, a Yemeni-born billionaire.

There is no suggestion that Bakr or Shafiq bin Laden has sponsored or been involved in acts of terrorism.

A source close to the charity said after a thorough examination of the issues, the trustees concluded that the actions of one bin Laden family member should not tarnish the whole family.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022...ort-claims
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
US Vice President Harris managed to ignite a right-wing temper tantrum with the following comment.

‘I am Kamala Harris, my pronouns are “she” and “her”, I am a woman sitting at the table wearing a blue suit.’

I’m happy Republicans have yet another insignificant item over which to clutch their collective pearls.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4421 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 537 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fox news its just pure idiocy its not news its Satire dyresand 3 1602 May 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Brian37