Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 9:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Noteworthy News
RE: Noteworthy News
Also because i missed it the first time.

Quote:Did she open her borders and let them in to get warm?

Did she feed them all?
Not her job nor her responsibility and Abbot could have not sent them during a freaking cold snap.

Quote:What is needed to be a welcome center? Especially when borders don’t mean anything to her.

She has a warm mansion, no?

She has the means to round up food at moments notice, no?
Not her job nor her responsibility and Abbot could have not sent them during a freaking cold snap.Also, she's never said borders don't matter.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

I also don't think that Kamala necessarily has the ability to feed over a hundred people at moment's notice, let alone housing them or dealing with any medical issues (especially the kind that are exacerbated by staying outdoors in record low temperatures while dressed in summer clothes). The VP's house is pretty big, but I don't think it's big enough for a sudden influx of a hundred people.

Also, you ask what's necessary to become a welcoming center, here's something from my own home state about the subject. And I'm going to go out on a limb and say that things aren't much different outside of Illinois. Unless it's shit like, "don't put ketchup on your hot dogs" or "South of the Ike, they like the White Sox, and North of the Ike, they like the Cubs." But that's trivial in comparison to everything else, especially the lower-tier Maslovian needs they're supposed to meet.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
We shouldn't need to send immigrants to sanctuary cities and states. They should already sharing the load and taking them.
Quote:We shouldn't need to send immigrants to sanctuary cities and states. They should already sharing the load and taking them.
No. Border states should be dealing with it themselves not thrusting it off to everyone else. They showed up in their states they should be their responsibility.
"Change was inevitable"

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(December 31, 2022 at 1:06 am)Helios Wrote:
Quote:We shouldn't need to send immigrants to sanctuary cities and states. They should already sharing the load and taking them.
No. Border states should be dealing with it themselves not thrusting it off to everyone else. They showed up in their states they should be their responsibility.
Then get Washington out of it and let the states do their thing.
Quote:Then get Washington out of it and let the states do their thing.
No. Washington still gets to be in charge and states still have to take them in when they show up as that is their responsibility period.
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(December 31, 2022 at 12:54 am)Lek Wrote: We shouldn't need to send immigrants to sanctuary cities and states. They should already sharing the load and taking them.

That'd be happening with or without Texas and Arizona sending buses to them. Case in point, Illinois (my home state) is a sanctuary state and we have 425,000 undocumented immigrants (#6 behind California, Texas, New York, New Jersey, and Florida). California, another sanctuary state, has a bit less than a quarter of the undocumented population of the US.

And the funny thing, the seven sanctuary states (and the District of Columbia) seem to actually have a 33.8% of the undocumented population despite making up 21.73% of the total population of the country. If you think they're not pulling their own weight in this situation, you're absolutely wrong.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(December 31, 2022 at 1:14 am)Lek Wrote:
(December 31, 2022 at 1:06 am)Helios Wrote: No. Border states should be dealing with it themselves not thrusting it off to everyone else. They showed up in their states they should be their responsibility.
Then get Washington out of it and let the states do their thing.

Right, because the governors of Texas and Florida have shown nothing but compassion towards these desperate people.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 30, 2022 at 4:29 pm)h4ym4n Wrote:
(December 30, 2022 at 4:07 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: What seems to be your issue with people from Germany?  Can you let us know what you see as the problem? I assume you are talking about everyone from Germany.  Please explain.

what detailed news do they get on the mexico border?
I can english
I can internet
I can google

I get all the news i want from all over the world. Amazing, isnt it?

(December 30, 2022 at 4:34 pm)h4ym4n Wrote: and if i just hiked 1000's miles thru several dangerous countries only to get to the border to get a free ride somewhere away from the shit hole the border is then YES i would take that worm ride to 3.5 miles away from help somewhere I never heard of in the USA
Please stop trying to weasel out, its pathetic.
People where shipped a thousand miles (which you conveniently forgot to mention) into the middle of a cold spell, and i bet a paycheck that Abbot did not tell them "dont worry, help is only 3,5m miles away".....because thats what this stunt was all about, right?
Even if Abbot did tell them, its still reprehensible to use people as props for a political stunt. And commenting this fact is what you desperately will keep trying to avoid, since you already know the answer to my question: It is ok to use helpless people as props for a political stunt?

(December 30, 2022 at 4:36 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Just the fact that we are talking to someone who thinks it's okay to ship a busload of people to a personal residence unannounced is incredible.
This
We are living in times, where its suddenly ok to be a racist or antisemite, where its ok to use people as props, where its ok to invade other countries.
Must have been a pretty big rock someone lifted, for so many cockroaches to suddenly start scuttling around.

(December 30, 2022 at 4:37 pm)h4ym4n Wrote: so there is no crisis on the mexico border?
Irrelevant for evaluating Abbots actions. Or do you think its ok to shuffle people around as props for a political stunt during a border crisis, as opposed to "normal times"?

(December 30, 2022 at 4:40 pm)h4ym4n Wrote:
(December 30, 2022 at 4:37 pm)Helios Wrote: If you would be cool with being dumped in the bitter cold with no winter clothes you aren't all there. And the countries they hiked through were at least freaking warm.

you seem to have a problem with the migrant logic over mine.

they traveled thru several loving countries that are warm.
Stop being so fucking dishonest.
A few posts ago you claimed they were dropped off only 3,5miles away from help. Now its warm states they were ferried through, before they were put into danger. Is any of that really relevant for evaluating Abbots actions?

You arent even pretending anymore to be sincere.

(December 30, 2022 at 4:57 pm)h4ym4n Wrote:
(December 30, 2022 at 4:50 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: WUT?
That make less sense than usual for you.

Talk to Deessee23. he called me a liar for saying there's a crisis at the mexico border.
Do you think there is a crisis at the mexico border?
Is it ok during a border crisis to .....you know the exercise, dont you?
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
The migrant housing in Texas was overflowing and there were below freezing temperatures outside. Texas needs more help in providing care. This needs to be a national effort. It's easy to pontificate when your property is not being overrun. Stop flapping your lips and get down there and help out! If Canada attacked Michigan would we send any troops there or just let them use their national guard?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4420 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 537 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fox news its just pure idiocy its not news its Satire dyresand 3 1602 May 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Brian37