Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 9:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Noteworthy News
RE: Noteworthy News
(March 7, 2024 at 1:56 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Russia adds chess legend Garry Kasparov to ‘terrorists and extremists’ list

Rosfinmonitoring added Soviet-born Kasparov to its database of "terrorists and extremists" without giving a reason.

Rights groups say the label is another tool the Kremlin uses to silence its critics, along with the "foreign agent" term it applies to people it sees as enemies of the state.

Kasparov is widely regarded as one of the world's greatest chess players and has lived in the United States for over a decade, where he has focused on political activism.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/world-new...85935.html

(Bold mine)

I have a pretty good idea what the reason is...

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I heard he set off a bomb that killed a rook, a knight, and three pawns.

(March 7, 2024 at 7:23 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I heard he set off a bomb that killed a rook, a knight, and three pawns.

Checkmate in one move. Impressive.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 7, 2024 at 11:12 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(March 7, 2024 at 7:23 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I heard he set off a bomb that killed a rook, a knight, and three pawns.

Checkmate in one move. Impressive.

Boru

Because chess is Srs Bsns™.

Pro-palestine protesters DESTROY historic painting of Lord Balfour in Trinity College at the University of Cambridge, by spraying and then slashing it.

teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(March 8, 2024 at 5:39 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Pro-palestine protesters DESTROY historic painting of Lord Balfour in Trinity College at the University of Cambridge, by spraying and then slashing it.

Fair enough. Balfour was a complete bastard.

Boru
(March 8, 2024 at 6:39 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(March 8, 2024 at 5:39 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Pro-palestine protesters DESTROY historic painting of Lord Balfour in Trinity College at the University of Cambridge, by spraying and then slashing it.

Fair enough. Balfour was a complete bastard.

Boru

Yeah, but now I want to do the same thing to the vandals.
Dying to live, living to die.
(March 8, 2024 at 6:56 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(March 8, 2024 at 6:39 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Fair enough. Balfour was a complete bastard.

Boru

Yeah, but now I want to do the same thing to the vandals.

Why? It wasn’t much of a painting.

Boru
(March 8, 2024 at 7:25 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(March 8, 2024 at 6:56 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Yeah, but now I want to do the same thing to the vandals.

Why? It wasn’t much of a painting.

Boru

Even so, if you vandalise something, even something unpopular, and you think it's justified as part of your protest, you need to learn the hard way, if necessary, that such actions won't go unpunished.
Dying to live, living to die.
I'm sure what is essentially killing Balfour in effigy is going to change things.

A couple of years for vandalism sounds good to me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4415 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 537 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fox news its just pure idiocy its not news its Satire dyresand 3 1602 May 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Brian37