Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 9:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Random Humorous Things - A Light-Hearted Thread
RE: Random Humorous Things - A Light-Hearted Thread
[Image: SRg88kb.jpg]

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(November 8, 2021 at 4:33 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Uh-oh...

[Image: 1YEN8Ud.jpeg]

Boru

Well, France just surrendered...
Dying to live, living to die.
[Image: 246659004_4682032031848274_2667378741660...e=61AEB2EC]

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I've been having this exact argument with my Dad, and, yes, I'm on Larry's side:

Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(November 9, 2021 at 3:58 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: I've been having this exact argument with my Dad, and, yes, I'm on Larry's side:

Now 75F is 23C.  As it turns out that is the temperature setting recommended by the manufacturer for my monster, my large Mitsubishi split system. Perfectly happy with that, although I sometimes drop it to 22 in winter.  

In truth, my ideal outside temperature is 25. (77F) I think that white bloke is bit of a whinger.  Angel
(November 9, 2021 at 4:49 pm)Oldandeasilyconfused Wrote:
(November 9, 2021 at 3:58 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: I've been having this exact argument with my Dad, and, yes, I'm on Larry's side:

Now 75F is 23C.  As it turns out that is the temperature setting recommended by the manufacturer for my monster, my large Mitsubishi split system. Perfectly happy with that, although I sometimes drop it to 22 in winter.  

In truth, my ideal outside temperature is 25. (77F) I think that white bloke is bit of a whinger.  Angel

In fairness, that is a big part of Larry’s character on Curb Your Enthusiasm, and possibly real life.

(November 9, 2021 at 4:55 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(November 9, 2021 at 4:49 pm)Oldandeasilyconfused Wrote:  Now 75F is 23C.  As it turns out that is the temperature setting recommended by the manufacturer for my monster, my large Mitsubishi split system. Perfectly happy with that, although I sometimes drop it to 22 in winter.  

In fairness, that is a big part of Larry’s character on Curb Your Enthusiasm, and possibly real life.

Oh, is that an American sit com?  Seriously, there are very few I like. I fucking hate Raymond, his dysfunctional family and his dopey wife. (if she had any brains she would have made sure they moved to another country)  I think the shallow, narcissistic quartet in Seinfeld are as funny as cancer. I quite liked All In The Family*** and think the Big Bang has its moments.

***Below, a great interview with Sally Strothers and one of Australia's great comedic grotesques, Norman Guston (Gary McDonald) Sally really digs Norman. Some American celebrities were too thick to get that it's satire.

Norman Gunston interviews Sally Struthers - YouTube

I've got a thermostat set on a whole-house fan.  It's set at 63F for nighttime.

In the earlier seasons, his wife, played by Cheryl Hines (hubba hubba) once proclaimed that "Larry insists others live by a set of rules that only he understands".  Nailed it!

I loved the show.  My wife hated it.
Disappointing theists since 1968!
I’m not going to lie, I tend to relate to Larry enough that I seriously wonder if he (either the man himself or the character) is on the autism spectrum. I remember that there was an episode in Season 9 where they took on autism and even had Larry briefly pretend to have it because Larry, but watching it, I started to legitimately wonder: what if they elaborated on it, and it actually turned out that was why he was the way he was all along and that he only just realized it because he wasn’t freaking out about missing Wapner or bragging about being an excellent driver?

[Image: a96db301583c51e0bba18ad4fe4e0e66.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just some random thoughts Sigiere 1 657 May 22, 2023 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Random tank chatter robvalue 21 3343 April 1, 2016 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  The "You really mustn't derail this thread" thread. Edwardo Piet 69 8648 January 19, 2016 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The "You really must derail this thread" thread. Marsellus Wallace 20 4064 January 19, 2016 at 7:15 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Random revolutionary ideas HorribleOffensiveScouser91 3 2733 November 26, 2012 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: jonb
  WTF Photos (Humorous Edition) thesummerqueen 16 7062 October 26, 2012 at 10:00 am
Last Post: Faith No More