Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 3:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If everything has a purpose then evil doesn't exist
RE: If everything has a purpose then evil doesn't exist
(June 26, 2023 at 10:15 am)Helios Wrote:
Quote:so you're not aware that salt water and fresh water do not readily mix?
I know they don't mix normally (though the conditions were talking about aren't normal) and there is a difference between some flipping rain and getting caught in an apocalyptic level super flood and tossed around in rough seas in a virtually planetary ocean for 30 days so your comparison doesn't work. Also seeds can drown and not all the same reliance. Also only some seeds can go through animal digestive systems so pointing to this is does not support your case.So no it's not a simple case of the shell not being damaged.

Dude google and look at the pic that I referenced earlier. (They won't allow me to post links off this site) It is literally a line in the ocean where fresh water butts up with salt water. There is a clear line of dark blue sea and mirky fresh water where a river in Vancouver dumps out into the sea.

Again have pointed this out several times now when one of you bring up fresh water fish and salt water fish. It wasn't just rain in gen 7 that flooded the earth. Great well springs on land and in the sea spewed fourth geysers which also provided flood waters that flood the earth. 

Where the two meet and there is agitation the water turns 'brackish.' I'm not saying there was no brackish water on the planet. I am saying is near or on land there was fresh water. then a brackish layer then out to sea the water remained salt.

Can we close the book on this part of the discussion now?

If so I would like for you to go back and read the whole post you are commenting to and apply everything that was written there including the cut and pasted portion of the Britanna on line article that says seeds in their 'pods' can remain viable for year sometime millennia (1000s of years/they found wheat in king tut's tomb, and planted it) Once this membrane is dissolved and comes in contact with water then it will germinate. 

These seed 'pods' sometimes last years before they allow the seed to germinate. again read and address the whole post.
(June 26, 2023 at 10:20 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: They mix really well in superstorms.  Ask the gulf coast.

how far down do you think this water mixes in the gulf? then how far inland do you think this gulf water will go If fresh water from the flooded land is rushing out to sea? Then how do you think it will mix after the 40 day storm was over?
(June 26, 2023 at 10:21 am)Helios Wrote:
Quote:religion yes.. Relationship with God... Not so much.
Religion is the mass imposed delusion you have a relationship with god.

if that were so then why do I not share your beliefs about god?
(June 26, 2023 at 2:57 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: your notion of “experience based” is indistinguishable from “faith based”, which is also indistinguishable from “bullshit based”, because none of it contain any demonstrable and repeatable method to control for, or exclude the impact of subjectivity or, blatant bullshit.

Not to mention that the idea that there is an experience to be had is not itself experience-based, but merely dogma that is taught. Nobody comes up with this on their own.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I think we can all agree at this point, in a shameless self-plug sort of way, that I never defended my questionable beliefs nearly as hard as this Farmer guy is defending his own questionable beliefs?
"Imagination, life is your creation"
(June 26, 2023 at 3:14 pm)Ahriman Wrote: I think we can all agree at this point, in a shameless self-plug sort of way, that I never defended my questionable beliefs nearly as hard as this Farmer guy is defending his own questionable beliefs?

Are you saying that you lack conviction?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
So a worthless word wall that doesn't actually address my point on the water and a nonsensical point that somehow your indoctrination should lead to us having the same opinions about god....Gotcha

Congrats you wasted your time and mine.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(June 26, 2023 at 3:15 pm)Angrboda Wrote:
(June 26, 2023 at 3:14 pm)Ahriman Wrote: I think we can all agree at this point, in a shameless self-plug sort of way, that I never defended my questionable beliefs nearly as hard as this Farmer guy is defending his own questionable beliefs?

Are you saying that you lack conviction?

Yeah I guess, although I meant more like, I knew my beliefs were irrational and possibly even stupid, so I wasn't willing to go that far out of my way to defend them.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
(June 26, 2023 at 3:29 pm)Ahriman Wrote:
(June 26, 2023 at 3:15 pm)Angrboda Wrote: Are you saying that you lack conviction?

Yeah I guess, although I meant more like, I knew my beliefs were irrational and possibly even stupid, so I wasn't willing to go that far out of my way to defend them.

Farmer is either on a mission from god or is a poe.  I am leaning toward the latter.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(June 26, 2023 at 10:24 am)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(June 26, 2023 at 9:22 am)R-Farmer Wrote: Again I can only speak for myself. While I freely admit that religion Can be a group think belief system, So too is science. as I would say there is a tiny percentage of us who are in fact able to 'science' on our own and formulate our own conclusions. Like with religion it can be as shallow as you want or it can go deeper than you are able. It's all about the individual.

“Us” most assuredly does not include you.

Unlike religion, depth in science is not make belief.

tell yourself whatever you like, but the fact of the matter remains. that unless you can 'science' out your own conclusions, then whatever you believe science is, or isn't, is a faith based belief. Making you No different than anyone who believes in god through faith. All you are doing with your belief in science is just trivially replacing God with 'science'

Meaning there is no different between the drone who says "because God said so" and the drone that says "science says so."
I know you like to see yourself as better, but you truly are just fooling yourself. 

Seriously dude you don't even know enough, to know you don't know enough to, not have a seed discussion with some douche bag hobby farmer. at least not without a google search to back what you think you know first.

Your big sin here is you believe your own hype. That just because the douche bag hobby farmer believes in god and you believe in science, it makes you the smarter person. Clearly not.. As clearly you have no clue how seeds work. or eggs, egg incubation, or baby mammals and milk, or how to pack a boat... (take a 200 lb baby elephant or a 14,000 lb adult elephant who eat 300 lbs of vegetation a day or a cute 5 pound tiger cub or a 700 lb adult who can potentially kill and eat every living thing on the boat.) Why else would you argue my points if you understood how to pack a boat with animals who would not want to be there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UCKG: Church tells boy 'evil spirit' hides in him zebo-the-fat 1 384 December 11, 2023 at 4:51 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Free will and the necessary evil Mystical 133 16862 December 16, 2022 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Why doesn't God love his enemies? Fake Messiah 16 1370 November 30, 2022 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Free will and the necessary evil Mystical 14 1598 November 11, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  Armageddon. Does it make Jesus rather evil? Greatest I am 21 2238 February 9, 2021 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Christians pray evil away on the winter solstice. brewer 9 1036 December 29, 2020 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Hitler was genocidal and evil. Yahweh’s genocides are good; say Christians, Muslims & Greatest I am 25 2432 September 14, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What I see in the Bible is different then Jews and Christians. Mystic 8 2650 December 31, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  On this world if humans ceased to exist would god cease to exist? brewer 58 12614 November 24, 2017 at 3:17 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  So, why doesn't Scripture uniquely endorse a specific denomination ? vorlon13 36 10788 November 22, 2017 at 5:27 am
Last Post: Cod