Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 30, 2024, 6:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Limits of Possible Explanation
RE: The Limits of Possible Explanation
I don't know of any reason to believe that consciousness would be an exception to all the non-physical things...

I would assume its physical. After all its effected when the brain is effected. If you take a sleeping pill you go unconscious, if your brain gets damaged that also effects your consciousness etc.

I know of no reason to believe that consciousness is an exception to the physical.
I think the only real reason that its so hard to get hold of is perhaps because we need to use our own conscious minds in order to understand their own consciousness!

I think its trying to use our own consciousness to understand consciousness - and the fact its so close to us; that makes it difficult. Just a theory lol.

I think the better neurology gets - and the better of the understanding of the brain in general gets - the more we will be able to understand it...

But whether it can be ultimately understood I do not know. We need to use it to understand it! I dunno if any double-blind trials of some sort is possible and could/can help with this puzzle of consciousness.

I think using our own consciousness - our mind; naturally - to understand consciousness itself; is perhaps kind of like a dog chasing its own tail come to think of it....

Yes kind of like that animation that fr0d0 has posted once or twice; referring to me lol.

EvF

P.S: I'm thinking then that its perhaps easier to study another's mind working than one's own perhaps - because our own self-perception is perhaps kind of habitual or whatever. Just thinking.

And maybe because a lot of us tend to think we know humans in general pretty well - never mind ourselves - perhaps studying other animal species would help I dunno....

I can understand that scientists can learn more about consciousness. But as I said - whether we will ever get the big picture I do not know..I do not see how but who knows?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, lunwarris 49 3740 January 7, 2023 at 11:42 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, barji 9 1409 July 10, 2020 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, asthev 14 2101 March 17, 2019 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: chimp3
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, auuka 21 3112 October 7, 2018 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Reltzik
  Possible girlfriend?? Manowar 30 4835 July 26, 2018 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Choosing to/not to Believe? Not Possible? JairCrawford 61 9781 July 1, 2018 at 11:16 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  These People Truly Have No Limits athstmike 18 3234 June 13, 2018 at 3:22 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  AronRa as blunt as possible. ignoramus 7 1757 April 12, 2018 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, brukanzuu 14 2895 March 2, 2018 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: sdelsolray
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, baah 59 10005 October 27, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: LastPoet