Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 6:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AronRa as blunt as possible.
AronRa as blunt as possible.
Guys, (theists especially), watch this from the 37th minute mark to the end (about 10 minutes).

Tell me what, if anything, you find false with it?
Transcended Dimensions thread about jumping to conclusions reminded me of this. Aron may just as well have been speaking to him directly.

Aron is always a breath of fresh air and common sense.

No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: AronRa as blunt as possible.
Paraphrase what the guys says, and then link the video. Nobody wants to cold watch a 10 minute youtube video.
I hate reality? Lol, glad some guy from you tube could let me know that. 😋
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
I definitely don't think your average religious person hates reality. I'm sure they quite enjoy it. Though I think they have a significant misunderstanding of it.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(April 11, 2018 at 2:25 pm)Aegon Wrote: I definitely don't think your average religious person hates reality. I'm sure they quite enjoy it. Though I think they have a significant misunderstanding of it.

That is generous of you lol. I'd much rather someone think I was genuinely mistaken than think I was being dishonest with myself.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Quote:Paraphrase what the guys says, and then link the video. Nobody wants to cold watch a 10 minute youtube video
Then those people are freaking lazy . And yes i watch ever video linked . 

Quote:I hate reality? Lol, glad some guy from you tube could let me know that.
Aronra is not "some guy on Youtube ". "Some guy on youtube" doesn't get invited to give a lecture at national academy of sciences. And you don't get what he saying . Kneejerk much ?
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Hey Tiz, I think we all know why they don't like watching AronRa vids...

[Image: 287w75.jpg]
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(April 12, 2018 at 12:33 am)ignoramus Wrote: Hey Tiz, I think we all know why they don't like watching AronRa vids...

[Image: 287w75.jpg]
Pretty much
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible girlfriend?? Manowar 30 4870 July 26, 2018 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Choosing to/not to Believe? Not Possible? JairCrawford 61 9807 July 1, 2018 at 11:16 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Sam Harris (an atheist) says that God is possible/inevitable ThoughtCurvature 12 3091 September 5, 2017 at 5:27 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
Smile Is Unbelief Possible? Hezekiah 154 20047 March 23, 2014 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Belev2Know
  is it possible for me to one day be a skeptic? leodeo 12 3451 February 21, 2014 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  AronRa debating with theists at the Reason Rally 2012 Ziploc Surprise 1 1860 April 1, 2012 at 12:37 pm
Last Post: mediamogul
  No first generation true atheist is possible! sun 33 13206 March 7, 2011 at 9:46 am
Last Post: BlackUnicorn
  The Limits of Possible Explanation Mark 20 10646 March 22, 2009 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet