Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 4, 2024, 5:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your thoughts on Satanism and the petition for a Satanic statue.
RE: Your thoughts on Satanism and the petition for a Satanic statue.
(September 10, 2015 at 12:22 am)Cecelia Wrote:
(September 10, 2015 at 12:12 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: The only one of those I agree with is making abortion illegal, since it's the killing of an innocent human life. Can't say I've heard any politician in the US say contraception, gay sex, and pre marital sex being illegal though. Are you sure that's what they meant?

Rick Santorum during the aftermath of Lawrence v. Texas

""If the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual (gay) sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery. You have the right to anything."

Lawrence v. Texas was when the Supreme Court struck down
anti-sodomy laws.

He's spoken out many times against pre-marital sex as well as contraception.

You don't think there should be any exceptions for abortion?  Not even when the mother's life is in danger or when she was raped?  I get being against abortion as a form of birth control.  But when the mother's life is in danger, or when she was raped exceptions absolutely have to be made.  I'm personally pro-choice because banning abortions will only bring back the days when the clothes hanger was a symbol of terror for women, and in some cases their only option.  But I do understand why people are Anti-Choice.  I don't understand it when it doesn't include exceptions, however.  And especially if you ban contraception.

Believing that pre marital sex/contraception are immoral doesn't necessarily mean he thinks they should be against the law. It's not that I don't believe you, I just know how certain things can get twisted around sometimes and I'm having a hard time thinking the information you got is 100% accurate. 

And no, I don't believe in abortion in cases of rape. I personally know a lady who was conceived by rape and it's a great thing her mom chose life for her because she really is a wonderful lady. Once you acknowledge an unborn baby as being a human being just like the rest of us, just like you and me and our friends and our family, there is close to nothing that can justify killing him/her. In the case of an ectopic pregnancy where the baby and the mother are surely doomed to die anyway, then removing the damaged fallopian tube is not immoral. In other cases where the mother's life is in danger, the doctor may try to remove the baby in any safe way possible and do what they can to see if he/she is able to survive once out of the womb. But yeah, once you acknowledge them as human beings, it's hard to justify killing one innocent person to save another.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your thoughts on Satanism and the petition for a Satanic statue. - by Catholic_Lady - September 10, 2015 at 12:42 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Satanism seems fun FrustratedFool 50 3054 August 24, 2023 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  Petition UK Government Xygov 1 640 September 27, 2021 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Your thoughts on John Gray? Foxaèr 12 3245 May 14, 2018 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What are your thoughts on Richard Dawkins? NuclearEnergy 96 13417 December 6, 2017 at 3:06 am
Last Post: Bow Before Zeus
  Atheists, what are your thoughts on us Agnostics? NuclearEnergy 116 27766 November 30, 2017 at 12:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Thoughts On Atheism and Faith ray3400 107 13148 October 12, 2016 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: henryp
  Thoughts Torin 2 1038 August 18, 2016 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Remove Bishops from House of Lords - Petition Mr Greene 19 2141 February 9, 2016 at 10:48 am
Last Post: robvalue
  My thoughts on deepak chopra dyresand 4 1544 October 24, 2015 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: Darkstar
  Thoughts on origins Kingpin 54 8659 August 12, 2015 at 8:23 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude