Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove Bishops from House of Lords - Petition
Remove Bishops from House of Lords - Petition
Link to petition

A Petition to remove CofE bishops from the House of Lords (UK Parliament) is up.
100,000 signatures = formal debate in Parliament.

UK residents can register their support disestablishment (Secularism) here!
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
RE: Remove Bishops from House of Lords - Petition
Awesome! Count me in.

Signed.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Petition Map

The map makes for some interesting viewing too.
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Does it sully religion (being generous here in regards to CofE) to have them cheek by jowl with politicians ??

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Yeah, it's non-overlapping magistrates or something. Get them the fuck out, jowls and all.

I got a popup:

"People who signed this petition also signed 'time to wheel out the guillotine'."
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Given they tried to blame the Charlie Hebdo attack on Charlie Hebdo and have opposed every social movement in Britain since at least the Suffragettes I don't see how their position is justifiable. Their constituency (congregation) is under a million and dying off rapidly.
Whilst they may be the best of the protestants that doesn't set the bar very high, their association with other protestant groups does far more damage than politicians, and removing them will kick out some of the support for extremists like Christian Voice.

Hopefully we can also get the absurd Sunday trading laws removed to boot.
-Esquilax

Why does this infest my brain?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDnE-5lD7w8
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I wish I could sign with you.  Alas, as a Yank, we have our own problems with republicunt shitheads.
Although, while you're at it, it might be time to dump the house of fucking lords, too.
Although I am no fan of Henry VIII's church, one wonders how necessary it is to remove them.

The Church of England is fairly mild and inoffensive as far as Churches go. The agenda it advocates is likely no different from that of the UK Labour party.

Also, are not Church of England bishops servants of the state as well as the Church? They after all represent the Church that Queen Elizabeth II is the "head" of.

I might think differently if these bishops were advocating a theocracy, but as they are not, I think they should stay!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Petition UK Government Xygov 1 629 September 27, 2021 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Ex-Mormons/Fundamentalist Christians in the House LivingNumbers6.626 16 2092 July 15, 2016 at 12:06 am
Last Post: LivingNumbers6.626
  Your thoughts on Satanism and the petition for a Satanic statue. Catholic_Lady 373 56192 September 24, 2015 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Deepthunk
  A plea for petition for Asia Bibi! TheMessiah 10 2481 February 18, 2015 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Atheist Group Forces Grieving Mother To Remove Roadside Cross Yahweh 46 12280 March 13, 2014 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Petition the BSA to change its policy of discrimination kopper 15 5577 April 24, 2011 at 1:31 am
Last Post: reverendjeremiah
  Can Any God Build His Own House of Warship? sun 10 2976 March 11, 2011 at 9:32 am
Last Post: Zenith
  Nativity scene in my house! Thor 27 9428 December 23, 2010 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: Thor
  Darwin at the Abbey - Petition ruperty 6 3858 December 6, 2008 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: leo-rcc