Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists, what are your thoughts on us Agnostics?
Atheists, what are your thoughts on us Agnostics?
I am agnostic. I take a rather simple approach to this entire God thing. I personally see it as there is really no evidence to prove he exists, however, I also feel there is no evidence to prove that he does not exist. BUT...I do think that the lack of evidence of his existence sort of hints that it is more likely that a God does not exist. I believe it is scientifically irresponsible to say he does exist and vice versa. But like I said, due to the lack of evidence provided for that existence, it seems more likely that there is not a God.

I can understand why one would be an atheist for this reason. It really just does not make much sense for there to be a man in the sky.

I hope I am making sense. 

Yes, I have read the God delusion. It was a very interesting read and I think Richard Dawkins is a very smart man and makes some excellent points. I do think he is sort of an asshole though. [Sorry if I offended anyone with that statement].

I personally preferred "A brief history in time". 

Anyways, I digress. Rolleyes

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
RE: Atheists, what are your thoughts on us Agnostics?
Emotionally, I'm agnostic I suppose.

Intellectually it's atheist all the way.

The emotionally bit is my wanting a chance of seeing Brian again. An indulgence I grant myself . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Quote:however, I also feel there is no evidence to prove that he does not exist.

There is no evidence for unicorns, elves, or honest republicunts, either.  How do you feel about those?
(June 23, 2017 at 12:58 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:however, I also feel there is no evidence to prove that he does not exist.

There is no evidence for unicorns, elves, or honest republicunts, either.  How do you feel about those?

Good point there! 

"Honest Republicunts" that made my day

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
My thoughts on agnostics? Well I am both agnostic and an atheist. I guess I approve of something I agree with.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
Rest easy, IWM.  I have no problem with agnostics.  I feel that when they are ready they will let go with the other hand!

And I hope V. doesn't take that the wrong way!
I don't have much use for the term agnostic. It's been used by atheists to be able to identify themselves without having old ladies faint, but also for feeling superior to avowed atheists because you're supposedly having more nuanced views. The definition often used here is that gnostic/agnostic is completely independent from theist/atheist and merely states how firmly you believe something.

Science can't disprove unicorns so let's remain agnostic. Sure, good job being all nuanced, but what does that statement still mean? Who but a Taliban is not agnostic then?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(June 23, 2017 at 12:43 am)It_Was_me Wrote: I am agnostic. I take a rather simple approach to this entire God thing. I personally see it as there is really no evidence to prove he exists, however, I also feel there is no evidence to prove that he does not exist. BUT...I do think that the lack of evidence of his existence sort of hints that it is more likely that a God does not exist. I believe it is scientifically irresponsible to say he does exist and vice versa. But like I said, due to the lack of evidence provided for that existence, it seems more likely that there is not a God.

I can understand why one would be an atheist for this reason. It really just does not make much sense for there to be a man in the sky.

I hope I am making sense. 
Sure, you're making sense, as an agnostic atheist, like most atheists.  Personally, I agree that there is no evidence to prove gods exist (a bit of a mismatch in terms but I know what you mean), but I don't agree that there is no evidence that proves gods don't exist.  I'm not an agnostic atheist.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 23, 2017 at 1:24 am)Alex K Wrote: I don't have much use for the term agnostic. It's been used by atheists to be able to identify themselves without having old ladies faint, but also for feeling superior to avowed atheists because you're supposedly having more nuanced views. The definition often used here is that gnostic/agnostic is completely independent from theist/atheist and merely states how firmly you believe something.

Science can't disprove unicorns so let's remain agnostic. Sure, good job being all nuanced, but what does that statement still mean? Who but a Taliban is not agnostic then?

I wish I could give this at least 10 more kudos.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
Agnostic whats?
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Atheists and Agnostics that have child Eclectic 11 1184 August 28, 2022 at 3:36 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  All kind of Agnostics people Eclectic 4 508 August 25, 2022 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Atheists, whats your view on "Stefan Molyneux" Aneiu1 1 566 November 13, 2021 at 7:36 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Atheists: Your facade cant disguise Renio92 19 2187 September 2, 2020 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Atheists: What if Trump addressed your issues in America. Would you vote for him? Sanau 38 4458 March 30, 2020 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  What is your stance on magic fellow atheists ? tahaadi 42 4562 October 13, 2018 at 9:51 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Your thoughts on John Gray? Foxaèr 12 3174 May 14, 2018 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: brewer
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2198 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What are your thoughts on Richard Dawkins? NuclearEnergy 96 12973 December 6, 2017 at 3:06 am
Last Post: Bow Before Zeus
  Your favorite atheists (Fictional or real) NuclearEnergy 48 9371 December 4, 2017 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: Norfolk And Chance