Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 10:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the "There are so many interpretations of the Bible" claim is confused
RE: Why the "There are so many interpretations of the Bible" claim is confused
(November 1, 2015 at 1:48 am)Delicate Wrote:
(November 1, 2015 at 1:38 am)robvalue Wrote: Logical arguments are not evidence. They are only as true as their initial assumptions.

Textual accounts are evidence, just woefully insufficient evidence for a sceptic regarding the claims that are normally made.

Anecdotal accounts are also evidence, but again insufficient to a sceptic.

Unexplained phenomena are not evidence. They are simply unexplained.

Well, this is bullshit.

So-called "sceptics" are plenty happy to accept textual accounts in other cases. 

It's only skepticism because they have a problem with theism. At least have the integrity to admit that much.

maybe they have a problem with a 2000+ year old book of stories that look a lot like other myth stories throughout history you have a half God half human creature :jesus that concept came from greek mythology where gods had human wives and sons half human half God and took . you have to take into account the cultures of the times what evidence is there that   of it is all mythology creative writing and rumor and manipulation and politics ! nevermind that the catholic church you are relying on their honesty really havent recent events shown them to be manipulative liars ? there are several interpretations and additions long after jesus died the synoptic gospels were not even collected for several generations after his death all things are subject to the society the myths the attitudes of the people , the catholic church as it became more powerful had every reason to try and keep that power mixed with politics anything produced by 2000-6000 year old politics we have crappy corrupt politicians and we live in a modern secular society so be skeptical for that reason alone
Imagine there's no heaven It's easy if you try No hell below us Above us only sky Imagine all the people Living for today   FSM Grin   Imagine there's no countries It isn't hard to do Nothing to kill or die for And no religion too Imagine all the people Living life in peace You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you will join us And the world will be as one  - John Lennon

The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also  - Mark Twain

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the "There are so many interpretations of the Bible" claim is confused - by jenny1972 - November 1, 2015 at 6:47 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One God versus many T.J. 42 3213 December 6, 2021 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Why does there need to be a God? Brian37 41 7219 July 20, 2019 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  [Serious] Freemasons: why is there such a negative view of this group? GODZILLA 8 1446 February 4, 2019 at 6:43 am
Last Post: GODZILLA
  Why do some believers claim that all religions are just as good? Der/die AtheistIn 22 3929 June 25, 2018 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Satanic Bible vs Christian Bible ƵenKlassen 31 7758 November 27, 2017 at 10:38 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Why the Texas shooting is not evil, based on the bible Face2face 56 15831 November 16, 2017 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  What gives a religion the right to claim their fantasy is correct and the rest false? Casca 62 6712 November 20, 2016 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  How many churches/mosques/temples do you see everyday? Casca 23 3062 October 25, 2016 at 11:38 am
Last Post: TheRealJoeFish
  Can anyone please refute these verses of Quran (or at least their interpretations)? despair1 34 6237 April 24, 2016 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  why there are homosexuals lions? truth search 24 3720 December 22, 2015 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: ignoramus