Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] Freemasons: why is there such a negative view of this group?
Freemasons: why is there such a negative view of this group?
My great great great grandfather was a Freemason. And I can assure you, he was not involved in some kind of whacky conspiracy. Is this just a group that people like to place blame on? You know like how Jews are often used as scapegoats throughout history? What is the reasoning behind this. However, It is fair I should state that my relatives do not like to discuss this relative and him being involved with the group.
Better there than here where all my stuff is

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
RE: Freemasons: why is there such a negative view of this group?
(February 3, 2019 at 3:57 pm)GODZILLA Wrote: My great great great grandfather was a Freemason. And I can assure you, he was not involved in some kind of whacky conspiracy. Is this just a group that people like to place blame on? You know like how Jews are often used as scapegoats throughout history? What is the reasoning behind this. However, It is fair I should state that my relatives do not like to discuss this relative and him being involved with the group.

Part of "secrecy" is keeping it a secret from you. It's not a matter of conspiracy, but a matter of belief. Consider it a religion of some sort; a cult.
And mostly they required atheist members, I think that would immediately put them under the microscope as the "scapegoats" of the Oligrarchs' fuck ups.

Yes I forgot.
I can also describe them as a network of rich people trying to feel important by attending secret, closed meetings to discuss $
(February 3, 2019 at 4:19 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote:
(February 3, 2019 at 3:57 pm)GODZILLA Wrote: My great great great grandfather was a Freemason. And I can assure you, he was not involved in some kind of whacky conspiracy. Is this just a group that people like to place blame on? You know like how Jews are often used as scapegoats throughout history? What is the reasoning behind this. However, It is fair I should state that my relatives do not like to discuss this relative and him being involved with the group.

Part of "secrecy" is keeping it a secret from you. It's not a matter of conspiracy, but a matter of belief. Consider it a religion of some sort; a cult.
And mostly they required atheist members, I think that would immediately put them under the microscope as the "scapegoats" of the Oligrarchs' fuck ups.

Yes I forgot.
I can also describe them as a network of rich people trying to feel important by attending secret, closed meetings to discuss $

They mostly required atheist members? I thought they had to be initiated by swearing on whatever book is holy to them? And I thought that the fundamental founding principle of the order was that their order be a place where men of different faiths could talk to each other.
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.
(February 3, 2019 at 4:30 pm)Yonadav Wrote:
(February 3, 2019 at 4:19 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: Part of "secrecy" is keeping it a secret from you. It's not a matter of conspiracy, but a matter of belief. Consider it a religion of some sort; a cult.

Yes I forgot.

They mostly required atheist members? I thought they had to be initiated by swearing on whatever book is holy to them? And I thought that the fundamental founding principle of the order was that their order be a place where men of different faiths could talk to each other.

Freemasonry was basically a movement that  felt that God was man made.

(February 3, 2019 at 4:33 pm)GODZILLA Wrote:
(February 3, 2019 at 4:30 pm)Yonadav Wrote: They mostly required atheist members? I thought they had to be initiated by swearing on whatever book is holy to them? And I thought that the fundamental founding principle of the order was that their order be a place where men of different faiths could talk to each other.

Freemasonry was basically a movement that  felt that God was man made.

That's actually incorrect; one of the requirements for becoming a Mason is a belief in some sort of supreme being. From my understanding, you don't necessarily have to be a Christian but you have to believe in a god of some sort. Freemasons are very spiritual in their teachings and they're very religion-centric as an organization.

Why does the organization get such a bad rap? Conspiracy theorists. I think a big thing with all conspiracy theorists is having some ominous organization to blame the world's problems on, and Freemasons get the short straw because they're a "secret" society. In all reality, Freemasonry is just a frat club for grown men who get together, do silly rituals, learn about the organization's history, learn about the teachings of the organization, etc. etc. They all go out to eat together and I'm sure plenty of them do business together, so on and so forth. It's just a social club, really.

People often equate or associate Freemasonry with the Illuminati, which was a secret society in Bavaria in 1776 that was outlawed, along with Freemasonry and all other secret societies, by Bavarian ruler Charles Theodore. This, however, doesn't really make sense because the Bavarian Illuminati was notoriously anti-religious. The purpose of the Illuminati was to oppose superstition, combat the influence that religion had on people's lives and promote rational thought and skepticism. They certainly did not like the amount of power that the church had over the people during the time, which is why the Catholics pushed Theodore to pass the edict that banned secret societies. The Bavarian Illuminati and the Freemasons believed in and practiced completely different things, so I'm not sure where the idea comes from that the Illuminati has anything to do with Freemasons.

I guess the idea, according to many youtube conspiracy theorists, is that after the Illuminati and the Freemasons were forced to go underground because of the ban, the Illuminati sort of "joined forces" with the Freemasons to undermine and oppose the church and rid the world of religion. Once again, this makes no sense because the Freemasons are a religious/spiritual organization and the Illuminati was notoriously anti-religion. But I suppose facts aren't conspiracy theorists' strong suit. They basically believe that the Freemasons are secretly devil-worshippers that want to control the world; that they're secretly pulling the strings behind the scenes, controlling major world events and crap like that. It's all nonsense.

There's also the idea that the Illuminati still exists today, but this really doesn't make sense because if it did, it would probably be like the Freemasons in that they would just be out in the open; there's no reason to hide anymore because the church doesn't have the influence it did in the 18th century. If the Illuminati was still around they'd probably have a website.

So yea, it's just because of the conspiracies surrounding the organization. In reality it's just a glorified boys club that does philanthropy and donates to charities and does fund-raisers and stuff.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
Not much of a secret, they made a series in cooperation with Netflix.
Their secrets got out long before anyone ever heard of Netflix!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85dq13RDMys
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.
Yes but this series is made with them but conspiracy theorists will say that they just manipulated Netflix to put them in a good light.
(February 3, 2019 at 7:00 pm)PRJA93 Wrote:
(February 3, 2019 at 4:33 pm)GODZILLA Wrote: Freemasonry was basically a movement that  felt that God was man made.

That's actually incorrect; one of the requirements for becoming a Mason is a belief in some sort of supreme being. From my understanding, you don't necessarily have to be a Christian but you have to believe in a god of some sort. Freemasons are very spiritual in their teachings and they're very religion-centric as an organization.

Why does the organization get such a bad rap? Conspiracy theorists. I think a big thing with all conspiracy theorists is having some ominous organization to blame the world's problems on, and Freemasons get the short straw because they're a "secret" society. In all reality, Freemasonry is just a frat club for grown men who get together, do silly rituals, learn about the organization's history, learn about the teachings of the organization, etc. etc. They all go out to eat together and I'm sure plenty of them do business together, so on and so forth. It's just a social club, really.

People often equate or associate Freemasonry with the Illuminati, which was a secret society in Bavaria in 1776 that was outlawed, along with Freemasonry and all other secret societies, by Bavarian ruler Charles Theodore. This, however, doesn't really make sense because the Bavarian Illuminati was notoriously anti-religious. The purpose of the Illuminati was to oppose superstition, combat the influence that religion had on people's lives and promote rational thought and skepticism. They certainly did not like the amount of power that the church had over the people during the time, which is why the Catholics pushed Theodore to pass the edict that banned secret societies. The Bavarian Illuminati and the Freemasons believed in and practiced completely different things, so I'm not sure where the idea comes from that the Illuminati has anything to do with Freemasons.

I guess the idea, according to many youtube conspiracy theorists, is that after the Illuminati and the Freemasons were forced to go underground because of the ban, the Illuminati sort of "joined forces" with the Freemasons to undermine and oppose the church and rid the world of religion. Once again, this makes no sense because the Freemasons are a religious/spiritual organization and the Illuminati was notoriously anti-religion. But I suppose facts aren't conspiracy theorists' strong suit. They basically believe that the Freemasons are secretly devil-worshippers that want to control the world; that they're secretly pulling the strings behind the scenes, controlling major world events and crap like that. It's all nonsense.

There's also the idea that the Illuminati still exists today, but this really doesn't make sense because if it did, it would probably be like the Freemasons in that they would just be out in the open; there's no reason to hide anymore because the church doesn't have the influence it did in the 18th century. If the Illuminati was still around they'd probably have a website.

So yea, it's just because of the conspiracies surrounding the organization. In reality it's just a glorified boys club that does philanthropy and donates to charities and does fund-raisers and stuff.

Excellent analysis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Hate the sin, not the sinner" is such a logical fallacy Woah0 7 961 September 7, 2022 at 4:24 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Why does there need to be a God? Brian37 41 7010 July 20, 2019 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Group hallucinations Fake Messiah 12 1827 April 9, 2019 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Bishop setting up group to fight off 'evil forces' and recite prayers of exorcism Marozz 14 2571 October 11, 2018 at 5:19 am
Last Post: OakTree500
  Why does the Pope wear such funny clothing? GODZILLA 22 3272 June 27, 2018 at 2:24 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  How I view all the world's religions. Brian37 0 602 March 22, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Theists: would you view the truth? robvalue 154 18320 December 25, 2016 at 2:29 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Why is Religion such a big deal? ScienceAf 14 3432 August 21, 2016 at 11:03 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  why there are homosexuals lions? truth search 24 3654 December 22, 2015 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Religion invokes a One-sided World View Heat 24 6182 December 9, 2015 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Heat