Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 4:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the Texas shooting is not evil, based on the bible
Why the Texas shooting is not evil, based on the bible
Hello.

The disgusting Texas shooting that occurred recently got me thinking.

In the bible, God is said to wipe out the entire planet's animals (save for a Noah and family, and animal pairs)

I always wonder why theists love Gods that are clearly stated to fancy killing billions. 

Eg: Isaiah 45:7 says God creates all good and evil.

Now for the question: Is killing more and more humans a way for theists to get closer and closer to the bible God's kill count (i.e. closer and closer to God)? In that case, was Hitler an exceptionally good Christian?
RE: Why the Texas shooting is not evil, based on the bible
Well Hitler was an exceptionally fine xtian.  Had he won the war the church would have made him a saint.

But you are a bit late with pointing this out.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/conserv...-get-shot/

Quote:Conservative writer: God was ‘answering prayers’ of Texas victims by letting them get shot

Quote:Hans Fiene, a Lutheran pastor who is also a regular contributor to the right-wing website The Federalist, has written a new column in which he explains that allowing 26 people to die at the hands of a crazed gunman at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, this weekend was actually God’s way of answering their prayers.
That's some pretty damn twisted thinking, right there.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
INB4 poe confession.
Isn't that what the apocalypse is all about. 

Just be patient, they'll get to you, they are not quite sure when (seem to keep getting it wrong) but they'll get to you.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
People who get killed at church are lucky because they were raptured. They also count toward Yeshua's quota of believers who must be killed before he returns. So one day someone will be really lucky and be the final person who must be killed so that Yeshua can return and kill all life and destroy the world. It's all biblical.
I remember a speech by DUP founder and well known lunatic Ian Paisley in which he pointed out - at the height of the Troubles - that it wasn't a sin to kill Catholics, since that would get them to God that much sooner and they would realize how wrong they were. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 8, 2017 at 6:40 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I remember a speech by DUP founder and well known lunatic Ian Paisley in which he pointed out - at the height of the Troubles - that it wasn't a sin to kill Catholics, since that would get them to God that much sooner and they would realize how wrong they were. 

Boru

My fundie relatives have said the same thing to me. None of them have had the balls to try it so far.  Sleepy
(November 7, 2017 at 9:56 pm)Face2face Wrote: Hello.

The disgusting Texas shooting that occurred recently got me thinking.

In the bible, God is said to wipe out the entire planet's animals (save for a Noah and family, and animal pairs)

I always wonder why theists love Gods that are clearly stated to fancy killing billions. 

Eg: Isaiah 45:7 says God creates all good and evil.

Now for the question: Is killing more and more humans a way for theists to get closer and closer to the bible God's kill count (i.e. closer and closer to God)? In that case, was Hitler an exceptionally good Christian?

Clearly stated?

Clearly stated my foot.  Smile

Where is the evidence that God clearly stated this or that?
Where is the evidence that what is written in this or that book is what God said or if is true what is written in a particular book about God what about the correct interpretation of the words?

Are you aware that if you would face a judge in a court of law with no clear evidence you would lose the case?  Lightbulb  

Even if God created the good and evil are the human being that act using their free will not God.

(color mine)
...Responding to the murder of 26 Christian people in church by taking it as an opportunity to criticise their faith. The sociopathy is strong with this one.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evil God and anti-theodicy FrustratedFool 32 2264 August 21, 2023 at 9:28 am
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  Do people make evil? Interaktive 7 706 August 8, 2022 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Atheism, Gnosticism & the Problem of Evil Seax 86 5772 April 7, 2021 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  [Serious] Good vs Evil Losty 84 10223 March 8, 2021 at 4:33 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Bishop setting up group to fight off 'evil forces' and recite prayers of exorcism Marozz 14 2558 October 11, 2018 at 5:19 am
Last Post: OakTree500
  Why some humans are so evil: double standards and irreligion WinterHold 124 19859 January 28, 2018 at 5:38 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Satanic Bible vs Christian Bible ƵenKlassen 31 7552 November 27, 2017 at 10:38 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Mass shooting in a school? Need God. Mass shooting in a church?.... Chad32 54 11594 November 14, 2017 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The forces of good and evil are related Foxaèr 11 3550 October 2, 2017 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  The Problem of Evil combined with the problem of Free Will Aroura 163 45617 June 5, 2017 at 8:54 am
Last Post: Drich