Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 8:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My heart is breaking... I thought Christians are suppose to love "unconditionally"
RE: My heart is breaking... I thought Christians are suppose to love "uncondition...
@ kmthang, you've received advice mostly from the atheist here and some have given good advice and others I believe the majority have shown little care or compassion for your situation. Few Christians have responded because few Christians are here and I've been away with a project. I don't think the Christians have given much as advice but more to toot their horn or argue with each other.
I want to do it differently, first you got advice from an atheist that you changed and this is a fact, you are not the same person you were. So why do you expect her to love you when you are not the same person, would you love here if she changed in a way that was very disagreeable to you, maybe for a short time but at some time you would find that you can't love someone who is different thinking as you. She is different thinking than you are and at some point you will change the way you feel about her, I'm telling you this from many years of experience and knowing  how Christians believe. If you truly love her then why would you ask her to love someone who has changed, someone she feels she can't love, are you truly showing your love for people by expecting her to change just because you did. You believe that she should love unconditionally, yet you aren't showing unconditional love towards her, if you were, you would not ask her to change what she believes, you would unconditionally accept how she feels and move on.
I went through something akin to your experience and fought to know avail, looking back I wasted her time and mine. If she is making a stand for her beliefs honor them, if she has possibly found someone else let her go she has made up her mind, so either way you are more than likely out and Christ or someone else is in, I'm hoping it's Christ. You said she was not finished in exploring her belief, let her, don't try to change her just because you've changed, she has the same right you exercised and that's to find out what she needs in her life. With all this said if you two do completely separate you will find someone else, I did, others have and you will as long as you believe in love. Last thing I'm going to say, go back and examine what you've done to change your belief and see if you were correct in your change.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My heart is breaking... I thought Christians are suppose to love "uncondition... - by Godschild - January 6, 2016 at 1:21 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Not] Breaking news; Catholic church still hateful Nay_Sayer 18 1635 March 17, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I thought your god was keeping you safe rado84 331 29886 April 25, 2019 at 1:07 am
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 8086 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Paul's Writings Underpin Western Thought SteveII 232 17869 August 6, 2018 at 2:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  My current religious teacher isn't as good as I thought Der/die AtheistIn 10 2029 November 16, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: SaStrike
  You Put Absolutely NO Thought Into This Astonished 45 10119 August 28, 2017 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Love the Lord your God with all your heart ? Angrboda 144 23800 June 20, 2016 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31600 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  This Is More Complicated Than I Thought. Minimalist 1 1287 May 19, 2016 at 8:55 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Sad thought about Jesus. TrueChristian 130 22391 December 25, 2015 at 12:59 am
Last Post: popsthebuilder