Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 1:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I thought your god was keeping you safe
I thought your god was keeping you safe
Every now and then I keep hearing or reading news of "crimes" against the local churches. Yesterday I read about a bunch of kids who stole the donations box of a church in my country. Naturally the media called that "a major crime" but considering what criminals run and serve the church, I don't think stealing from a thief is a theft. Anyway, the article said there were 4 security cameras in that church and also (like many other churches around here) it had something in my language is called a "security roulette". IDK what it is called in English.

This brings me to the $1 million question - if your god keeps you safe, why:
• do you need cameras or that security thing from the above image?
• do you lock your car in the street or park it in a garage that has a lock?
• do you lock the door of your home?

That shows a serious lack of faith in your god. Therefore, all the so called "christians" are actually atheists.
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
RE: I thought your god was keeping you safe
(April 13, 2019 at 11:39 pm)rado84 Wrote: Every now and then I keep hearing or reading news of "crimes" against the local churches. Yesterday I read about a bunch of kids who stole the donations box of a church in my country. Naturally the media called that "a major crime" but considering what criminals run and serve the church, I don't think stealing from a thief is a theft. Anyway, the article said there were 4 security cameras in that church and also (like many other churches around here) it had something in my language is called a "security roulette". IDK what it is called in English.

That shows a serious lack of faith in your god. Therefore, all the so called "christians" are actually atheists.
It' s even more fun when a church gets destroyed by lightning, flooding, tornado or other " acts of God".

Smile
(April 13, 2019 at 11:39 pm)rado84 Wrote: Every now and then I keep hearing or reading news of "crimes" against the local churches. Yesterday I read about a bunch of kids who stole the donations box of a church in my country. Naturally the media called that "a major crime" but considering what criminals run and serve the church, I don't think stealing from a thief is a theft. Anyway, the article said there were 4 security cameras in that church and also (like many other churches around here) it had something in my language is called a "security roulette". IDK what it is called in English.

No Christianity doesn’t hold that it’s followers are any more safe than unbelievers:

“for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sendeth rain on the just and the unjust.”

Something that should be evident when gods own son wasn’t spared death by the romans.
(April 14, 2019 at 4:41 am)Acrobat Wrote:

No Christianity doesn’t  hold that it’s followers are any more safe than unbelievers:

“for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sendeth rain on the just and the unjust.”

Something that should be evident when gods own son wasn’t spared death by the romans.

That’s a fair point, but then why do Christians pray to god for things like sick babies, missing children, and deployed soldiers?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(April 14, 2019 at 4:41 am)Acrobat Wrote:

No Christianity doesn’t  hold that it’s followers are any more safe than unbelievers:

He didn't die, he got better after 3 days and then went home to his dad!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(April 14, 2019 at 4:47 am)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(April 14, 2019 at 4:41 am)Acrobat Wrote: No Christianity doesn’t  hold that it’s followers are any more safe than unbelievers:

That’s a fair point, but then why do Christians pray to god for things like sick babies, missing children, and deployed soldiers?

Jesus gave a model of what prayer out to look like, in the Lord’s Prayer. You know what’s absent in that prayer? Praying to avoid death, suffering, sick babies, missing children, etc....

Praying is not about changing Gods mind, but about the changing of ours, as evident in the Lord’s Prayer.
I remember seeing a woman standing in front of a destroyed building while being interviewed by a TV news crew. She had bandages in several places. Her words stunned me.

"Thank God more people weren't killed."

She was the pastor of the church that took a direct hit from a twister.
Yeah, you're bleeding to death so what do you do? Pray or phone for an ambulance? It gets on my tits all this divine protection nonsense, in any scenario no matter what, God always gets some credit from some people. It's very much like thanking Santa for your crappy Christmas jumper, while ignoring the fact that he abuses sleeping children, steals your biscuits and his Deer have shit on your lawn.
(April 14, 2019 at 8:04 am)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote: Yeah, you're bleeding to death so what do you do? Pray or phone for an ambulance? It gets on my tits all this divine protection nonsense, in any scenario no matter what, God always gets some credit from some people. It's very much like thanking Santa for your crappy Christmas jumper, while ignoring the fact that he abuses sleeping children, steals your biscuits and his Deer have shit on your lawn.

[Image: BSevr.jpg]
Reminds me of that Muslim proverb: "Trust in Allah, but tie up your camel." Naughty
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paul's Writings Underpin Western Thought SteveII 232 16921 August 6, 2018 at 2:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  How do you reconcile your god, the mass murderer? Bow Before Zeus 191 32521 December 14, 2017 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  My current religious teacher isn't as good as I thought Der/die AtheistIn 10 2002 November 16, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: SaStrike
  You Put Absolutely NO Thought Into This Astonished 45 9853 August 28, 2017 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Love the Lord your God with all your heart ? Angrboda 144 22678 June 20, 2016 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  This Is More Complicated Than I Thought. Minimalist 1 1273 May 19, 2016 at 8:55 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  My heart is breaking... I thought Christians are suppose to love "unconditionally" kmthang 118 20476 January 6, 2016 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Sad thought about Jesus. TrueChristian 130 21496 December 25, 2015 at 12:59 am
Last Post: popsthebuilder
  Happy thought about Jesus. BrianSoddingBoru4 36 5216 December 23, 2015 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  So what do you Christians like about your god belief/religion? Whateverist 44 9880 November 14, 2015 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady