Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Sad thought about Jesus.
Sad thought about Jesus.
Dear friends,

I have had a sad thought about my savior today.

I realize He is the word, He is the truth (Not Muhammad! Got it?!?!)

That being said, I realized he is much different from most of the Gods of history.

Take the Greek/Roman Gods for example. They weren't nice entities. But unlike Jesus, they doled out one's lot in the afterlife based upon their conduct on earth. Zeus never sent anyone to Hades for not believing in him. Jesus will do just that.

There doesn't seem to be "justice" in terms of Hell. Its basically, no matter what everyone deserves to be burned in tortured forever. It's just certain people with magic coupons (Christians) can escape that fate.

I realized... Jesus is the ONLY God who operates in this fashion.Not Thor, Not Shiva, Not Quezalcoatl. Only Jesus

It seems Jesus will barely take pity on those who died in the holocaust. As terrible as their suffering was in Aushwitz, it would be nothing compared to their suffering for rejecting Jesus. The Christian camp guards on the other hand... will be a-ok, as long as they believed in Jesus Angry

I am so depressed.. it almost makes me think you dark creatures have at least a point, though I will talk and pray about this issue with my pastor.
RE: Sad thought about Jesus.
Yeah there are parts in the new testament where Jesus acts a lot nicer than his dad did in the old testament. then there are parts where he acts as bad or worse. It's rather conflicting.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Well, here's a fact cheer you up. Jesus isn't real.

(I still think you're a Poe.)
The message is to believe and obey without exception.
Quote:Zeus never sent anyone to Hades for not believing in him. Jesus will do just that.

Well fuck jesus then.
All effort wasted thinking about Jesus is sad, almost as much as the person doing it.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
And of those people with the magic coupons (Christians), only those in the correct schism (out of over 40,000) will get kicked over the goal post, and then only the ones actually doing EVERYTHING absolutely correctly.

-so-

don't get too wistful about all the folks in hell, the chances are absolutely overwhelming you're going to be there too.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

"Zeus never sent anyone to Hades for not believing in him. Jesus will do just that."

Yep, Jesus/Yahweh/Holy Ghost is a total asshole monster, no doubt about that.  I couldn't possibly worship such a creature.

Of course, I don't believe any gods actually exist.  It's quite a relief.  
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
Funnily enough, I feel just as sad for Darth Vader...
He just mixed in with the wrong crowd... There was good in him...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
At least Vader destroyed the Sith at the end. According to Lucas, he's the real (retrofitted) hero of Star Wars.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I thought your god was keeping you safe rado84 331 28610 April 25, 2019 at 1:07 am
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Paul's Writings Underpin Western Thought SteveII 232 16957 August 6, 2018 at 2:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  My current religious teacher isn't as good as I thought Der/die AtheistIn 10 2004 November 16, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: SaStrike
  You Put Absolutely NO Thought Into This Astonished 45 9859 August 28, 2017 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  This Is More Complicated Than I Thought. Minimalist 1 1277 May 19, 2016 at 8:55 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  My heart is breaking... I thought Christians are suppose to love "unconditionally" kmthang 118 20490 January 6, 2016 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Happy thought about Jesus. BrianSoddingBoru4 36 5216 December 23, 2015 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Well i thought id put this here dyresand 3 1342 November 2, 2015 at 10:08 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Just thought id share this. dyresand 7 2805 July 21, 2015 at 1:41 pm
  The most logical thought ever dyresand 27 6368 May 16, 2015 at 9:50 am