Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 2, 2026, 12:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
"I disagree with you, but i don't think you're Hitler"
#19
RE: "I disagree with you, but i don't think you're Hitler"
If I may...

It doesnt help the ranks of the conservative leaning Christians that they have so many partial to fascist tendencies. They are actually saying that it is not "thou shalt not kill", but instead "thou shalt not murder". That way they can declare war on anyone and it suddenly becomes "legal", and okay in the eyes of their religion. Sure, their religion has many contradictions, but when you hear them publicly discussing things like this it is revolting to say the least.

I do agree that I would prefer talking with an easy going Christian over an uber conservative. I am easy going myself and have had great conversations with both types. But I would not trust being around those uber conservative types because they embrace many facets of Fascism, if not completely embracing them..and at the same time claiming they hate fascists. I even go over things with them like the 14 points of fascism and they fit into MANY of them, yet they find ways to excuse themselves of it.

I have many good friends who are Christian. Also, my website http://www.jesuschristarcade.com has gotten me many emails from easy going Christians who actually GOT the joke, and realise I wasnt just ragging on them, but on everyone. Hell, many of those Christians actually enjoyed playing my Super Jesus games and emailed me saying they enjoyed killing Allah in the game. So no, I dont automatically consider Christians or religious folk to be Hitler.

But you must admit there is a fascist element in many of the uber conservative Christians. I call them "Christian Nationalists". They scream "Christian Nation" all the time. Those are the ones I dispise.
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: "I disagree with you, but i don't think you're Hitler" - by reverendjeremiah - February 22, 2011 at 10:10 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Do you care what other atheists think of you? Secular Heckler 27 7259 September 7, 2026 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Do you think Atheists are stupid? Authari 121 32475 January 4, 2024 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Do you think God is authoritarian? ShinyCrystals 65 17498 December 9, 2023 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 2702 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball
  What do you think of LGBTQ2? SlimePumper 58 17771 February 18, 2019 at 5:19 am
Last Post: Agnostico
  Who do you think is best atheist of our times? GGG 70 19228 January 22, 2019 at 10:19 am
Last Post: GGG
  The "Hang On You Don't Understand The Scriptures' Excuse JackRussell 27 11819 July 11, 2017 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Do you think Science and Religion can co-exist in a society? ErGingerbreadMandude 137 65514 June 10, 2017 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: comet
  I fear hell, and this article made things worse for me. What do you guys think? arda101 26 9008 February 5, 2017 at 7:38 am
Last Post: Autolite
  Let us think why humanity developed several religions but only one science? Nishant 10 5317 January 4, 2017 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Minimalist



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)