Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think Atheists are stupid?
Do you think Atheists are stupid?
Real question here, I mean most people become Atheists because either one they're vexed at God or two because they can't reconcile their Faith with Science. So I ask you, in the scenario that you can't reconcile your faith with science does that make you smart that you ditched your old beliefs or does that make you an idiot because you couldn't conceive of a way in which you would still believe in God even if the book were verifiably proven to be wrong. Which leads us to the first scenario, you'd have to be vexed at God in order for you to stop believing in this force that governs the universe. Which means that in order to be vexed at someone you'd have to let your emotions control you, so in this light Atheists are just idiots who couldn't reconcile their faith with science and let their emotions control their line of thinking.

It wouldn't seem to me that these people are critical thinkers at all but people who lack the capacity for true critical thought otherwise surely they would be able to reconcile some belief in a power that is higher than them in this universe. Rather I feel they like to just stroke their own egos boasting themselves as intellectuals while berating someone as 'stupid' for cherishing their faith. Envy no doubt.
RE: Do you think Atheists are stupid?
If I’m vexed at god then I wouldn’t be an atheist!

Durp

There have been thousands of gods, can you be more specific as to which one?
(January 3, 2024 at 7:55 am)Authari Wrote: Real question here, I mean most people become Atheists because either one they're vexed at God or two because they can't reconcile their Faith with Science. So I ask you, in the scenario that you can't reconcile your faith with science does that make you smart that you ditched your old beliefs or does that make you an idiot because you couldn't conceive of a way in which you would still believe in God even if the book were verifiably proven to be wrong. Which leads us to the first scenario, you'd have to be vexed at God in order for you to stop believing in this force that governs the universe. Which means that in order to be vexed at someone you'd have to let your emotions control you, so in this light Atheists are just idiots who couldn't reconcile their faith with science and let their emotions control their line of thinking.

It wouldn't seem to me that these people are critical thinkers at all but people who lack the capacity for true critical thought otherwise surely they would be able to reconcile some belief in a power that is higher than them in this universe. Rather I feel they like to just stroke their own egos boasting themselves as intellectuals while berating someone as 'stupid' for cherishing their faith. Envy no doubt.

Wow, that hurt my feelings. You should send me lot's and lot's of thoughts and prayers.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Well I believe in God because fuck you that's why, I don't think I'm smarter than any of the people here though.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
Authari Wrote:people become Atheists because either one they're vexed at God

How does one get angry (vexed) at someone who doesn't exist? Are you angry at Robin Hood?

Authari Wrote:or two because they can't reconcile their Faith with Science

Yes, atheists can not reconcile magic with reality.

Authari Wrote:I feel they like to just stroke their own egos boasting themselves as intellectuals while berating someone as 'stupid' for cherishing their faith.

And what are you stroking on yourself by calling atheists stupid?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
This thread belongs in the "Stupid things Religious People Say" thread.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(January 3, 2024 at 7:55 am)Authari Wrote: Real question here, I mean most people become Atheists because either one they're vexed at God or two because they can't reconcile their Faith with Science. So I ask you, in the scenario that you can't reconcile your faith with science does that make you smart that you ditched your old beliefs or does that make you an idiot because you couldn't conceive of a way in which you would still believe in God even if the book were verifiably proven to be wrong. Which leads us to the first scenario, you'd have to be vexed at God in order for you to stop believing in this force that governs the universe. Which means that in order to be vexed at someone you'd have to let your emotions control you, so in this light Atheists are just idiots who couldn't reconcile their faith with science and let their emotions control their line of thinking.

they can't reconcile their Faith with Science?? I don't have a faith to reconcile, and never did have

If a god made everything then where was he/it before he made it?
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(January 3, 2024 at 10:26 am)zebo-the-fat Wrote:

they can't reconcile their Faith with Science??   I don't have a faith to reconcile, and never did have

If a god made everything then where was he/it before he made it?

Outside of time and space.
"Imagination, life is your creation"

One significant aspect of critical thought is the rejection of propositions for which there are no sufficient reason for believing them to be true. 

But to answer your main question, I’m happy to stipulate that some atheists are stupid. I know atheists who believe in astrology, for example, which is a mind-numbingly stupid thing to do.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid things Atheists say... Authari 26 1160 January 9, 2024 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Do you think God is authoritarian? ShinyCrystals 65 3083 December 9, 2023 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What do atheists think of pagans and wiccans Woah0 56 3867 September 18, 2022 at 5:32 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 985 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball
  What do you think of LGBTQ2? SlimePumper 58 7038 February 18, 2019 at 5:19 am
Last Post: Agnostico
  Who do you think is best atheist of our times? GGG 70 7337 January 22, 2019 at 10:19 am
Last Post: GGG
  Atheists: What would you say to a dying child who asks you if they'll go to heaven? DodosAreDead 91 11364 November 2, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Why Are Xtians So Stupid? Minimalist 31 4341 October 7, 2018 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Why Are Atheists so Stupid Neo-Scholastic 125 15493 October 7, 2018 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2200 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet