Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2026, 9:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
"I disagree with you, but i don't think you're Hitler"
#91
RE: "I disagree with you, but i don't think you're Hitler"
(March 2, 2011 at 4:50 pm)Rwandrall Wrote: The thing i want to avoid most of all is categorizing theists as "irrational" and atheists as "rational". No general rule, no white and black, only shades of gray.

I think DvF was just saying that while theists are more irrational than atheists, we are all irrational at various times and in various ways.
Our Daily Train blog at jeremystyron.com

---
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea | By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown | Till human voices wake us, and we drown. — T.S. Eliot

"... man always has to decide for himself in the darkness, that he must want beyond what he knows. ..." — Simone de Beauvoir

"As if that blind rage had washed me clean, rid me of hope; for the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world. Finding it so much like myself—so like a brother, really—I felt that I had been happy and that I was happy again." — Albert Camus, "The Stranger"
---
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: "I disagree with you, but i don't think you're Hitler" - by everythingafter - March 2, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Do you care what other atheists think of you? Secular Heckler 27 7240 September 7, 2026 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Do you think Atheists are stupid? Authari 121 32438 January 4, 2024 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Do you think God is authoritarian? ShinyCrystals 65 17467 December 9, 2023 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 2695 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball
  What do you think of LGBTQ2? SlimePumper 58 17749 February 18, 2019 at 5:19 am
Last Post: Agnostico
  Who do you think is best atheist of our times? GGG 70 19212 January 22, 2019 at 10:19 am
Last Post: GGG
  The "Hang On You Don't Understand The Scriptures' Excuse JackRussell 27 11811 July 11, 2017 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Do you think Science and Religion can co-exist in a society? ErGingerbreadMandude 137 65473 June 10, 2017 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: comet
  I fear hell, and this article made things worse for me. What do you guys think? arda101 26 9001 February 5, 2017 at 7:38 am
Last Post: Autolite
  Let us think why humanity developed several religions but only one science? Nishant 10 5316 January 4, 2017 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Minimalist



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)