Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 10:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the whole Adam and Eve Fall story makes no sense
Why the whole Adam and Eve Fall story makes no sense
(March 29, 2016 at 7:58 pm)1994Californication Wrote:
(March 29, 2016 at 7:10 pm)Godschild Wrote:  God has proven to me He is real, leaving no doubts or worries, He proved himself to me through answered prayer explaining the Bible to me, answers no one could have given me not even myself.

Even many atheist believe that there was a man named Jesus who was written about in the scriptures. Then if there was certain proof, you would be a believer without the faith, and God gave us free will and faith to show our love for Him.

God makes the sun shine on good people and bad people, the rain to fall on the good and bad. No one is exempt from the bad or the good. Many Christians suffer from doing God's work, work that needs to be done to help those in need, this is not punishment by any means. The Jews as a whole have suffered for rejecting the Messiah sent through them to all man kind, one day they will be restored, actually it's already begun. The nation of Israel is the only one that has ever been restored after nearly 2000 years, no other country has ever come close to this, most never are restored, strange isn't it that this prophecy in the scriptures has come to pass, a book that most atheist believes holds no truth.

GC

Your position is ... one where there is a god who has an important message for mankind, and somehow he only reveals it to certain individuals who then write this down and thousands of years after this initial revelation, we have to rely on copies of copies of translations of copies by anonymous authors with no originals, and the textual testimony to a miracle, for example the loaves and fishes; there’s no amount of reports - anecdotal testimonial reports - that could be sufficient to justify that this event actually happened as reported. No amount. And anything that would qualify as a god would clearly understand this, and if it wanted to convey this information to people in a way that was believable, would not be relying on text to do so, and this for me is the nail in the coffin for Christianity. The god that Christians believe in is amazingly stupid if it wants to actually achieve its goal of spreading this information to humanity by relying on text; by relying on languages that die out; by relying on anecdotal testimony. That's not a pathway to truth! And anything that would qualify for a god should know this, which means either that God doesn’t exist or it doesn't care enough about those people who understand the nature of evidence to actually present it. Now which of those possibilities do you think is accurate?" ... "Why would you believe anything on faith? Faith isn't a pathway to truth. Every religion has some sort of faith, people take things on, you know, - if faith is your pathway, you can't distinguish between Christianity, Hinduism, Judaism, any of these others. How is it that you use reason as a path to truth in every endeavor of your life, and then when it comes to the ‘ultimate truth’ - the most important truth - you're saying that faith is required. And how does that reflect on a god (who supposedly exists and wants you to have this information); what kind of god requires faith instead of evidence? ... I have reasonable expectations based on evidence. I have trust that has been earned. I will grant trust tentatively. I don't have faith. Faith is the excuse people give for believing something when they don't have evidence.

Matt D! [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 

Messages In This Thread
Why the whole Adam and Eve Fall story makes no sense - by LadyForCamus - March 30, 2016 at 9:47 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Get your story straight LinuxGal 1 966 November 29, 2022 at 5:26 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] The Story John 6IX Breezy 115 10537 November 21, 2022 at 12:39 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  What do Catholics think of Frollo from "Hunchback of Notre Dame" story? Woah0 2 637 August 26, 2022 at 9:46 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Adam & Eve T.J. 4 1113 November 6, 2021 at 11:49 am
Thumbs Down The story of Noah' s Ark - or - God is dumber than you. onlinebiker 75 7461 September 24, 2021 at 5:53 pm
  The 500 & Common Sense. Jehanne 53 4421 June 29, 2021 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  The ridiculous story of the temptation of Jesus Simon Moon 24 2738 March 4, 2021 at 6:05 am
Last Post: GUBU
  angel story video form Drich 107 11074 April 23, 2020 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Drich
  The Jesus story has details that is most definitely made up i just realized!!! android17ak47 126 9600 October 12, 2019 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  The Adam & Eve Myth - Origins Gwaithmir 125 14558 July 13, 2019 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Jehanne