Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 6, 2026, 1:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Pfizer withdraws drugs from being used in executions
#46
RE: Pfizer withdraws drugs from being used in executions
(May 15, 2016 at 4:40 pm)abaris Wrote:
(May 15, 2016 at 3:44 pm)Aroura Wrote: I do not believe in incarceration as a form of punishment. I don't even believe in punishment as a form of corrections.

Oh, I do believe that certain people have to be removed from society. For how long is up for debate. I do believe however that the ultimate goal of any incarceration has to be correction. Let them get some degree, let them train at some job, offer them medical help if they're hooked on some drug. Try to make them fit for society. Most crimes are commited because the perps haven't got any perspective in life, because they need money for drugs.

You can remove people form society, but PUNISHMENT should not be the reason.  It should be to keep society safe, given no better options.

I only disagree with it as a form of punishment, I don't disagree with it entirely.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: Pfizer withdraws drugs from being used in executions - by Aroura - May 15, 2016 at 5:22 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  China is also being shaked Leonardo17 1 955 November 30, 2022 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  Are executions making the US look bad? Jehanne 33 7700 May 18, 2022 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Still pinching myself over Kamala being VP. Jackie 43 10377 June 8, 2021 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: Irreligious Atheist
  UK approves Pfizer's vaccine Kitan Etos 0 637 December 2, 2020 at 8:37 am
Last Post: Kitan Etos
  Anybody got any Pfizer stock they don't need? Gawdzilla Sama 30 6063 November 12, 2020 at 8:19 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Panel of Karens pulls a Karen on being a karen tackattack 21 4934 August 7, 2020 at 8:52 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  AOC Pushes To Make It Easier To Study Shrooms And Other Psychedelic Drugs EgoDeath 8 2361 November 9, 2019 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  The muller investigation being investigated! Drich 44 9933 November 7, 2019 at 2:56 am
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  No more executions in California? Jehanne 0 721 March 14, 2019 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  See, In This I Think They Are Being Unfair To the WLB Minimalist 12 4616 December 6, 2018 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)