Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AOC Pushes To Make It Easier To Study Shrooms And Other Psychedelic Drugs
AOC Pushes To Make It Easier To Study Shrooms And Other Psychedelic Drugs
The title of the thread is directly quoted from the title of the following article.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomangell/2...dab6b01002

Quote:Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) filed legislation on Friday to remove a legal barrier that scientists say makes it unnecessarily difficult for them to study the medical benefits of psychedelic drugs like psilocybin and MDMA.

The measure, which is an amendment to a large-scale appropriations bill funding parts of the government for Fiscal Year 2020, would delete a longstanding rider that prohibits spending federal money for "any activity that promotes the legalization of any drug or other substance in Schedule I" of the Controlled Substances Act.

I applaud AOC here. The benefits of psilocybin and other tryptamines, as well as entheogens like MDMA, are well-documented. As some of you may already know, LSD-25, under the named Delysid, was used in the 1950s and 1960s in psychiatry and beyond, with countless individuals talking about how the experiences changed their lives. MDMA has also been used in the treatment of PTSD, and now days, Ketamine, a dissociative hallucinogen (similar to PCP in perceived effects) that's also used in anesthesia, is used in treatments for depression.

Granted, the use of psychedelic hallucinogens and other hallucinogens is not without any risk, but that's why research into these treatments and the substances used in them is so important.

I think it's silly that the government tries to put such restrictions on research and I suppose it's the remnants of old, traditional ways of thinking that hold us back in more ways than one.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
RE: AOC Pushes To Make It Easier To Study Shrooms And Other Psychedelic Drugs
https://hopkinspsychedelic.org/

I think psilocybin will be the best medical treatment for depression in the coming years. We're going to look back at current antidepressants and say, "Yikes. Good start, but... yikes."
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
I prefer to do my own in depth research.[Image: Thumbs%20Up.png]
(November 8, 2019 at 2:34 pm)EgoDeath Wrote: The title of the thread is directly quoted from the title of the following article.

Quote:Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) filed legislation on Friday to remove a legal barrier that scientists say makes it unnecessarily difficult for them to study the medical benefits of psychedelic drugs like psilocybin and MDMA.

The measure, which is an amendment to a large-scale appropriations bill funding parts of the government for Fiscal Year 2020, would delete a longstanding rider that prohibits spending federal money for "any activity that promotes the legalization of any drug or other substance in Schedule I" of the Controlled Substances Act.

I applaud AOC here. The benefits of psilocybin and other tryptamines, as well as entheogens like MDMA, are well-documented. As some of you may already know, LSD-25, under the named Delysid, was used in the 1950s and 1960s in psychiatry and beyond, with countless individuals talking about how the experiences changed their lives. MDMA has also been used in the treatment of PTSD, and now days, Ketamine, a dissociative hallucinogen (similar to PCP in perceived effects) that's also used in anesthesia, is used in treatments for depression.

Granted, the use of psychedelic hallucinogens and other hallucinogens is not without any risk, but that's why research into these treatments and the substances used in them is so important.

I think it's silly that the government tries to put such restrictions on research and I suppose it's the remnants of old, traditional ways of thinking that hold us back in more ways than one.

I wonder how many other advanced countries restricts basic scientific fact finding in the name of morality.
Morality is the pretext, profit is the motive.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 8, 2019 at 7:09 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(November 8, 2019 at 2:34 pm)EgoDeath Wrote: The title of the thread is directly quoted from the title of the following article.

I wonder how many other advanced countries restricts basic scientific fact finding in the name of morality.

Regarding research into psychotropic drugs, 182 total.  You can sort out how many are 'advanced'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Legalize shrooms and let the private sector do the research.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

A quick google search indicates that the amendment was rejected/failed. This was back in June. 

I would like to see what the wording of the proposed amendment.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 8, 2019 at 10:35 pm)brewer Wrote: A quick google search indicates that the amendment was rejected/failed. This was back in June. 

I would like to see what the wording of the proposed amendment.

The world ain't ready yet. Need more successful trials from the ones already studying it + a more open-minded electorate. Itll be years, probably
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some Gays Can Go Straight, Study Says WinterHold 262 16483 March 28, 2023 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The other problem with electric vehicles onlinebiker 22 1331 August 19, 2021 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Biden condemned by AOC over detention center. Brian37 20 897 March 2, 2021 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  [Serious] Far right seizing COVID-19 ‘opportunity’ to expand: Study WinterHold 8 500 November 23, 2020 at 4:21 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  I love AOC part 2 bennyboy 108 6187 April 7, 2019 at 7:22 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  I think I have a crush on AOC bennyboy 25 4163 March 19, 2019 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  I don't like AOC and her fake new fans part 1 Drich 12 1592 February 20, 2019 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Which fucking moron chooses to wage war on all other major powers at once? Anomalocaris 16 1584 June 1, 2018 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  So Republicunts Are Only Against Abortion For Other People Minimalist 5 1177 April 13, 2018 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Trump Adminstration Pushes Abstinence Only Sex Education The Industrial Atheist 35 4057 April 9, 2018 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Martian Mermaid