Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 10:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Just When You Thought Arizona Couldn't Get Stupider...
RE: Just When You Thought Arizona Couldn't Get Stupider...
(April 13, 2011 at 11:32 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote:
Skipper Wrote:Sae, this is getting boring, we really arguing the same points over and over, and I agree with you, in the context of your country that you should have the freedom to own a firearm, but I don't think you are seeing there is an alternative for Britain, that DOES work.

I simply do not believe it does work. Maybe you brits are indoctrinated somehow into being better citizens... because if we stuck america's people into britain you'd have so many murders you'd have to quintuple your police force to even stand a chance Tongue

It's not indoctrination, just we as a society have decided we don't want everyone armed. And with our very low gun crime rates it DOES seem to be working. You can believe it dosen't all you want, I can see first hand it does.

Quote:You are using examples of bent cops in the states as another reason why you need a gun but fail to see it's not relevant for the point im arguing... British cops don't carry guns, so it's not a reason why we should need them.
Quote:I used one example of that... however i didn't know that british cops didn't have guns. Now I am frankly curious how there isn't blood running the river Thames. Tongue

BECAUSE NOBODY HAS GUNS!!!! AHHHHHHHH.

We don't have an armed police force, we don't have an armed population. Guns are not part of our culture.

I know you said in another thread you didn't have geography classes in high school, but you are aware there is a world outside the U.S with different laws, cultures and people yes? I have understood why the U.S is like the way it is when it comes to guns, and have agreed fully as to why you would feel the need to be armed. However, it would be nice if you could at least try and do the same with my country without implying we are against freedom, we are some how indoctrinated and we are some how being repressed because we don't have an armed population...we WILLINGLY do not want that. We do not need that.

Please try and see,

in a country where everyone is allowed to be armed, of course it makes sense to be armed.

in a country where nobody is allowed to be armed, and next to nobody is, what sense is there in wanting to/actually arming yourself!?

I have never once felt threatened in England apart from say a couple of drunken arguments or small scraps (that if people were armed, could have easily got a lot more serious) , never once has it crossed my mind that someone approaching me, even late at night, could be armed, I've never seen anyone with a gun, a knife or any weapon in the streets. It just makes no sense when we fortunately live in a country that has worked hard to make sure the threat of being gunned down is among the lowest in the world to then say "everyone should have the right to now be armed in the name of freedom".

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just When You Thought Arizona Couldn't Get Stupider... - by Skipper - April 14, 2011 at 6:39 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 1828 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  I'm starting to just get exhausted of this adminstration what about you? GODZILLA 34 3446 December 8, 2018 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Just when I thought that Donald Trump could not get any dumber... Jehanne 16 2244 November 27, 2018 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay
  How Crazy Is Arizona? Minimalist 19 1888 November 13, 2018 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  It's Just One Vote and It's Just One Carbon Footprint Duty 16 1084 October 26, 2018 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  That's odd...I thought we were a nation of laws? GODZILLA 24 5018 June 25, 2018 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Just Don't Get Sick! Minimalist 6 867 June 19, 2018 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight Minimalist 0 340 June 5, 2018 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  This Is The Kind Of Dumb Shit We Get Running in Arizona Minimalist 7 1282 May 20, 2018 at 8:15 am
Last Post: brewer
  Dear Texass, This Is What You Get For Not Regulating Corporations Minimalist 16 2000 March 16, 2018 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger