Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 2, 2026, 3:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
You're not the boss of me!
#21
RE: You're not the boss of me!
(June 14, 2016 at 10:38 pm)Losty Wrote: What are things people tell you to do and just expect you to do it without even asking if you want to?

This is an issue I struggle with at school. It's not really people asking me to do things that bothers me. I'll help anyone out if I'm available to. But what irks me is the constant asking to borrow my supplies. Outside of what we received in our kits from school and over the last nearly year that I've been there, I have probably put close to $800 worth of my own supplies and better tools in my kit. So much so that I now use a fairly large piece of luggage to haul everything back and forth to school.

I spend my own money on the better stuff for me. Not for everyone else to use. There are some girls there that I honestly, just can't fucking stand. But I try to keep the peace so as to not cause friction and drama. The one thing that really pissed me off was one girl asked to borrow my nail kit - not the one from school, but the one that I had spent over $300 on. Much better stuff than what's in the schools dispensary. I didn't mind letting her use it, but she then took it upon herself to let three other people help themselves to what was in my kit. Without asking me. It took me over a week before I was able to have words with her about it because honestly, I didn't know how to approach her without coming off like some sort of a bitch about it.

Needless to say, now when people ask to borrow my stuff, I tell them that I need it for a client (or to work on my skill sheets) or some other excuse. Either that or I pretend that I don't hear them. I'm not trying to be rude, but it gets tiring being the one everyone (even those who I know don't like me) asks to borrow my stuff.

Bottom line is that we're all expected to bring our own stuff to school. If I can do it, why can't they?


The only other thing I hated, which I put a stop to, was the fact that some people would ask me if I could give them a ride home. The first time I did it, I was fine with it. But then other people started asking and when I asked for gas money, they were like "I don't have any". Well sorry - I can't help you. My money is tight too and I'm not trying to run people home all over town without some sort of compensation for my gas. There's the bus. Go catch it.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Reply



Messages In This Thread
You're not the boss of me! - by Losty - June 14, 2016 at 10:38 pm
RE: You're not the boss of me! - by J a c k - June 14, 2016 at 10:46 pm
RE: You're not the boss of me! - by ignoramus - June 14, 2016 at 10:50 pm
RE: You're not the boss of me! - by Losty - June 14, 2016 at 10:52 pm
RE: You're not the boss of me! - by The Valkyrie - June 14, 2016 at 11:02 pm
RE: You're not the boss of me! - by ignoramus - June 14, 2016 at 11:52 pm
RE: You're not the boss of me! - by The Valkyrie - June 14, 2016 at 11:53 pm
RE: You're not the boss of me! - by Losty - June 14, 2016 at 10:51 pm
RE: You're not the boss of me! - by ignoramus - June 14, 2016 at 10:53 pm
RE: You're not the boss of me! - by J a c k - June 14, 2016 at 11:23 pm
RE: You're not the boss of me! - by Losty - June 14, 2016 at 10:57 pm
RE: You're not the boss of me! - by Minimalist - June 14, 2016 at 11:03 pm
RE: You're not the boss of me! - by Losty - June 14, 2016 at 11:07 pm
RE: You're not the boss of me! - by Minimalist - June 14, 2016 at 11:16 pm
RE: You're not the boss of me! - by The Valkyrie - June 14, 2016 at 11:15 pm
RE: You're not the boss of me! - by ignoramus - June 15, 2016 at 12:01 am
RE: You're not the boss of me! - by The Valkyrie - June 15, 2016 at 12:03 am
RE: You're not the boss of me! - by ignoramus - June 15, 2016 at 12:38 am
RE: You're not the boss of me! - by The Valkyrie - June 15, 2016 at 12:40 am
RE: You're not the boss of me! - by dyresand - June 15, 2016 at 2:23 am
RE: You're not the boss of me! - by Joods - June 15, 2016 at 2:52 am
RE: You're not the boss of me! - by Thumpalumpacus - June 15, 2016 at 3:05 am
RE: You're not the boss of me! - by Jello - June 15, 2016 at 2:20 pm
RE: You're not the boss of me! - by Spirian - June 15, 2016 at 2:29 pm
RE: You're not the boss of me! - by Losty - June 15, 2016 at 2:34 pm
RE: You're not the boss of me! - by Spirian - June 15, 2016 at 2:36 pm
RE: You're not the boss of me! - by Losty - June 15, 2016 at 2:42 pm
RE: You're not the boss of me! - by Spirian - June 15, 2016 at 2:47 pm
RE: You're not the boss of me! - by Losty - June 15, 2016 at 2:49 pm
RE: You're not the boss of me! - by Regina - June 15, 2016 at 3:11 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you NOT know today that you knew yesterday? The Valkyrie 11 3838 October 31, 2024 at 3:54 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Do not dumb here. Not a dumb area. no one 16 4529 June 5, 2020 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  Bit of fun: Maverick vs. Boss robvalue 1 1020 December 20, 2016 at 10:15 am
Last Post: paulpablo
  Deffo kinda chicken, but not chicken enough not to ever... c172 17 7868 August 16, 2016 at 7:55 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Even if you choose not to believe in Spiderman, you’re actually believing in him. AkiraTheViking 23 6516 May 31, 2016 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
  the boss checked my computer history and saw AF drfuzzy 64 19377 April 28, 2016 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: Society
  need a little support - bad boss day drfuzzy 21 8189 February 28, 2016 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  which member you choose to be if you're not you ? Marsellus Wallace 33 10353 May 19, 2015 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Dystopia
  What sites are in your toolbar- where do you go when you are not here? professor 30 8783 September 2, 2014 at 4:11 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  "If you're not a Feminist, you're a Sexist" MJ the Skeptical 101 39046 April 14, 2014 at 3:25 am
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)