Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 5:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mother and son in New Mexico face jail time for incestuous relationship
RE: Mother and son in New Mexico face jail time for incestuous relationship
(August 11, 2016 at 1:36 pm)Losty Wrote:
(August 11, 2016 at 1:21 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: It's hard to see tone and inflection in written word unless it's accompanied by tons of emoticons. I wasn't implying that people here don't have common sense. I was trying to say, and I guess I worded it wrong, was that, for the most part, we, as humans, are not attracted to our own family members for a reason. I don't know... my personal feelings on it is that "ya just don't go there", but again, what two consenting people do is none of my business. I'd just feel sorry for any kids that might be born as a result. And any adult in a position of shaping and molding another human being, should really know better.

We talk all the time in the religious forum sections about how Lot slept with his own daughters and the wrongness with it. How is this any different than that? If we take issues with a bible telling a story of incest and we jump all over theists for believing in such a story, then turn around and do a complete about face and say, "well, this mother and son are consenting adults so they can do what they want", doesn't that pretty much put us in a "pot calling the kettle black" situation? We can't be okay with one situation and not okay with the other.

Maybe it would just be better to take a neutral stance on it and let those actually involved in those kinds of relationships, figure it out for themselves. The laws should get thrown out because hell, gun laws don't stop criminals from using guns, so how would any of these incest laws actually prevent incest?

My moral stance and my legal stance are completely different stances because I don't think it's ok to force morals via laws. I don't know that I would agree that all incest is morally wrong...but it's definitely not for me. I don't think it should be illegal, but not because the illegality doesn't stop people from doing it. Just because...adults should be allowed to make their own choices as long as they're not harming others.

How can your morals not align with your views on legal matters, though? That doesn't make any sense.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mother and son in New Mexico face jail time for incestuous relationship - by Excited Penguin - August 11, 2016 at 1:50 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Caroline Farrow got arrested, spending 5 hours in jail. Jehanne 2 730 October 18, 2022 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Taliban warns US not to 'destabilise' new Afghan regime in face-to-face talks WinterHold 24 1920 October 12, 2021 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Subway crash in Mexico City. Brian37 11 994 May 4, 2021 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Face coverings in public banned Foxaèr 10 827 March 10, 2021 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Irish government to apologise over mother-and-baby homes zebo-the-fat 6 529 January 12, 2021 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Bus Driver who raped 14-year old gets no Jail TIme Divinity 4 605 April 30, 2019 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Nuns steal ~$500k from school for Vegas trips - face no charges Fidel_Castronaut 15 1469 December 11, 2018 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Like Father Like Son-In-Law Minimalist 1 376 October 14, 2018 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: Joods
  t.A.T.u.'s Faux-Lesbian Singer Wouldn't Accept a Gay Son WinterHold 15 1681 August 3, 2018 at 4:53 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Preist slaps crying baby in the face at baptism LadyForCamus 46 5911 June 25, 2018 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball