Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 29, 2024, 8:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do atheists claim that the concept of God is so unlikely
RE: Why do atheists claim that the concept of God is so unlikely
Ahhh...a creationist... How unoriginal... -.-

(December 30, 2016 at 4:02 am)Yadayadayada Wrote:
Quote:"Ah... another proponent of the god-of-the-gaps theory."
Theists are not proponents of the "god-of-the-gaps" theory since the "gaps" you speak of are part of the atheist belief system.
There is so much wrong in that one sentence that I'd probably need a whole thread just to explain and you'd probably remain equally wrong...so why bother?

Quote:"if a god is Real, then that god is a part of Reality. If something is a part of Reality, then Science will, sooner or later, somehow, get to it."
Not according to US National Academy of Sciences: “Science can say nothing about the supernatural. Whether God exists or not is a question about which science is neutral.”
Well, guess what? I'm a non-US scientist, so I don't particularly care for what those people said about the subject. I'm sure there's some political agenda behind it, in order to keep the peace.

Quote:"Now, the tricky bit for you believers"
Actually, this question is far trickier for atheists.
Lol.

Quote:"The god concept appeared in the human mind thousands of years ago, when no science was really available."
The question here is, how did the concept of God "appear" in the human mind in the first place?
You say these ignorant things and then complain when people say you're ignorant, shouting "ad-hominem!".

I said "the god concept", not "the concept of God".
Notice the difference? No?
Perhaps the ad-hominem is justified, then...

Quote:"What is more likely, given what we can all observe nowadays: that the concept was invented by human imagination or that a god actually appeared and imparted the information onto mankind?"
The latter is more likely, given that such a complex, highly intelligent entity could not have been invented by the imagination of primitive, nomadic sheep-herders.
See what I mean?
I could say many things about your reasoning skills, but instead I'll just say: your "concept of God" is the result of an evolution of "the god concept".
And you'll never understand this.

(December 30, 2016 at 4:02 am)Yadayadayada Wrote: As our scientific understanding has increased, we see now more than ever how accurate the Bible is when it touches on scientific matters. This is far beyond the abilities of the men who wrote it all those years ago.
Funny how the Muslims say the exact same thing about the Quran...

(December 30, 2016 at 4:02 am)Yadayadayada Wrote: As an example, consider that the Bible demonstrated knowledge of microbiology thousands of years in advance of scientific discovery when it commanded the Israelites to bury their excrement in the ground. This was when when the most scientifically advanced civilization on earth at the time, the Egyptians, were rubbing faeces on open wounds to heal them.
Different practices in different parts of the world are nothing uncommon.
Some of us shit sitting on porcelain, some shit squatting to a hole, and some do it behind a tree.
You seem to be judging ancient civilizations from your own point of view... Not to mention that you may be misrepresenting some...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do atheists claim that the concept of God is so unlikely - by pocaracas - December 30, 2016 at 5:08 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dr. Bill Craig's Debates: Why do Atheists lose/run away from debating him? Nishant Xavier 123 8257 August 6, 2023 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  360 Million Christians Suffering Persecution: why arent Atheists helping? Nishant Xavier 48 2250 July 16, 2023 at 10:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Debunking the claim that Ramanujan received insights from a god Sicnoo0 20 1575 July 12, 2023 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1086 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Why do you not believe in the concept of a God? johndoe122931 110 9174 June 19, 2021 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Atheists: I have tips of advice why you are a hated non religious dogmatic group inUS Rinni92 13 2924 August 5, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Atheists: Why did female with fat butts and short legs exist? Lambe7 14 2032 July 30, 2020 at 7:17 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  [Serious] Why I consider Atheists the Dumbest of the Dumb theMadJW 63 8446 May 13, 2020 at 12:07 am
Last Post: Draconic Aiur
  Why Are Atheists so Stupid Neo-Scholastic 125 16367 October 7, 2018 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Why do theist often drop the letter s when referring to atheists? I_am_not_mafia 56 12279 August 23, 2018 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic