Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 2:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your most favorite thing about being Single/Married?
RE: What's your most favorite thing about being Single/Married?
As far as legal marriage... it's a terrible contract to enter into from a financial perspective.

And don't even get me started on people in the armed forces who get married for the "financial benefits."

At 23, I love being single. I rarely crave this type of affection you speak about and when I do it's usually more sexual than anything else. I love every girl I've ever met and that will never change, but it doesn't mean I want to get serious with anyone at this point in my life. Single life is freedom. I have friends who are in their early 20s and have been with someone since middle school. They don't even know how to operate as a single person at 20 something years old and that's kind of sad.

I'm sure I will settle down one day, but I can't say I want children or ever will. But marriage as a legal contract? Fuck no. I don't need the state to tell me I love someone and want to be with them forever. That's insane.
“Love is the only bow on Life’s dark cloud. It is the morning and the evening star. It shines upon the babe, and sheds its radiance on the quiet tomb. It is the mother of art, inspirer of poet, patriot and philosopher.

It is the air and light of every heart – builder of every home, kindler of every fire on every hearth. It was the first to dream of immortality. It fills the world with melody – for music is the voice of love.

Love is the magician, the enchanter, that changes worthless things to Joy, and makes royal kings and queens of common clay. It is the perfume of that wondrous flower, the heart, and without that sacred passion, that divine swoon, we are less than beasts; but with it, earth is heaven, and we are gods.” - Robert. G. Ingersoll

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's your most favorite thing about being Single/Married? - by AceBoogie - January 31, 2017 at 11:28 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who's your favorite serial killer? Foxaèr 9 767 October 6, 2022 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  What's your favorite Weather app? Jehanne 13 1210 July 20, 2022 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  The best thing about ____________ ( fill in blank) onlinebiker 3 343 March 13, 2022 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Your favorite species. Brian37 43 2453 August 11, 2021 at 1:03 am
Last Post: Brian37
  I just found the coolest thing on the planet The Valkyrie 5 614 July 14, 2021 at 7:08 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  One thing I hate about the human language. Brian37 13 1248 June 25, 2021 at 11:19 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  What's your most fanboy item(s)? Gawdzilla Sama 26 1032 September 6, 2020 at 8:14 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Your favorite meat approximation? Gawdzilla Sama 31 1802 August 29, 2020 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The good thing about being forgetful and bills.... Brian37 13 774 July 25, 2020 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Your Favorite Religious/ Scriptural Quotes chimp3 37 4213 May 6, 2020 at 11:44 am
Last Post: onlinebiker