Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 1:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to start a new sect/new religion for dummies.
RE: How to start a new sect/new religion for dummies.
(April 11, 2017 at 10:43 am)MysticKnight Wrote:
(April 11, 2017 at 10:41 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: Be sure to have your disciples write down your miracles promptly. Writing them down promptly means they're true. Christians who believe Jesus is the most evidenced holy miracle worker because his miracles were recorded within decades of their supposed occurrence will have to convert to your movement when your miracles are recorded within hours, if they value consistency at all (there's always a few who do).
Miracles are always seen to be if a Prophet doesn't have them reported about him, he definitely is false.

I have never seen Theists say because they are reported they are true. They argue to show miracles have been reported just to show that by that standard (ie. no reports of miracles), their Prophet has not been proven false.

Let's begin to honestly assess where we all are coming from rather than strawman arguments.

"Miracle" is a word used worldwide. Islam does not own the patent on that word. We don't buy use of that word when anyone uses it.

It is still a word used from a position of ignorance based on gap filing, selection bias and sample rate error.

If a jet passenger jet crashes and nobody survives the word does not get used.

If a passenger jet crashes and 299 people survive and 1 person dies, the word "miracle" is used.

If another passenger jet crashes and 1 person survives and 299 die, the word "miracle" is still used.

When does it cease to be a miracle, when half die and half dont?

50 to 60 million humans DIE worldwide per year on average from EVERYTHING. Mostly old age, but also in the womb, or stillborn. Children die from disease and famine, and as we saw this week in Syria, even war. But people in India die from heart attacks, natural disasters. Humans in America die from tornados and earthquakes and floods. My mom died from an infection. Stories of murder in the news every day in every major city and even where I live in the sticks. 

The average amount of deaths in 10 years worldwide is half a billion, and 1 billion deaths worldwide every 20 years.

"If you find Allah that will fix it"
"If you find Jesus that will fix it"
"If you find Yahweh that will fix it"
"If you follow Buddha that will fix it". 
"If you follow the Hindu gods that will fix it".

Nope, no such thing as a "miracle". If you survive a jet crash it was because of your position in the airplane, pilot skill and angle of impact, mechanical conditions and weather conditions. If you die, it would also be for the same reason.

My mom died, because she was old, not because she believed or didn't believe. She died because when humans get old their immune systems don't work as well as when you are younger. If I get hit by a car crossing the street tomorrow nobody will be smoting me or smiting me from the divine world. I it will merely mean either the driver wasn't paying attention or I wasn't or both.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to start a new sect/new religion for dummies. - by Brian37 - April 11, 2017 at 11:07 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Judaism - What is judaism - When did it start? Ferrocyanide 19 2038 November 26, 2022 at 1:29 am
Last Post: UniversesBoss
  Children removed from Jewish sect's jungle compound in Mexico zebo-the-fat 3 675 September 30, 2022 at 5:12 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  My new religion: New Age Hedonism Transcended Dimensions 20 4608 October 2, 2017 at 7:38 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 11170 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 5031 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 20121 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
Rainbow Gay rights within the template of religion proves flaws in "religion" CristW 288 50995 November 21, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen
  Odd sect or denomination sven 29 5158 March 28, 2014 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Kayenneh
  If you wish to start your own religion Ronga 4 1689 November 18, 2013 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  Macro and Micro evolution for dummies. Gooders1002 73 22670 December 7, 2012 at 11:00 am
Last Post: popeyespappy