Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:21 pm

Poll: Should Gays have rights in society?
This poll is closed.
Yes, this is their natural right to be gay.
92.86%
13 92.86%
No, being gay is not natural therefore they have no natural right to be gay.
0%
0 0%
No, being gay is against a Divine Command and therefore they have no rights but be subject to punishment!
0%
0 0%
Yes, this is not a natural right but Gays have rights to be Gay no matter the circumstances and social templates.
7.14%
1 7.14%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay rights within the template of religion proves flaws in "religion"
Rainbow 
Gay rights within the template of religion proves flaws in "religion"
Hello all, Let me make this clear and precise:

I am NOT gay !!! I am NOT a homosexual!

I am just not intimidated by them because they are fellow human beings and citizens with NATURAL rights!

Everyone know I used to be Muslim. You know the punishment for both being gay in the midst of the Muslim community.

With that being said. All religions at least within the Abrahamic framework are not friendly to homosexuals. In other words, they are hostile to gay existence.

So, how could a free, democratic and republican forms of government allow anti-gay legislation?

Has the previous question proven the flaw of religion, at least the Abrahamic ones, in operating within a functioning democracy. Would fanatic opinions reverse the progressive trends within a functioning democracy?

Obviously, the christian community is not stoning homosexuals but is this proof in itself that Biblical directives are not divine. While some of the Muslim community is enforcing these directives, which are also biblical, does this proves that social conservative trends are not in accordance with the American founding fathers ideals? There are many indicators within the Islamic holy texts which presents the theory that Prophet Muhammad borrowed and copied many biblical directives.

Both Christian and Muslim communities are gradually liberalizing and following the progressive trends. This is all possible because of commerce, yes, commerce expanding and incorporated in all aspects of our lives. As for the Jewish community, they have been liberalizing their opinions since after the Temple's destruction in Jerusalem by the Romans thanks to the treatise of Flavius Josephus and later works of Maimonides.

Overall; the liberalizing and further religious interpretations following the general progressive trend in society, because of commerce, has exposed its flaws to the very observant few.
RE: Gay rights within the template of religion proves flaws in "religion"
(October 11, 2014 at 3:33 pm)CristW Wrote: Hello all, Let me make this clear and precise:

I am NOT gay !!! I am NOT a homosexual!
Not that there's anything wrong with that! Smile

I'm not so sure about the "commerce" aspect of your post, but I believe Christian and Muslim moderation on this issue is simply one more aspect of their religions that they are reluctantly letting go in favor of the overwhelming tide of science and public opinion.

This again, is what I find dangerous. People are clinging to their religious beliefs while reason and rational thought chip away at the absurdities. Instead of opening their eyes and embracing reality, they are picking and choosing what they want to believe and still giving strength to the fundamentalists that want to legislate and force others to their points of view.
The poll answers are flawed. Homosexuality is not something you have a "right" to be, because you can't choose to be it. It's like asking if someone has the "right" to be tall or short.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?

[Image: LB_Header_Idea_A.jpg]
(October 11, 2014 at 4:34 pm)One Above All Wrote: The poll answers are flawed. Homosexuality is not something you have a "right" to be, because you can't choose to be it. It's like asking if someone has the "right" to be tall or short.

The poll answers are under the criteria of political legislation. I am sure someone who is gay would not bother and would not care what others think about them. Nevertheless, there are plenty of legislation or laws against them and their lifestyle. Again, we are questioning the legislation(s). I totally see that it is pointless and ridiculous but that was what the poll is attempting to show, it's silly legislation based on flawed divine commands.
It's what I call verbal gymnastics. They twist and contort the words so much that they can interprete the Bible to mean whatever the fuck they want it to mean.

I'm also sure that in another 30 or 40 years, we'll be hearing about how all the anti-gay Christians were never "real" Christians and that the gay rights movement was led by Christianity. I'd hope that with the improved record keeping that comes along with technological advances, we'd be able to call them on it, but the fundies never seem to be stopped with logic.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(October 11, 2014 at 6:19 pm)CristW Wrote: The poll answers are under the criteria of political legislation. I am sure someone who is gay would not bother and would not care what others think about them. Nevertheless, there are plenty of legislation or laws against them and their lifestyle. Again, we are questioning the legislation(s). I totally see that it is pointless and ridiculous but that was what the poll is attempting to show, it's silly legislation based on flawed divine commands.

The very idea that your sexual orientation determines your lifestyle is ridiculous, if not outright fallacious.
If your poll was meant to show that, you should have mentioned it in your OP, as I'm sure some of those who read this thread wasted time trying to find an answer that suited them.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?

(October 11, 2014 at 6:50 pm)One Above All Wrote:
(October 11, 2014 at 6:19 pm)CristW Wrote: The poll answers are under the criteria of political legislation. I am sure someone who is gay would not bother and would not care what others think about them. Nevertheless, there are plenty of legislation or laws against them and their lifestyle. Again, we are questioning the legislation(s). I totally see that it is pointless and ridiculous but that was what the poll is attempting to show, it's silly legislation based on flawed divine commands.

The very idea that your sexual orientation determines your lifestyle is ridiculous, if not outright fallacious.
If your poll was meant to show that, you should have mentioned it in your OP, as I'm sure some of those who read this thread wasted time trying to find an answer that suited them.

Strange, because the poll is simple and direct. If you do not vote that is ok and i have no problem with that.
(October 11, 2014 at 10:24 pm)CristW Wrote: Strange, because the poll is simple and direct. If you do not vote that is ok and i have no problem with that.

Like I said, the poll is flawed, because you can't give someone the right to "be gay" any more than you can give them the right to "be tall". It's not a choice. Rights are given to choices; not uncontrollable aspects of ourselves.

I can't answer the questions, they don't seem sound to me. Whether people have the right to being homosexual (which you are not, I get it) is not a sensible question. You could just as well ask whether I have the natural right to be born lefthanded, or whether that is illegal. I also don't quite know what Natural right means.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Your poll indicates that you do not understand that sexual orientation is not a choice.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Down 11-Year-Old Genius Proves Hawking Wrong About God Fake Messiah 7 1122 April 16, 2019 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Quantum Physics Proves God’s Existence blue grey brain 15 1867 January 2, 2019 at 11:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Popcorn Proves Poppy the Pop Corn God. The Valkyrie 67 10139 May 16, 2018 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The false self and our knowledge of it's deception proves God. Mystic 89 12233 April 14, 2017 at 1:41 pm
Wink The Attraction System In MEN & WOMEN Proves God Exists!!! Edward John 69 13357 December 12, 2016 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Hypothetically, science proves free will isn't real henryp 95 13356 July 12, 2016 at 7:00 pm
  Christians think they have special rights GoHalos1993 10 2927 October 29, 2015 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Zeitgeist proves the fault in Religion Charles Xavier 21 3440 January 5, 2015 at 6:12 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Believers got us dead to rights, give up. Brian37 22 6116 September 19, 2014 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  If science proves we were seeded by Annuanki? Does that make them our gods? greekGod 32 8185 August 21, 2014 at 5:01 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb