Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 8:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Without the Shedding of Blood There is No Remission of Sin
RE: Without the Shedding of Blood There is No Remission of Sin
(April 27, 2017 at 5:12 pm)Drich Wrote:
(April 27, 2017 at 12:04 pm)Harry Nevis Wrote:
So now there are degrees of omniscience?  You're a hoot.

Sorry if I seemingly speak... what's the thing the rest of you were calling me after my hate thread a few months back???
Sociopathicly (too logically for some to see the cold hard truth of compassion.)

I'll pay you a dollar to link me to that supposed "hate on Drich thread". Then you can pay me 10c to psychoanalyze it for you.
Wait hold on lemme guess first. Did you say atheists don't exist in foxholes again, something you can't possibly know despite your professed 'higher intelligence'?  Or or was it the good ol "I'd smash babies heads in for god and it would be righteous cuz everything god says and does is righteous" bit? 

I wonder how Lek and SteveII (what happened to SteveI i wonder?) feel about that one. Tell me guys, if your self professed god irrefutably came and told you personally, without any doubt of his validity or your perception of reality-- to rip a baby out of its mothers womb and smash its head across the rocks, would you do it???

I gander they called you a sociopath because we have been through countless conversations about these very things. Omniscience. Non omniscience. Justice, injustice. Who makes the definitions of such, is morality subjective or objective, etc. 

And every time, you are faced with the facts that indeed even according to your own brethren you are unwaveringly objectively and subjectively wrong. You seem to take pride in it, as a matter of fact. Like only you has the skinny on what god'man is thinking and doing. At least you have acknowledged the link between your superiority complex to the placement of god in your brain. I'm personally not convinced that you are a socuopath, that word is thrown around a lot online and abroad.
 Personally I think you like the prestige others may give you in your personal circles, for putting up with us "horrible" atheists for our "own good". You seem t have found a factory for those more sub-Drichy-like-intelligence beings who youve found you can easily manipulate as the basis of your self indulgent whim. That and just like anyone-- you like a challenge. I will admit your own version of Word salad is.. distatefull at best, but you're right. It's also very incoherent to a rational mind. 

Quote:For instance I was not saying there were degrees of omniscience. To me it is the true sociopath who uses this word to describe degrees to his upper level of intelligence in relation to someone elses's upper level/boarding God like knoweledge.

:I was going to laugh,  but this isn't funny. .
You think.. sociopathic qualities are a sign of greater intelligence??!!
See this is why I was concerned about your mental health when we met. One day, like all us regular human beings, you may just slip full on into schitzophrenia with no warning and bash some babies' heads in fgs. I will admit I do believe that your belief system would make you a higher risk for violence were you to acquire this very real condition.

Quote:I was speaking to the other end of the spectrum which Is why said " far less omniscience than what I am." I was speaking to how far we (the op and I stood AWAY from God's knowledge)

Annnnndddd this is why people think you have a superiority complex. Are you not doing enough, Drich? Isn't that cross on your back heavy enough? Don't you suffer us enough? Isn't it just so damn hard to get on the Internet and reprimand others?

Quote:

On the surface this is a back handed to the op, but if you think it out. I am not only comparing lack of knowledge I am describing my own inability to communicate simply, if after everything that I said she still did not understand... Then how far do I stand Away from God to explain it simply?

It supposedly didn't take Jesus much of his sociopathic god knowledge to say hey, this whore is better than all of you hypocrites, or for him to literally conjure a whipping stick to beat the Pharisees out of their money lending scheme at temple. Hell, he seemed pretty easily to traverse through the most stigmatized of sinners and undesirables of the time, and cure them of the horrors this world has to offer them

You, however, can't seem to say in comprehensible terms what you believe, why you believe it, and actually feel "put upon" because you wonder just how far you have to go to relate to us subhumans??? Here's a hint, drop the act. Speak english. try to relate to another human being.

Mostly though drop the act. It's not effective. Name a single user from this site, past or present, who has heard the call back to the bible and it's god and it's tenets, thanks to your "tough love" form of "missionaries".

Drich Wrote:
Rhondezvous Wrote:]
If you can't make it coherent without someone grovelling to your higher knowledge, you're egotistical and self-righteous, things that are so apparant in your posts.  A typical american christian.

and if I can then what? does that make me more typical Korean-American Christian? cause that I what I Gotz to Repo Zent sun!!

Not funny. That's.. not funny. No way, in alleged hell or on earth, is that funny.

Sorry, I digress. You're from Florida, dude. And yeah we Americans are typically of more than one nationality.
How about you confront the actual point they were making, which is that you want anyone willing to aCtually know what you TRuly believe, to come to you with their tail between their legs and their hands up looking to you like you have the answers they surely do not! Otherwise you "don't waste your time" on us, do you? The sad fact is, that Without humbling those around you with utter nonsense--preying upon their hopes that you actually know what you're talking about.., you cant seem to communicate effectively. Which is a problem. Maybe you should mull that one over as you fall asleep tonight, chief.

Drich Wrote:
(April 27, 2017 at 3:33 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: 1. I said the Church is inconsistent in its chameleon shifting from definition to definition depending on what is currently socially acceptable. The behavior of the biblical god offers no example of love and justice that resonates true to me.
2. Here is your logic: God is just, therefore everything the bible claims god did is just. None of the actions the bible attributes to god can make him unjust because everything god does is just. And around and round and round we go.
2b.  The bible itself is inconsistent in its definition of  what hell is. In fact, there is no place of eternal torment in the O.T. Hell is a N.T. concept that sprang out of apocalyptic Judaism during the last centuries of B.C.E. The term occasionally translate as hell in the O.T. is  the Hebrew word “Lish·'O·Vl”,  (sheol or hades) which means the underworld or place of the dead.

Steve, understand you are not talking to people who are ignorant of what the bible says or of Church history, so before you twist things around, remember that we will always catch you.

May I cut in?
1. Bwahahahaha!!!What makes you the standard of love and justice? Matter of fact what seperates your love  and justice/What makes your version of love and justice "MORE RIGHT" than the love and justice found in sherria law concerning women? That 'love and justice' is your core righteousness. but again what makes your version of righteousness more righteous that an isis member practicing his version of sherria law? In both cases you only have yourselves or your peer groups to support what you think is right.

Now what if to God bothing of you and your ISIS friend's idea of righteousness is an abomination to everything Holy? What makes God's version of righteousness a standard and your version just another version of self righteousness?

2. Youre missing an element. God is all powerful, therefore whatever He says is Just is Just. Even if the unjust would disagree. Despite what some of your peers would say. All of man's history have always shown that might make right. God is the mightiest, so he is indeed the rightiest!
2b :Bwahahahaha: the bible is consistant through out concerning Hell. In the OT it is described as death, and in the new it is simply describes as the second death, where God sends the condemned to die, "fear not the one who can hurt the body bt the one who can destroy the soul in Hell..
What was added in the NT was HOW the soul is destroyed.. HOW the soul dies.. No matter how it dies the soul is still sheol..

I love it when you guys try to trivialize hell by using the bible to try and build a case. either you are trying to 'win souls' or yur still steeped in religion. That means if I can show you that you are wrong using the bible, you'll be wondering about this before you doze off!

So despite what your quoted guys thinks... the only thing that truly changed between the OT and NT decription of Hell was in the NT Jesus describes How the soul in destroyed in sheol.

1. There you go, laughing overtly at someone truly willing to voice their concerns with the biblically provided definitions of certain premises. Like justice. And she has a very valid point, which you choose to turn around and throw into her face a bunch of superiority complex bullshit shrouded in non sequiturs about how SHE is mistaken in expecting the Biblical creator of all things including the bible, to actually fucking communicate effectively with his creation about his will and expectations. The ISIS bull crap has nothing to do with the things she takes issue with, so why bring it up??? 

2.Might make right in man world so that equates to.. god being the mightiest rightiest? Either you're talking down to her, or you're legitimately being lazy. If you don't have anything of content to say, maybe shut up for onciest.
And in case you missed it, she asked you a question. How do you legitimize a being who says they are just, even though their professed actions tell a different story? For that matter how do you even begin to believe someone you cannot heAR smell or touch, exists in the first place? You'd be far more reasonable to believe the homeless guy with a sign who says he's god who lives at the trainstation, is just and righteous when he says it, because at least youcan confirm that he exists in the first place.

2b. I'm.. not getting into this time sink again. I will pull up an old threwd for u maybe though with my proofs for why youre wrong. Again. 
I will say however "just because you say it's so does not mean it is so, so if you're going to get in a debate about this issue-back it up with some evidence and quit being lazy.

Lastly, hell or the concept of it, is a very serious part of why you are despised. I despise you. You take pleasure in the belief that the vast majority of humans won't be as smart as you, or as good as you, and will end up in a fiery pit of forever torment. YOU can trivialize hell all you want, but we've all read Revelations, Drich. I'll get that thread to you that I made for Catfish when he was around, re: my actual references for why hell should be taken at face value from the bible as eternal and as described.

If it makes you feel better to know your mom or dad or uncle or kids won't go to an actual eternal fiery hell--then all that means is youve negotiated your conscience with the bible so you don't have to feel like a monster for advocating the fantasy of such evidently evil bullshit about your fellow man, in the first place.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Without the Shedding of Blood There is No Remission of Sin - by Mystical - April 28, 2017 at 7:16 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sin and death LinuxGal 35 2486 December 11, 2023 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44958 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  the nature of sin Drich 137 19192 August 11, 2020 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. vorlon13 14 3151 August 1, 2017 at 2:54 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Sin and the Blame Game LadyForCamus 115 30728 June 20, 2017 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  Why Lust is bad, not gonna use "sin" reason but logical reason Rispri 27 5624 March 4, 2017 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Question for Christians regarding elimination of Sin ErGingerbreadMandude 11 2830 January 29, 2017 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker
  hate the sin, love the sinner mcolafson 101 14716 September 5, 2016 at 11:19 am
Last Post: LostLocke
  Little children who died without Baptism go to eternal Hell?! Jehanne 34 6276 February 29, 2016 at 6:22 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Sin & Forgiveness miaharun 119 16018 November 16, 2015 at 4:04 am
Last Post: robvalue