Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 24, 2024, 5:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Truth about Vaccines:A quick refutation
RE: The Truth about Vaccines:A quick refutation
(May 3, 2017 at 3:32 pm)alpha male Wrote:
(May 3, 2017 at 3:23 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: You don't seem to be getting this.  I think we should just discard that label since it appears to be hindering your ability to take part in this conversation.

I'm getting it. The point I was headed to is that, by your logic, once a vaccine has sufficiently reduced the chance of exposure to a particular virus, a person isn't an anti-vaxxer if they choose not to get/give their children the vaccine. I think most people on your side in this discussion would disagree, and do include those people as anti-vaxxers. 

But, a lot of them have done the same with Gardasil.

Bolded mine.  Completely incorrect, as far as my argument, no idea where the hell you got the first half of that from.

An anti-vaxxer, as much as I can tell, is someone who denies the scientific evidence of the efficacy and safety of vaccines, usually as a treatment altogether. One can be fully aware of the merits, efficacy, and safety of a vaccine and still refuse to vaccinate for entirely different reasons. I would argue that person has made a gravely incorrect choice, they're being illogical or ridiculous or idiotic - but they aren't what we would normally call part of the "anti-vaccine" movement.

I don't know how much clearer I can make it. It's why I think you should stop focusing so much on the label.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Truth about Vaccines:A quick refutation - by GUBU - April 30, 2017 at 7:24 pm
RE: The Truth about Vaccines:A quick refutation - by Isis - April 30, 2017 at 8:13 pm
RE: The Truth about Vaccines:A quick refutation - by FatAndFaithless - May 3, 2017 at 3:33 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vaccines: Low trust in vaccination 'a global crisis' zebo-the-fat 20 2166 September 6, 2019 at 8:28 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Is there a term for this? Quick thinking in a crisis. Gawdzilla Sama 14 1960 September 27, 2017 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Quick question about evolution Yoo 29 3400 August 28, 2016 at 9:14 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Quick train question...(puzzle) lifesagift 33 6444 December 18, 2014 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  exempt from vaccines for religious reasons Cego_Colher 9 2736 October 15, 2010 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris