Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 4:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns?
RE: Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns?
(May 6, 2017 at 12:32 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(May 5, 2017 at 4:38 pm)Brian37 Wrote: The founders wrote laws REGULATING the size of muskets and musket balls. Funny how nobody on the far right gun worshiping sides ever shouts "SAWED OFF SHOTGUNS SHOULD BE LEGAL". 

It is utter nonsense that the founders intended for a free for all. No other product sold in America gets the level of immunity guns do and it is frightening. What NRA nutters are arguing would be like using rotary phone laws to regulate cell phones.

It has had court rulings, that is what the Supreme Court has done since on every subject. Unfortunately for the past 36 years the Supreme Court has sided with mostly big business, including gun companies. 

The last time the GOP cared about gun safety Reagan got shot and Brady did too. I certainly hope it doesn't take some nut hitting a high profile republican's family for society to wake up.
There are more restrictions on BB guns than on actual guns.

And so many people don't see a problem with that.

(May 6, 2017 at 5:22 pm)Jeanne Wrote:
(May 5, 2017 at 3:11 pm)Cyberman Wrote: It all comes down to premeditation, as to whether a killing is murder or not. Does someone carry a firearm with the expectation that they may use it?

If you go for a walk down the road and know there are dogs that might chase you and you carry a big stick...do you carry it with the expectation that you may use it?

If I thought that I would never have to use my sidearm, I would not wear it.  But...then I would not have been able to kill my attackers.  And, neither would I have felt safe in those few instances when strangers that made me feel creepy were on my property.

I have never had an accident, but I wear my seatbelt every single time.

I bet that criminals intend to use their guns when they venture out with them.  It is for courts to decide it they intended to murder or committed man-slaughter instead.

When I use my gun to commit murder, then I am a criminal.  Until then I am a law-abiding citizen just like you....or I assume that you are one, too.

-Jeanne
Do you wear your gun to Wal-mart?

(May 6, 2017 at 12:55 pm)KUSA Wrote:
(May 6, 2017 at 12:15 pm)Brian37 Wrote: KUSA we are being deadly serious. Your paranoid kneejerk reaction to criticism is the problem. You have been so deeply indoctrinated, like a child of ANY conservative religion, that when someone tells you there is a problem with your attitude you stupidly take it as an "all or nothing" argument on our part, which it is NOT.

You are acting the same about guns as a right wing Muslim does when you criticize the Koran.

NOBODY on the left, that I would consider pragmatic or sane wants to ban every single firearm. Just like while I criticize ALL religions, I am not calling for an all out ban on religion. 

Your utopia attitude about pretend scenarios of what you would do "IF" "this or that" happens "I'd do this", only addresses your intent of what you think or would want to happen. In real life, what you want or think might happen is not the real life outcomes. If you go into gun ownership thinking all it takes to not hurt yourself is "I have no record" you are fooling yourself and the person you are most likely to affect because of that attitude IS YOU.

Mere target shooting is what most non police and non military get as far as training. In real life that is NOT enough to have the ability to remain calm while using a firearm. If you are not willing to take that into consideration, you are a danger to yourself and those you live with and are far more likely to make that one mistake.

WE are NOT one bit calling for a ban on every single firearm. We are addressing your flawed perception. It only takes one mistake with a gun. You have not demonstrated in this thread that you take guns seriously. "I have the right" is not the argument we are making.

Your utopia thinking will get you hurt. Your lack of pragmatism will get you hurt.

Set me straight then. What should I do? What steps should I take to be the responsible gun owner you would have me be?
Don't put other people in danger. You're far more likely to shoot someone who doesn't need it than to kill a bad guy. 

My guns were locked in safes when I had them at home. Now they're locked in safes at a local range. When I was  a young man I was taught how to take care of myself without a gun before I was allowed to fire a gun. Eventually I taught young men how to take care of themselves with and without guns.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? - by Gawdzilla Sama - May 6, 2017 at 6:20 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did guns or vaccines save more lives in 2021? FlatAssembler 94 8137 January 27, 2023 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What happens if you "tell" a police to f**k off? Freedom of speech? Duty 16 1096 April 17, 2022 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Liz Cheney Says She Was Wrong... Secular Elf 2 364 September 28, 2021 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  No More Guns Foxaèr 75 5567 August 1, 2021 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Ghost Guns - one of the left's lies. onlinebiker 33 2341 June 23, 2021 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Want to sell more guns? Vote ( D ) onlinebiker 145 8435 February 26, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Let’s take their guns BrokenQuill92 141 10355 November 22, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  "Tell All" books and politics........ Brian37 18 1051 September 6, 2020 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Bringing out the big guns. onlinebiker 24 1755 August 17, 2020 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  All Hail the Second Amendment Minimalist 3795 663820 August 14, 2020 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama