Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 5:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns?
RE: Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns?
(May 6, 2017 at 6:20 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(May 6, 2017 at 12:32 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: There are more restrictions on BB guns than on actual guns.

And so many people don't see a problem with that.

(May 6, 2017 at 5:22 pm)Jeanne Wrote: If you go for a walk down the road and know there are dogs that might chase you and you carry a big stick...do you carry it with the expectation that you may use it?

If I thought that I would never have to use my sidearm, I would not wear it.  But...then I would not have been able to kill my attackers.  And, neither would I have felt safe in those few instances when strangers that made me feel creepy were on my property.

I have never had an accident, but I wear my seatbelt every single time.

I bet that criminals intend to use their guns when they venture out with them.  It is for courts to decide it they intended to murder or committed man-slaughter instead.

When I use my gun to commit murder, then I am a criminal.  Until then I am a law-abiding citizen just like you....or I assume that you are one, too.

-Jeanne
Do you wear your gun to Wal-mart?

(May 6, 2017 at 12:55 pm)KUSA Wrote: Set me straight then. What should I do? What steps should I take to be the responsible gun owner you would have me be?
Don't put other people in danger. You're far more likely to shoot someone who doesn't need it than to kill a bad guy. 

My guns were locked in safes when I had them at home. Now they're locked in safes at a local range. When I was  a young man I was taught how to take care of myself without a gun before I was allowed to fire a gun. Eventually I taught young men how to take care of themselves with and without guns.

BINGO! 

Shooting is not the most important thing in survival, remaining calm, muscle memory training and using deadly force as a last resort. If you don't think in those terms of training, you are asking for trouble.

This is what pisses me off with people on ANY subject. They always scream "What would you know". I get the same crap with economic issues too. "What would you know Brian, you don't have an economic degree, you aren't rich", then I point to a billionaire and say, "Ok, fine, don't want to listen to me? How about someone who is rich who would agree with me".

OK KUSA, here is another person who has experience with firearms who is telling you your attitude SUCKS. 

And we are NOT saying that to take your rights away, we are saying that to warn you your dreamy eyed utopia attitude is far more likely to hurt you. Guns are not toys and not something you simply say, "I can hit a target" and one mistake with a gun and your good intent won't mean shit.

(May 6, 2017 at 5:22 pm)Jeanne Wrote:
(May 5, 2017 at 3:11 pm)Cyberman Wrote: It all comes down to premeditation, as to whether a killing is murder or not. Does someone carry a firearm with the expectation that they may use it?

If you go for a walk down the road and know there are dogs that might chase you and you carry a big stick...do you carry it with the expectation that you may use it?

If I thought that I would never have to use my sidearm, I would not wear it.  But...then I would not have been able to kill my attackers.  And, neither would I have felt safe in those few instances when strangers that made me feel creepy were on my property.

I have never had an accident, but I wear my seatbelt every single time.

I bet that criminals intend to use their guns when they venture out with them.  It is for courts to decide it they intended to murder or committed man-slaughter instead.

When I use my gun to commit murder, then I am a criminal.  Until then I am a law-abiding citizen just like you....or I assume that you are one, too.

-Jeanne

STOP MAKING THIS ABOUT RIGHTS............. NOBODY IS OUT TO GET YOU!

Legal at time of buy, does not prevent someone from making that one mistake after the legal purchase.

Guns are not forgiving, once you pull that trigger you cannot turn back time.

And even without guns, I have had a lifetime of morons playing street lawyer in their heads with drinking and driving, driving while high, and even "If you say that about my mother I fucking kick your ass", seen lots of people end up getting themselves needlessly hurt, even if they are in the right, because they work up a utopia in their head.

I have no felony criminal record myself. I have no history of violence myself. I could go into a gun shop right now and legally purchase a firearm. But I also suffer from anxiety and depression and drink too. So do you think those problems are a good thing to mix with firearms? 

No? I would agree. So if you agree with that then you cannot make this about you and you alone. You suffer from the same selection bias and sample rate error I see with theists who scream "you want to ban religion"  and if you are an atheist, you know damned well that isn't pragmatic even if you wanted to.

NOBODY is out to take away anyone's rights. We simply want better vetting. You need food, you don't need caviar. You need a car, you want a Lamborghini. 

Regulations are about safety, not bans. I personally wont own a gun, mainly because I accept I cant hit a target to save my life, but also knowing my biological family's history of anxiety and depression, that is my own self awareness. Unfortunately not everyone is willing to accept their own limitations.

What if someone who does have mental illness but has no record at time of buy kills your loved one? "Oh well, sucks to be you". I doubt you would make that argument and I hope you don't ever have to face that in reality. I hope you never have a family member or friend commit suicide or have their kid accidentally  shoot themselves or someone else. I hope you never accidentally hurt yourself with your own gun. I think your ATTITUDE sucks, and does not match reality.

Year after year and decade after decade the data of gun injury and death has always shown that the user is more likely to hurt themselves or someone they know than successfully defend themselves from a stranger.

"I have the right" is not what we are against. Just like you have the right make the attempt to get a drivers license, and if you prove you can drive, that does not mean you have the legal right speed 50mph in a 25mph school zone.

Rights come with responsibility. "Legal at time of buy" does not mean you are going into that buy with a pragmatic attitude. When you start off with that argument you are arguing from emotion, not pragmatism. 

YES YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO A GUN, but mentally ill people should be vetted, domestic abusers should not have them, mixing guns and alcohol is just fucking bat shit insane. YES you do have a right to a firearm, but you have no right to a military jet armed with missiles. You don't need big clips or spray weapons. YES you can have a gun, but you also need to take it seriously and treat it always like a armed bomb. If you don't treat it like that you are far more likely to hurt yourself.

Now just like KUSA, I defy him and you to show me anywhere in this post I am calling for a ban on all firearms.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? - by Brian37 - May 7, 2017 at 9:19 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did guns or vaccines save more lives in 2021? FlatAssembler 94 8132 January 27, 2023 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What happens if you "tell" a police to f**k off? Freedom of speech? Duty 16 1094 April 17, 2022 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Liz Cheney Says She Was Wrong... Secular Elf 2 364 September 28, 2021 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  No More Guns Foxaèr 75 5564 August 1, 2021 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Ghost Guns - one of the left's lies. onlinebiker 33 2338 June 23, 2021 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Want to sell more guns? Vote ( D ) onlinebiker 145 8428 February 26, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Let’s take their guns BrokenQuill92 141 10349 November 22, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  "Tell All" books and politics........ Brian37 18 1050 September 6, 2020 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Bringing out the big guns. onlinebiker 24 1755 August 17, 2020 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  All Hail the Second Amendment Minimalist 3795 663715 August 14, 2020 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama